any way to get a mac for a windows laptop?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
So i have a windows laptop but really want a mac laptop, i'm poor. I also have a pretty old, but working dell desktop PC and flat screen (not flat panel) moniter, is there a place that trades windows stuff for something equivalent or almost equivalent mac or maybe a trade in site where i could trade all this stuff in and using that credit this company gives me buy a mac? I have tried selling my laptop on craigslist, no help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lbjandai

So i have a windows laptop but really want a mac laptop, i'm poor. I also have a pretty old, but working dell desktop PC and flat screen (not flat panel) moniter, is there a place that trades windows stuff for something equivalent or almost equivalent mac or maybe a trade in site where i could trade all this stuff in and using that credit this company gives me buy a mac? I have tried selling my laptop on craigslist, no help.

To be honest, trade-ins on computer parts are a bad deal. You won't get anything worthwhile for your time. Your best bet is to sell the individual parts on eBay, or find someone locally who wants to buy the whole system from you. Then use the money to put towards buying a Mac.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    hm ok, yea i thought so. MAc should introduce a windows for mac trade in program
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

hm ok, yea i thought so. MAc should introduce a windows for mac trade in program

Good Luck with that one!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    You could ask your parents for some money, maybe?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Please note: "MAc" is not the company, Apple is, and "Mac" is the abbreviation for Macintosh, their brand name.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    You could just be adventurous and try your luck with OSX86Project.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    joeyjoey Posts: 236member
    Plus... very few people would want to trade decent Mac hardware for PC hardware. Also... the resale value on Macs has always been nothing short of amazing. iBooks and PowerBooks that are three and four years old still fetch a pretty penny on eBay. PC/Windows notebooks tend to depreciate much quicker. You'd need to trade a truckload of old PC/Windows hardware to get a decent Mac.