Battlestar Galactica (Re-Imagined)

Comments

• Reply 21 of 44
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    What about the religious undertones? The Cylons are the ones with one god and the humans are the multi-deity pagans. The writers are playing at your ingrained Judeo-Christian upbringing right there before they even get to politics. What is a good Judeo-Christian to do, hate the true believers? Love the pagans?
  • Reply 22 of 44
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    http://travel2.nytimes.com/2006/10/2...on/26batt.html

In Galactica, It’s Politics as Usual. Or Is It?

By VIRGINIA HEFFERNAN

Published: October 26, 2006
  • Reply 23 of 44
    Last night's episode. . . best one so far.

. . . to be continued!
  • Reply 24 of 44
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    omg that was good. if only Lost would do something like that, I'd be happy with it again
  • Reply 25 of 44
    [ot]As long as they don't kill Kate, I don't think I will be unhappy with lost...
  • Reply 26 of 44
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Hey! I'm with everyone here that this is a great show!

The best most original SF show in years.

About last night's show it's really curious that the beacon contalning the disease was found on the way to earth. Put there on purpose to keep the cylons away maybe?
  • Reply 27 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar

[ot]As long as they don't kill Kate, I don't think I will be unhappy with lost...

That is a nice dress she's sporting this season, isn't it?
  • Reply 28 of 44
    wait... there's a dress...
  • Reply 29 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar

wait... there's a dress...

Fair point. Let's just call it a "dress" in quotations marks.
  • Reply 30 of 44
    12 cylon "skinner" models. 12 colonies. They don't seem to know what 5 of them look like? Hummm?
  • Reply 31 of 44
    I began to wonder last night whether the 12 models are somehow taken from the 12 colonies.... One representative from each.
  • Reply 32 of 44
    Does that include the hybrid? I really need to buy that Tivo.
  • Reply 33 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo

Does that include the hybrid? I really need to buy that Tivo.

I don't think it does, since 6 tells Baltar that there are 5 models that they don't talk about, and the hybrid doesn't seem to be included. I'm hoping there was some kind of rift within the cylon?political or religious or both.
  • Reply 34 of 44
    Yea you know she says that they took a risk when they went organic and that they all have the same basic DNA. So the other 5 must be a part of that. Maybe there is some kind of rift? Maybe the other 5 left the virus at the lion's head nebulae? Hummmm?
  • Reply 35 of 44
    Quote:

Yea you know she says that they took a risk when they went organic and that they all have the same basic DNA. So the other 5 must be a part of that. Maybe there is some kind of rift? Maybe the other 5 left the virus at the lion's head nebulae? Hummmm?

If memory serves, he didn't say they all came from the same DNA. He said that they all came from a limited gene pool or set of samples. I"d have ot re-watch it,m though.
  • Reply 36 of 44
    12 would be a small number for sure. I think she said they were all basically the same. I need Tivo
  • Reply 37 of 44
    Quote:

12 would be a small number for sure. I think she said they were all basically the same. I need Tivo

I just checked. "We are all created from the same genetic pool."
  • Reply 38 of 44
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwinter

I just checked. "We are all created from the same genetic pool."

That's how the 'pestulance' affects all cylon crap--the related genes.

I'm wondering if they're going to do something stupid like give sharon the disease just because she entered the area.

Anyone else feel bad for Baltar? Say what you will about him not standing up for anything, but he's come close to death in just about every episode.
  • Reply 39 of 44
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwinter

I don't think it does, since 6 tells Baltar that there are 5 models that they don't talk about, and the hybrid doesn't seem to be included. I'm hoping there was some kind of rift within the cylon?political or religious or both.

There's some spoiler talk around the web that certain models get " Boxed " for some reason. Maybe these models fall into that category. Also the spoilers have it that one of the current 7 will get " Boxed " this season. I believe this came from an interview with RDM hinself so probably pretty reliable.
  • Reply 40 of 44
    Quote:

I guess the cat is out of the bag now anyway, but the "other 5" have been partly revealed. One of which is the base ship pilot model. I would assume the others go along these lines, but there's of course plenty of room for Eick & Co. to write-in the extra models however they see fit.