My "Fall Back" Driving Rant

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Another rant from SDW! I'm on a roll!

Can someone answer a question for me? Good. So last week most of the US went from daylight savings time to standard time. For those of you unaware, that means it gets dark an hour earlier and light an hour earlier. See where I'm going?

So here is my question: Why the FUCK did people start driving like total shitheads as soon as this change happened this year? It's like thousands of people all went "Oh my God! It's dark at 5:00! Slam on the brakes! Take it easy! And most importantly, let's all go out at the same time...right as it starts to get dark! I can't drive in the dark! AHHHHHHH!"

I've never seen this before. This year, as soon as it got dark on the first night, the traffic seemed like it doubled. I thought maybe it was because I was used to a daylight rush hour, but I don't think so. I know there was more volume. The roads were flooded even at 7:00, when rush hour around here should mostly be over. I can't figure this out. I cannot STAND people that drive 40 mph in the fast lane as I'm trying to get home from work. Or, they're 10 mph under the limit on a two lane road. Shitheads!

Then we have the "Union Yes!" doo rag wearing white construction and HVAC trucks driving types. They are lollygagging their asses back from WaWa (convenient store) and 7-11 and what not, smoking their Marlboros and generally wacking off in front of me, as far as I can tell. Shitheads!

Of course, let's not leave out the pimped out honda civic driving shitheads! And the soccer mom minivan shitheads! And the Mercedes S Class shitheads! Then there are the crotchrocket "ride the dotted line" shitheads!

ARRRRGGGGGG!

[/rant]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 74
    mmmm.... Wawa.... I really have to get over my constant consumption of their hoagies...
  • Reply 2 of 74
    Seriously. They are open 24hrs, which makes the Wa-hoagie the ultimate alcohol sponge. I ate a lot of them in college.
  • Reply 3 of 74
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel

Seriously. They are open 24hrs, which makes the Wa-hoagie the ultimate alcohol sponge. I ate a lot of them in college.

Dude..they are awesome, and they now have cheesesteaks too. They're pretty effin good.
  • Reply 4 of 74
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Damn. There's a 24 convenience store called "WaWa" that serves a "WaHoagie" and cheesesteaks?

And if this establishment existed in my neck of the woods I could be eating WaHoagies and cheesesteaks at 2am, if need be?

Goddamnit. I demand the WaWa corporation, or whatever, immediately expand their operation into northern California.

If In-n-Out Burger and Krispy Kreme can be welcomed with open arms I see no reason why WaWa can't kick ass hereabouts. The people want, need and demand WaHoagies at 2am.
  • Reply 5 of 74
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    No no. Wawa sucks!

Sheetz is where it's at.

You can order at the pump at Sheetz lol.
  • Reply 6 of 74
    Sheetz is sheetz....
  • Reply 7 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox

Damn. There's a 24 convenience store called "WaWa" that serves a "WaHoagie" and cheesesteaks?

And if this establishment existed in my neck of the woods I could be eating WaHoagies and cheesesteaks at 2am, if need be?

Goddamnit. I demand the WaWa corporation, or whatever, immediately expand their operation into northern California.

If In-n-Out Burger and Krispy Kreme can be welcomed with open arms I see no reason why WaWa can't kick ass hereabouts. The people want, need and demand WaHoagies at 2am.

Oh yes... and it is Good.

They started as a dairy farm so its own branded products aren't repackaged national brands, which makes their ice cream incredibly good...
  • Reply 8 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox

It's a Philly area thing, but you can try. Best convenient store..EVAR.
  • Reply 9 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar

Oh yes... and it is Good.

They started as a dairy farm so its own branded products aren't repackaged national brands, which makes their ice cream incredibly good...

Don't forget the coffee. Mmmmmmm.. Coffee.
  • Reply 10 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001

It's a Philly area thing, but you can try. Best convenient store..EVAR.

You Philly/ Jersey boys don't know a good convenience store when you see it.

Sheetz is clearly superior.

That's all.
  • Reply 11 of 74
    Addabox, shut yo mouth.

We have AM/PM's .69 cent nachos and cheeseburgers!

Hey East Coast, put that in your WaWa and shove it!
  • Reply 12 of 74
    Can you order at the pump?

.....i don't think so.....
  • Reply 13 of 74
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Addabox, shut yo mouth.

We have AM/PM's .69 cent nachos and cheeseburgers!

Hey East Coast, put that in your WaWa and shove it!

It's true, the grass is always greener....

Still, AM/PM makes 7-11 look like a homey mom and pop corner grocery. And did you hear what they were saying? Started as dairy farm. Locally made ice cream.....mmmmmm....ice cream........

What do they look like inside? Standard convenience store brutal or maybe some diary farm touches? I'm picturing barrels of pickles next to the microwave and slurpee machines..
  • Reply 14 of 74
    Yeah Wawa's great...

vs.

Ah the way Sheetz lights up at night... calling your name....
  • Reply 15 of 74
    To be honest though, there are some WaWas that look like that Sheetz, near Wawa, PA to be precise...
  • Reply 16 of 74
    lol yeah i know.. i was being a little unfair.
  • Reply 17 of 74
    Yeah, yeah, yeah...

But where Addabox lives, you should see the clientele that go to our AM/PM's...

There aren't too many convenience stores that offer .69 cent cheeseburgers, crack, gasoline, and a blowjob...

Now THAT'S convenience...
  • Reply 18 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ

You Philly/ Jersey boys don't know a good convenience store when you see it.

Sheetz is clearly superior.

That's all.

I've been to both. WaWa wins hands down. You also posted a picture of the old WaWa stores. The new ones are like shopping malls! But with cheesesteaks!
  • Reply 19 of 74
    Does sheetz have touchscreen monitors so that you can order your hoagie (4, 6, 8, 10 or 24") at 3:15AM to a high degree of personalization in about 15 seconds? Then you can go around the store to pick up the other essential items, finally picking up your now-ready hoagie on the way out after having paid.

Now that's convenience, dammit. The fresh donuts come in around 4:30AM.
  • Reply 20 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel

Does sheetz have touchscreen monitors so that you can order your hoagie (4, 6, 8, 10 or 24") at 3:15AM to a high degree of personalization in about 15 seconds? Then you can go around the store to pick up the other essential items, finally picking up your now-ready hoagie on the way out after having paid.

Now that's convenience, dammit. The fresh donuts come in around 4:30AM.

Check.

Check.

15 seconds? It takes a little longer than that at Sheetz. Usually a few minutes or more.

(24" ?? that's insane. And probably something I would eat at 3:14 AM lol)