The 2nd gen shuffle can only sync with one computer?!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I registered my iPod shuffle 2nd Gen with my MacBook at school, and seeing as how most of my songs were on my desktop, I hooked the new shuffle up to the desktop. Now it says I can either transfer the purchased content to the desktop or erase and sync with the desktop.

Is there a way around this? If not, I'm going to return the shuffle. The 2nd gen nano can sync with multiple computers just fine, why can't the shuffle?

EDIT: My desktop is a Mac Mini G4.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    In my experience, I'm suprised you managed to get an iPod Nano syncing with multiple Macs. Basically an iPod locks itself into one copy of iTunes and allows only the transfer of iTunes store purchased content if you plug it into any other computer. It has frustrated me in the past and it still frustrates me now. My answer is, if you dont like this, consider purchasing a Creative player. The only reason I use iTunes and my Shuffle is because I ironically do purchase all my music via their store and do backup my music frequently. Let us know how it goes.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    The iPod shuffle has never been able to sync from multiple computers --- it's because of the autofill feature that it differs from the iPod Nano and Video!

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300657
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Hmm. I had a first gen shuffle but it occurred to me that I never did try to use that with two computers.

I'll just have to transfer a few songs to my desktop then and redo it. Good thing my laptop's library isn't that big.