hands on AluBook, anyone?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by dstranathan:

<strong>

Who is that beautiful girl in Chevy's with Jack? Oh, the PowerBooks look cool too, thanks. And take more pics of, er....the, eh, oh damnit...the girl! :0)</strong><hr></blockquote>

'Tis the fairest of them all...

... Oops.. Don't want to make it 3 times getting turned down
  • Reply 22 of 31
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    not to correct the wonderful roo....but [quote] ote that the 12" does not have a backlit keyboard or firewire 800 (it has one USB and one firewire port). <hr></blockquote>

the 12 has 2 usb and 1 firewire port.....g

wish it had one FW 800 port and the adapter down to FW400...g

• Reply 23 of 31
    rooroo Posts: 162member
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>not to correct the wonderful roo....but

the 12 has 2 usb and 1 firewire port.....g

</strong><hr></blockquote>

ごめんなさい (sorry). and, the 17" was not really flexy at all, nice and robust feeling. it didn't really feel that heavy, probably because the weight was rather well distributed. however, it is waay to big to fit under my coat. damn!...but maybe the 12"...hehe. and, yes, the girl is me, but you better watch those comments unless you want to incur jack's wrath!
  • Reply 24 of 31
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    roo, it is a lovely photo of a lovely girl...but it wasn't me making the comments...happily married man to a beautiful woman for 17 years....plus, look at my username....i believe jack is quite safe....and lucky too...thanks for the info on the PBs...very jealous of the people at that wonderful expo.....maybe i will make one myself...g

ps did you get keynote??

[ 01-09-2003: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>
  • Reply 25 of 31
    rooroo Posts: 162member
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>roo, it is a lovely photo of a lovely girl...but it wasn't me making the comments...happily married man to a beautiful woman for 17 years....plus, look at my username....i believe jack is quite safe....and lucky too...thanks for the info on the PBs...very jealous of the people at that wonderful expo.....maybe i will make one myself...g

ps did you get keynote??

[ 01-09-2003: Message edited by: thegelding ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

ah sorry, was to lazy to quote the other guy, figured i'd answer a bunch of questions at once. and yes, i got keynote, can't wait to get a chance to really try it out this semester.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    [quote]Originally posted by roo:

<strong>

ah sorry, was to lazy to quote the other guy, figured i'd answer a bunch of questions at once. and yes, i got keynote, can't wait to get a chance to really try it out this semester.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Tell me what the drawing tools are like. I NEED GOOD DRAWING TOOLS!
  • Reply 27 of 31
    jamiljamil Posts: 210member
    Can we give the new books another name than 'alubooks' ?

'Alu' in my native language means Potato or 'retarded' or 'obese' in slang. Now we don't want these works of arts referred to as 'Potatobooks" do we? and they are far from being 'obese'.

How about Albooks or Aibooks?

[ 01-10-2003: Message edited by: Jamil ]</p>
  • Reply 28 of 31
    haha.. potatobooks.

AlBook would be the most gramatically correct, but I can't help liking AluBook. I hate the 'Al' thing, reminds me of Married...With Children.

anyway, I'm incredibly torn now between the 800 iBook and the 867 12" PotatoBook. I love the G4, slot-load, Bluetooth, AirPort Extreme, but the iBook is all that I would really need and it's less expensive. I guess I'll be waiting to hear some responses after the new laptops have started shipping.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    [quote] AlBook would be the most gramatically correct, but I can't help liking AluBook. I hate the 'Al' thing, reminds me of Married...With Children <hr></blockquote>

Introducing the Albook, the shoe salesman's best friend
  • Reply 30 of 31
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    My father's name was Al. So I like AlBook. If/when I get one I'll call it Little Al.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    I'm gettin' me a Potatobook, woohoo. As soon as I win the lottery. Every picture is so beautiful. The arrangement and styling is typically great. I love all of the spaciousness of the laptop, but when folded it isn't unmanageably large. Such a marvel.

Jamil, what is your native language?