Has anyone in the UK actually got the new MacBook Pro??

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Has anyone in the UK actually got the new MacBook Pro?? PC World, John Lewis, GHC, Dixons, and other local Apple dealers have had none in - some such as John Lewis were not even aware of the new model!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I take it that is a no then!...

I have heard that the UK will not be getting the new Laptops until January 2007 - John Lewis stated February to March 2007... PC world said their next stock check inventory shows March 2007

What about other countries in Europe? Anyone had any luck getting one yet>?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    do you mean are they available in UK stores? I got mine last thursday, having ordered on 1st Nov.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Just get it straight from Apple. 15"ers are showing as 3 day build time, 17"ers 7 - 10 days.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H

Just get it straight from Apple. 15"ers are showing as 3 day build time, 17"ers 7 - 10 days.

I ordered mine online on 30th october.. should be arriving latest on wednesday according to the crap online tracking..
  • Reply 5 of 6
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by guile99

according to the crap online tracking..

Use TNT's tracking, it's more thorough than the info. provided by Apple.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tintintin

Has anyone in the UK actually got the new MacBook Pro?? PC World, John Lewis, GHC, Dixons, and other local Apple dealers have had none in - some such as John Lewis were not even aware of the new model!!!

I got mine today, 15" widescreen with 2.33ghz intel core 2 duo + 2gb ram. It actually very nice for sure. Very quiet and cold (the surface)...