Chinas Military: Aerial Images of Secret Aircraft Carrier, Submarines & fighter jets

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Chinas Military: Google Earth Look at secret Aircraft Carrier, Submarines and fighter jets. Enjoy.

http://www.intrepidearth.com/tour/06...hp?loc=default

Comments

• Reply 1 of 71
    We may have a bigger problem...

Report: Chinese sub tailed U.S. ships

WASHINGTON, Nov. 13 (UPI) -- A Chinese submarine coming within firing range of U.S. ships before detection indicates China is preparing for conflict with the United States, a report said.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.ph...3-010013-1863r

By the way, where are the subs? All I see is that rusty aircraft carrier...
  • Reply 2 of 71
    I've been warning you people about China for years.

Moe
  • Reply 3 of 71
    click the link on the page that says "Parked Chinese Submarines" to see the subs, they are the black slug like looking things (this is how submarines look from satellite images).
  • Reply 4 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mortthewiz

click the link on the page that says "Parked Chinese Submarines" to see the subs, they are the black slug like looking things (this is how submarines look from satellite images).

Ah, thanks. My fault. I'm still getting used to links without underlines.

While I don't think China is muscling in on us, they do these things all the time just to remind us. Remind us that we aren't the only super power out there that is.
  • Reply 5 of 71
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    This carrier is not secret in any way. They bought it from Russia in the nineties with the agreement to never arm it for military use. Yeah, they could break this agreement, but it's not like they've made the thing from scratch in secret.

And fighter jets: oh no! An industrialized nation with fighter jets?
  • Reply 6 of 71
    spcmsspcms Posts: 407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by southside grabowski

I've been warning you people about China for years.

Moe

Can you remind me / expand a little on this? What is about China that we need being warned about?
  • Reply 7 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpcMs

Can you remind me / expand a little on this? What is about China that we need being warned about?

They have a military.

• Reply 8 of 71
    Who would buy all the products China produced if they blew us up?
  • Reply 9 of 71
    Our friends on the left complain about censorship in the US, and then they wonder why I am critical of China? Our friends on the left moan about "abuses" by Americans, and they question my concerns about China? My goodness! Perhaps the simplest reason is that they are communists.

Fellow Texan Todd Hill sheads a little light on the issue .

http://www.campusprogress.org/page/c.../ToddHill/C3ZR
  • Reply 10 of 71
    It gets even worse.

The US navy has confirmed reports of a close encounter between one of its battle groups and a Chinese submarine in the Pacific late last month.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6146520.stm
  • Reply 11 of 71
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Obviously, they're readying a full out attack.

Obviously.

southside, no offense intended in this question, I'm genuinely curious. What's your age?
  • Reply 12 of 71
    Quote:

It gets even worse.

The US navy has confirmed reports of a close encounter between one of its battle groups and a Chinese submarine in the Pacific late last month.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6146520.stm

Yeah, it was probably during one of the many joint exercises we do with their navy.
  • Reply 13 of 71
    No offense intended in this question, I'm genuinely curious.How can you be so naive about China? Perhaps you have been brainwashed by leftist educators?
  • Reply 14 of 71
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    And... the dodge! With a poor attempt at an insult! I can assume that that was aimed at me, and I'd like to know what I've ever posted that prompted that level of assumption on your part.

Now... seriously, what's your age? I can usually peg folks on here within a couple of years, but you, I've got no clue on. Simple curiosity, that's all. You know, you *could* just say "I'd rather not say" and that would be fine, but noooooo, you've got to act like a 14 year old. With an 80 year old's rigidness. See my quandry? Help me out here, or just answer honestly that you'd rather not say. It's not that hard. Really. Won't hurt a bit.
  • Reply 15 of 71
    1. Thanks for this. I've had a shit of a day and this is hella funny.

2. OMFG It's an aircraft carrier!! Cool... Except it's just docked there in plain sight of commercial satellites and there's no planes on it. That is, an aircraft carrier usually *carries aircrafts*

3. The "sercet fighter jets" is even funnier. I can only see like one or two planes on an otherwise deserted runway. The US AirForce has the most advanced and expensive aircraft fighter planes in the world. Unless the Chinese are secretly building an equivalent of a F-117 or F-22 like the "Buran" Russian Space Shuttle, I wouldn't be worried if I were American, or, a strong ally like Austrayyylieer. All we had to say is "OMFG they (bad people) are going to bomb Steve Irwin's home town!!!" and a squadron would be scrambled from a Japanese base or somethin'

4. Yes China is still mostly communist. They're trying to open up slowly to the world and avoid the Russian catastrophy. It is odd I admit that in 1990 they're "running people down with tanks" and just 10 years later we're doing business with them and what, at least 50% of the stuff we buy and use comes out of China.

5. My take: If I was American I'd get the hell out of Iraq and focus on defense (against the "bad people" not US citizens and residents themselves) and some sliver of diplomacy to deal with Iran, Iraq and North Korea. Either that or go full on and preemptive strike and liberate Iran and NorthKorea.

Inflammatory yes, don't take my remarks to seriously But seriously, OMFG China has like this one big empty Aircraft Carrier and an empty airbase with like two fighter jets!!! OMFG !!!! . I love the Indiana Jones theme of Intrepid Earth though. When the fracking hell are they gonna make the Indiana Jones 4 - Atlantis movie??? It would be set in Nazi times as well, but this time Harrison Ford can play Indiana Jones' father and Indiana Jones would be........ hmm.... who do you think? Matthew Fox of Lost? A bit older... umm... Steve Carrell???
  • Reply 16 of 71
    Submarines supposedly play cat and mouse on a fairly regular basis... my neighbor years back was a sonar operator on one and they had a lot of fun getting close to other countries' ships... when it is done to the US, though, it is seen as a threat. Typical.

If an American sub gets within 800 miles of anything, it can destroy it (Tomahawk Block E; other versions have even longer ranges). To avoid the situation alluded to in the new report, US subs would have to stay far away from everything.
  • Reply 17 of 71
    Ditto sunilraman. It has been a crappy three days for me and this was the comic releif at the end of the tunnel.

Secret means it would not be visible in broad daylight to a satelite that they know will fly overhead at such and such hour. That we can see it means they want us to see it. To say otherwise is fearmongering.

According to Global Security, the Chinese have been buying carriers for some time, including from ... yep, Australia. They are studying the ships carefully (quite possibly to learn their vulnerabilities) with the intent to build one at some point. Oh, British, French and Spanish companies have all offered to help restore the ships to operational status. To be honest, no one seems all that concernded, except about the money to be made.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...d/china/cv.htm

The US builds 13 or so of 'em, but that is to protect our democracy. That is good; God bless America. China wants to build one to protect her way of life. That is evil.

Right now most of the world is more afraid of the US than of China, anyway.
  • Reply 18 of 71
    Quote:

No offense intended in this question, I'm genuinely curious.How can you be so naive about China? Perhaps you have been brainwashed by leftist educators?

Are we at war with China? No.

Do we have sanctions against China? No.

Could we kick their asses in any sort of war, aircraft carrier or no? Yeah.
  • Reply 19 of 71
    Let’s move on from aircraft carriers. My concerns have nothing to do with them. My concerns are far more general. The Chinese government is not to be trusted. They brutalize their own people. They brutalize the Tibetans. They censor like hell. They extract organs from prisoners and sell them. The US plays nice with these brutal butchers for economic reasons. It will hurt us in the long run. Not the kind of folks to trust.
  • Reply 20 of 71
    The US kidnaps people of any nationality.

THe US detains people without charge.

The US brutalizes prisoners.

The US spies on its citizens.

The US suppresses documents that may hurt the current government.

The US invades sovereign nations on false pretenses.

Not the kind of folks to trust.

We need to clear things up at home before we start to worry about other countries.