new PB... heat question

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
wow, i am simply stunned...

12" is the G4 ibook i wished for and i'm just about 99% certain I will get now, a little weary about buying first generation stuff but this just looks amazing, probably will wait until more thorough reviews come in and hopefully one will show up at my local Apple Store so I can go and see one...

Anyway, for those in SF for the expo, question... how hot are the new PB's running? I know it's been an issue for the earlier PB's, just wondering if the new Al casing makes the heat better/worse..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Aluminum should dissipate the heat as well as the Titanium did. It was hard to gauge how hot the bottom of the PowerBooks were because they were sitting on top of that warm lighted countertop.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I agree with the heat concerns. I am eagerly waiting to hear if the new Al case/model for the 12" has less of a heat issue. Has there been any reviews yet by credible sources?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    This is what MacNN had to say in their overview of the 12" Powerbook ( <a href="http://www.macnn.com/feature.php?id=367"; target="_blank">http://www.macnn.com/feature.php?id=367</a>; )

[quote]

Like the iBook, however, the left side of the notebook is significantly warmer. The right side of the computer houses the battery and optical drive, and the left side and center of the unit house the hotter components (hard drive, AirPort Extreme card, and electronics). The machine generates a considerable amount of heat, and the backlit, frosted Lucite counters at the Apple booth certainly don't help the machine stay cool. On the show floor, the aluminum notebook was not noticeably cooler or warmer than an iBook.<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 4 of 4
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    If Sean's last statement is true, then there is little to be concerned about. There is not a heat problem with the iBook.