Apple posts slew of firmware updates, Camera Raw, more

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Apple Computer on Monday released firmware update for each of its Intel Mac computers that fix several Boot Camp, start up, and wake-from-sleep issues.



The company also issued updates to X11, Digital Camera RAW support and posted a new version of its Firmware Restoration CD:



iMac EFI Firmware Update 1.1



This EFI Firmware Update (6.1MB) fixes several Boot Camp, start up, and wake-from-sleep issues on iMac computers.



MacBook EFI Firmware Update 1.0



This EFI Firmware Update (1.6MB) fixes several Boot Camp, start up, and wake-from-sleep issues on MacBook computers.



MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.2



This EFI Firmware Update (2.7MB) fixes several Boot Camp, start up, and wake-from-sleep issues on MacBook Pro computers.



Mac mini EFI Firmware Update 1.1



This EFI Firmware Update (1.6MB) fixes several Boot Camp, start up, and wake-from-sleep issues on Mac mini computers.



Mac Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.1



This EFI Firmware Update (1.6MB) fixes several Boot Camp and start up issues on Mac Pro computers.



Firmware Restoration CD 1.2



The Firmware Restoration CD (20.5MB) is used to restore the firmware of an Intel-based Macintosh computer.



X11 Update 2006 1.1.3



This update (51MB) addresses several issues in the X11 for Mac OS X package, enabling it to better handle GLX stereo visuals and offscreen rendering to GLX Pbuffers and Pixmaps.



Digital Camera RAW Support Update 1.0.1 (PPC)



This update (1.4MB) improves RAW file format compatibility for some digital SLR cameras.



Digital Camera RAW Support Update 1.0.1 (Universal)



This update (2.4MB) improves RAW file format compatibility for some digital SLR cameras.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 18
    Macbook updated with no problems.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    Does this mean that every time I restart it won't startup in Windows by default?
  • Reply 3 of 18
    Mac Pro failed to update. 2.66 with 2GB of Apple RAM and the X1900XT upgrade from Apple. It just beeps rather than displaying a progress bar, and relaunches the firmware update when it reboots, prompting you to repeat the process. Tried it 4 times. I'm done with trying it for now.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    The update isn't working on my Mac Pro. After holding down the power button until the light blinks, the status bar comes up for a couple seconds (without showing any progress), then the computer reboots and shows the install instructions again.



    2.66, x1900xt, 4gb
  • Reply 5 of 18
    Update seemed to have worked fine on my Macbook Pro. However, my microsoft usb mouse doesn't seem to work any more. Mouse lights up fine, but pointer doesn't move at all. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed that next update may actually fix a problem without creating new ones.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeaPeaJay


    Does this mean that every time I restart it won't startup in Windows by default?



    It should continue to do so if your settings are configured to do so. It's very simple to change this either from Windows control panel or OS X system preferences.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Thank you apple. Now these sleep problems should be fixed.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    I just tried to do this firmware upgrade but when I clicked on installer, it says that I do not need this update so that doesn't make sense. Also, it says that you can check the current boot ram version in system profiler but I could not find anywhere where it gave the current version. Has anyone else experienced this? I have the new 15 inch mabook pro 2.33 with boot camp verison 1.1.2.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Worked OK on my Mac Pro... All seems to be OK for now.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. A


    I just tried to do this firmware upgrade but when I clicked on installer, it says that I do not need this update so that doesn't make sense. Also, it says that you can check the current boot ram version in system profiler but I could not find anywhere where it gave the current version. Has anyone else experienced this? I have the new 15 inch mabook pro 2.33 with boot camp verison 1.1.2.



    I don't (yet) own a C2D MBP, but apparently the new revision is already up-to-date and doesn't need this firmware update.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ciparis


    Mac Pro failed to update. 2.66 with 2GB of Apple RAM and the X1900XT upgrade from Apple. It just beeps rather than displaying a progress bar, and relaunches the firmware update when it reboots, prompting you to repeat the process. Tried it 4 times. I'm done with trying it for now.



    It worked OK on my Mac Pro, though I had to boot to a backup drive as it won't run from a RAID (my Startup is a RAID-0 pair). I think the Mac Pro update fixed some VTI-x problems with Parallels.



    But my Mac Mini did not complete and now won't boot. As it is I made the Firmware Restoration CD and tried to go through the update process but now the CD is stuck in there, no video output, and basically I have a paperweight.



    Steve
  • Reply 12 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit


    It should continue to do so if your settings are configured to do so. It's very simple to change this either from Windows control panel or OS X system preferences.



    My normal startup is a RAID-0 2-disk volume, which the "Startup" control panel applet in Windows can not see. So I have to hold down the Option Key, choose that volume, and then go into OS X Preferences and reset it there.



    Steve
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. A


    I just tried to do this firmware upgrade but when I clicked on installer, it says that I do not need this update so that doesn't make sense. Also, it says that you can check the current boot ram version in system profiler but I could not find anywhere where it gave the current version..



    I don't think there are EFI updates for the Core 2 Duo MacBook Pros.



    To see the current version:

    ABout this Mac...More Info...Hardware

    Boot ROM VersiontMBP22.00A5.B00



    Steve
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Worked fine on my 24" iMac 2.16 2gig 7600gt
  • Reply 15 of 18
    OH dear dead Mac update got stuck half way through!
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by demenas


    I don't think there are EFI updates for the Core 2 Duo MacBook Pros.



    To see the current version:

    ABout this Mac...More Info...Hardware

    Boot ROM VersiontMBP22.00A5.B00



    Steve





    Mine is also the same MBP22.00A5.B00



    however if you look at the article apple has on its website, http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...eupdate12.html



    our boot rom version should have changed to MBP11.0055.B08 (MacBook Pro 15 inch) yet it says that macbook pro core 2 duo don't need this update so I am not sure what is going on..
  • Reply 17 of 18
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. A


    Mine is also the same MBP22.00A5.B00



    however if you look at the article apple has on its website, http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...eupdate12.html



    our boot rom version should have changed to MBP11.0055.B08 (MacBook Pro 15 inch) yet it says that macbook pro core 2 duo don't need this update so I am not sure what is going on..



    There is no firmware update for your model. The MBP11 is the Core 1(!) Duo MacBook Pro 15-inch. Your MBP22 is a Core 2 Duo model.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 14,779moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking


    Thank you apple. Now these sleep problems should be fixed.



    What sleep problems have people been having? I don't remember hearing about any.
Sign In or Register to comment.