Santa Steve hands out free iPod shuffles to employees

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    natannatan Posts: 15member
    some how the idea of Steve Jobs in a santa hat just does not seem right...

oh well i will get over it. maby next promotion they will hand out free ipod shufles.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    amusing thread.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by machei

BTW, I'm a newbie... first post... helllloooooo.

Hi. Welcome to AppleInsider.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    I got my personally engraved iPod Shuffle today shipped directly by Fedex from China (to Canada), even though I didn't pay for expedited shipping. I'm amazed by how much is packed into such a small package. It may not hold as much as a nano or video iPod, but it clips onto my T-shirt when I go to the fitness club and plays enough music to last a few weeks of fitness club trips.

So, it may not be as impressive as a corporate gift as an iPod Nano or Video, but at $89 Canadian, my guess is this thing is going to sell like hot cakes. The only thing I don't understand is how Apple can afford to give up enough of them to give away to their employees. The demand for this pre-Christmas is going to be insane.

Once again Apple has hit a home run.
  • Reply 24 of 33
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Cost of Shuffles to Apple: Pretty low

Dent in available product : Tiny

Goodwill: Priceless

Good on Steve ... and in my stocking I want .....
  • Reply 25 of 33
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by danielctull

Except for some reason the shuffle doesn't play podcasts?

I've just received my 2g iPod shuffle and found out I can't play podcasts. Anyone know how to rectify this?

I think you need to copy them to the shuffle manually in order for them to appear over there.

Or maybe that was just with the original shuffle.
  • Reply 26 of 33
    Dear Apple Employees,

I strongly encourage all Apple employees to wear your new shuffle as much as possible between now and December 25th.

Anyone not prominently wearing their shuffle at all times will be fired.

I will be visiting area health clubs, supermarkets and restaurants and hope to see you and your shuffle.

Love,

Steve
  • Reply 27 of 33
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Heh. Not bad.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    The best thing about this news article is seeing how bitter everyone is about a whole bunch of people who got free iPod shuffles, and they didn't.

That's humanity after all! I would be shocked if we didn't see those people clearly unpleasant.

Suck it up people.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    Not ALL employees. Seasonal employees don't get them.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    I have a 2nd gen. Shuffle and it does come with the new earbuds --- that being said it was NOT given to me by Steve Jobs... and I do work for iPod Tech Support with Apple... so this story about getting free iPods from Apple is a load of crap!

8) Tish
  • Reply 31 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by danielctull

Except for some reason the shuffle doesn't play podcasts?

I've just received my 2g iPod shuffle and found out I can't play podcasts. Anyone know how to rectify this?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300558
  • Reply 32 of 33
    Quote:

Oh thank you! You've made me think my choice in a shuffle is alright...

Still I got the old earbuds, although I use some Sony air tight ones.

Cheers again
  • Reply 33 of 33
    A few months ago (April I believe) Apple gave most of their staff 30gb iPod Videos... I would know, they gave me one!!! I sold it to a friend because I prefer $$$ to an iPod

So, in conclusion WE did not get shuffles but we did get iPod Videos!!!! HAHA if you don't work for Apple!!!