Retailers see strong Mac demand, little excitement over Zune

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    wallywally Posts: 211member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rain

Yes guys, Stockholm syndrom is alive and well in the computer market.

I wish that weren't true - but you're spot on.

I don't understand it either - my whole family (age range 30-80) is windows and they are ALWAYS having trouble - ALWAYS asking for help, and I keep telling them (nicely ) that they could have 90% fewer problems by switching over - they don't use windows-centric software at work, they know that Office comes on Mac... I'm baffled.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    I hope Apple introduce two ultraportable things. One newton-ipod with some kind of super-portable-mini-OSX, and one 1-1,5 kg laptop.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wally

I wish that weren't true - but you're spot on.

I don't understand it either - my whole family (age range 30-80) is windows and they are ALWAYS having trouble - ALWAYS asking for help, and I keep telling them (nicely ) that they could have 90% fewer problems by switching over - they don't use windows-centric software at work, they know that Office comes on Mac... I'm baffled.

Well, the sad thing is that, even though its nowhere NEAR as bad as it used to be, Apple is still scaring away a lot of potential customers on price.

Folks still look at Mac prices and go, "Yup, I guess I'm stuck with Windows, so I better learn to live with it." And they do. \

• Reply 24 of 32
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider

Ultraportable Apple notebooks may further entice demand

Looking ahead to next year, Reitzes told clients that an Apple ultraportable device could further drive momentum towards the Mac platform. "As we have stated in previous reports, we believe Apple may be working on some kind of 'ultra- portable PC' or some devices that can bridge the gap between media playing, basic wireless computing needs and even some type of gaming," he wrote. "We would not be surprised to see new devices within the next year."

"We believe Apple could see much better growth and drive this category if it stripped down features, optimized the device for media playing and web surfing and used its engineering and scale to drive prices down toward the $500-$600 level," Reitzes explained. "At this price, one million units could equate to over $500 million in revenue and over $0.05 in earnings-per-share."

I'd buy it.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    apple should buy adobe
  • Reply 26 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

What did the twister say to the coconut tree? Hold onto your coconuts, this is no ordinary blowjob.

That was a good one! Would go very well here in Oklahoma. Twisters are Mother Natures calling card.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    First is was the Macintosh. Then the OS and followed by the iPod.

Next...the world.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by caribbean_mac

apple should buy adobe

Apple and Adobe would truly be an awesome combination. Unfortunately, Adobe's market cap is around $20 billion dollars these days. Probably too rich for Steve's blood. \

• Reply 29 of 32
    The only thing buzzing around this turd are flies.

http://www.microsoftshitbrick.com - that site says it best.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bgramer

The only thing buzzing around this turd are flies.

http://www.microsoftshitbrick.com - that site says it best.

Did you make that piece of kindergarten humor, or why do you keep linking to it?
  • Reply 31 of 32
  • Reply 32 of 32
    The inspiration for the Zune's design revealed at last:

Welcome to the social.