My US BANK Rant

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I hate you US Bank. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you.

I recently had a dealer buy me out of my auto lease with US Bank so I could get another car. I used a different finance company for the new one.

US BANK has been a total pain in my ass. I had just paid them their full payment when I got the new car, so the dealer overpaid by one payment of $350. I was told I would get a refund from the bank. They got their payoff check on October 26th (I got the car on the 10th, so the dealer was slow too).

So, I still have no check. They told me today it wasn't going out until November 10th. What's worse is that they charged me a late fee of $25 last summer because I was two days late after going on vacation. They wouldn't remove it despite me always making my payments on time. Apparently they can pay me whenever they want.

Every time I call them I'm on hold for like 15 minutes. Then, I have to get transferred to the auto lease deparment. Their direct number doesn't work. So, I'm on hold for another 15 minutes. Their website sucks too. There is no contact information for the auto lease department, for one thing. Their customer service rep (whom I spoke to today) didn't give a shit when I told her how unhappy with them I was and that I would never us them for anything ever again. They also refuse to quote payoff figures over the phone...you have to let them fax it to you. That's a real pain in the ass because I don't have a personal fax and sometimes I need to call them from home.

So here is what I'm going to do. I'm going to send them an invoice for $25 for being late on my overpayment, which they never should have had to begin with. I'm also going to write them a letter explaining how much they suck!

Your thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Screw them as hard as you can.
  • Reply 2 of 26
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Wells Fargo also sucks - but for you the best thing is to let it go and never do business with US bank again. If you spend a bunch of time on them it won't hurt them at all, and it will just use up your life.

I went through a similar thing with Air Canada (who owes me $300 to this day), my life got a lot easier when I stopped yelling at them and started boycotting them instead.
  • Reply 3 of 26
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    What the hell is US Bank?
  • Reply 4 of 26
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Bank

Sixth-largest US bank.
  • Reply 5 of 26
    Never heard of that in Massachusetts.
  • Reply 6 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

Never heard of that in Massachusetts.

That's because, as the very article I just linked you to states very bluntly, they don't have branches in MA.
  • Reply 7 of 26
    How does that contradict what I said?
  • Reply 8 of 26
    What makes you think I see a contradiction? What I see is you being a lazy bum.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

What makes you think I see a contradiction? What I see is you being a lazy bum.

I said I had never seen them in Massachusetts. They don't have branches in Massachusetts.

Fallacy goes where?
  • Reply 10 of 26
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I've never had any problems with US bank, but then again all I've got is a checking account that gets directly deposited pay checks and pays a couple bills.
  • Reply 11 of 26
    Quote:

I said I had never seen them in Massachusetts. They don't have branches in Massachusetts.

Fallacy goes where?

What makes you think there's a fallacy, then?
  • Reply 12 of 26
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    An asshole says what?

Anyway SDW, I agree with E-numbers. Just let it go. Get your money back and never deal with them again. They aren't worth the anger and frustration and the years they are taking from your life from getting so riled up about it.
  • Reply 13 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

What makes you think there's a fallacy, then?

Just trying to see what your point is...
  • Reply 14 of 26
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Just trying to see what your point is...

Don't you all have something more important to argue about? Jeez - you all need to trim down the chips on your shoulders...

[yeah, pot/kettle/black]
  • Reply 15 of 26
    I was just consued on what he was saying. I didn't disagree or say something that wasn't true, just seeing if I'm missing something.
  • Reply 16 of 26
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR

An asshole says what?

Anyway SDW, I agree with E-numbers. Just let it go. Get your money back and never deal with them again. They aren't worth the anger and frustration and the years they are taking from your life from getting so riled up about it.

I just needed to rant. I wrote my letter with the invoice. It's actually pretty hysterical. I can't wait to send it.
  • Reply 17 of 26
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001

I just needed to rant. I wrote my letter with the invoice. It's actually pretty hysterical. I can't wait to send it.

No problem. By the way the asshole comment wasn't directed at you but rather the post above me.
  • Reply 18 of 26
    Don't worry, it didn't make sense anyways.
  • Reply 19 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR

No problem. By the way the asshole comment wasn't directed at you but rather the post above me.

Yeah I got that. Thanks. I forgot to mail it today but it's going out. You should see this thing. hahaha.
  • Reply 20 of 26
    Update 11/14, 10:09 p.m.

Still no check as of today. Fuckers! I keep forgetting to send my letter. But rest assured it's going out.