Best Newsgroup Service

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey gang. I have returned. Good to be back.

Well, I'm looking for advice on Newsgroup Services. I had been using Newsdemon and it was great. Then they sent a message concerning my credit card.

"Dear Customer,

This note is to inform you that your account, XXXXXXX, has been temporarily put on hold because we were unable to charge your credit card. If you could check with your credit card company to make sure it will go through or provide us a second credit card number we can try again. As soon as the charge is successful, your account will be unlocked.

Please visit our Members Area at http://www.NewsDemon.com/, then select the 'Update Payment Information' link. On this page you can update your credit card number or request that we reattempt your current credit card.

Please note that we will not reattempt your credit card until you have either given us a new credit card number or requested that we retry your existing credit card.

Thank you very much for being a NewsDemon customer.

We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

NewsDemon.com Team"

Well, I did what they told me and I still couldn't get access. Sent a message to their support and nothing came back. So I canceled the account and I'm looking for a new service.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Agent Premium Newsgroups worked well for me.

http://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Thanks. They have great pricing too.

Wish there were better Newsgroup readers for Mac. Currently using Thoth and it's ok, but compared to the dozens of Windows programs...

Thanks again.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by @_@ Artman

Thanks. They have great pricing too.

Wish there were better Newsgroup readers for Mac. Currently using Thoth and it's ok, but compared to the dozens of Windows programs...

Thanks again.

Try Unison from Panic. It's shareware/commercial but it's worth it. Very Mac-like interface, very functional, too.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scout7id

Try Unison from Panic. It's shareware/commercial but it's worth it. Very Mac-like interface, very functional, too.

Wow. Didn't know Panic had one. I use Transmit so this'll be an easy learning curve.

Thanks!