viewing multiple photos at once?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
without importing into iphoto that is.

XP has the really slick picture viewer that lets you flip through all the pictures in a folder. does os X have the same type of thing? i just want to be able to highlight a bunch of pictures (say on an SD card) and open a window (preview?) and be able to click an arrow to go to the next one, not have to go out and double click the next one.

help?

thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Just select a bunch of files in Finder, then open in Preview, and you can do exactly what you're asking.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    lupalupa Posts: 202member
    Or right click and select slideshow when you have photos selected.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    dmberdmber Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

Just select a bunch of files in Finder, then open in Preview, and you can do exactly what you're asking.

thanks a lot!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    One of the things I miss about the XP way of doing this, was that you could also delete pictures while doing this previewing. IE, I'd use picture viewer to quickly scan through all my new digital images, deleting blurry or crappy ones before I imported them into my main back up drive.

With slideshow, you can't delete any of the pictures in slideshow while it's running. Does anyone know a way around this?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Also Really anoying is that you somehow can't make slideshows of more than 100 pictures (also happende to me in Aprture BTW).

That sucks!