Any chnade of an iMac Redesign?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi, I am PC user wanting & waiting to switch to a Mac.

I am going to wait until Adobe release CS3 so I can upgrade my PC version of CS2 to a Mac version of Cs3 - kind of makes sense.

I plan on getting an iMac, however at the moment I can't get over it's look with that huge thick piece of plastic on the monitor, it really disagrees with me. Is there any chance that Apple will address this any time soon - i.e is there a new iMac in production or due for release?

If so i will be happy to wait, but if it's going to be a matter of years rather than months then I will make do with my crappy PC.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    no one knows really!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Wow, the chin would keep you from using a fantastic computer? I don't think anyone KNOWS when a revision will be coming, but I can say that it hasn't really been that long since the current model came out. I wouldn't hold your breath for a radically new version anytime soon.

Welcome to the forums. But I would offer a suggestion that you rethink your position. The chin disappears after using the computer for a while-- it's only one element of a really sharp piece of technology.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by designpunk

Hi, I am PC user wanting & waiting to switch to a Mac.

I am going to wait until Adobe release CS3 so I can upgrade my PC version of CS2 to a Mac version of Cs3 - kind of makes sense.

I plan on getting an iMac, however at the moment I can't get over it's look with that huge thick piece of plastic on the monitor, it really disagrees with me. Is there any chance that Apple will address this any time soon - i.e is there a new iMac in production or due for release?

If so i will be happy to wait, but if it's going to be a matter of years rather than months then I will make do with my crappy PC.

Thanks in advance

Its not that bad to me ? especially with the larger sized screens, where is looses prominence. Relative to the 17 inch model, yea its not pretty; however with the 24 inch one, its not all that bad.I have a 20? iMac and use the area to put sticky notes. Personally, I don?t mind it ? but far be it from me to tell what you can and cannot like.

As to the design change - they just shifted the nano over to Al, so its possiable they will shift the iMac over as well. Don't know this, it just seems that is where Apple design is heading now. Also, an Aluminum body would act better as a heat sink and allow for a smaller design I assume. My guess is by mid/early 2007 there will be a new body version released.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Are you that fussy to let the fact that the iMac has a chin to stop you from buying it. :O

It is such and awesome machine you would be an idoit to let a small aeshetic design put you off.

Tst if only i could afford one.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    The only change I forsee is just a bigger screen.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Yeah sorry but that 'chin' does put me off - agreed i'll probably get used to it but it is kinda ugly which is very unlike anything else of Apples doing I must say.

I will be waiting until April anyway so maybe a new design will come out then if not i'll buy one and get used to it! Anything must be better than Vista.

Thanks
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by designpunk

Yeah sorry but that 'chin' does put me off - agreed i'll probably get used to it but it is kinda ugly which is very unlike anything else of Apples doing I must say.

I will be waiting until April anyway so maybe a new design will come out then if not i'll buy one and get used to it! Anything must be better than Vista.

Thanks

Another perk if you're waiting until April is that you should be able to get your new Mac with the new OS (Leopard) and associated iLife pre-installed.