Why iTV will HAVE to chage its name.... and ideas

Comments

• Reply 41 of 86
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    The name "Teleport" sounds cool, and fits the bill. So it would suit Apple 100%
  • Reply 42 of 86
    TvBox Pro
  • Reply 43 of 86
    Whatever name Apple comes out with, it had better stand up to the hype, we don't need another Nintendo happening on us...

So many people were disappointed when they heard that their precious Nintendo Revolution was now called the Nintendo Wii... I actually heard a lot of my friends say that they would not be buying the Wii just because of the name...

I'm just gunna sit here and cross my fingers and hope they do some long hard thinking...
  • Reply 44 of 86
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    AppleTV

iEntertainment ???
  • Reply 45 of 86
    mgkwhomgkwho Posts: 167member
    I think everyone is wrong on the inclusion of the 'i'. If you all remember, the iMac was the first product with "i" starting the name and it was used to acknowledge the internet and its focus of the internet.

Several accessory products have kept the "i" branding, and sure enough the iPod itself, but as far as future hardware goes I think Apple will go in a different direction.

I like the simple teleport idea. It's a nice clean word that makes obvious reference to "iTV's" capailities.

I'm not sure of a new name, but you can almost rest assured (in my opinion) that Apple or i_____ will not be a part of it.

-=|Mgkwho
  • Reply 46 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgkwho

I think everyone is wrong on the inclusion of the 'i'. If you all remember, the iMac was the first product with "i" starting the name and it was used to acknowledge the internet and its focus of the internet.

Several accessory products have kept the "i" branding, and sure enough the iPod itself, but as far as future hardware goes I think Apple will go in a different direction.

I like the simple teleport idea. It's a nice clean word that makes obvious reference to "iTV's" capailities.

I'm not sure of a new name, but you can almost rest assured (in my opinion) that Apple or i_____ will not be a part of it.

-=|Mgkwho

Agreed! "Teleport" sounds absolutely perfect! Says me.. and you.
  • Reply 47 of 86
    TelePort is pretty good... But then again, I'm still 90% against the whole "iTV" concept as a product.
  • Reply 48 of 86
    Apple TV1138 ??
  • Reply 49 of 86
    elronelron Posts: 126member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

TelePort is pretty good... But then again, I'm still 90% against the whole "iTV" concept as a product.

Any particular reason why?
  • Reply 50 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trendannoyer

Apple TV1138 ??

Nice...
  • Reply 51 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jackcheng

How about "Teleport"

After all, you're beaming stuff back and forth wirelessly to your television...

Time Machine, Teleport.... the future is now! Then all Apple has to do is come out with "Flying Car"

Me likey!
  • Reply 52 of 86
    hmmm

-xbox 361 (ala microsoft)

-NSVR-9000 netTV cybermovie fairplay AAC (ala sony)

-macTV

-mac nano

-macstation 4 :P
  • Reply 53 of 86
    FrontRow Express
  • Reply 54 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

Asteroid

heh heh touché.
  • Reply 55 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rageous

Spaceport Extreme mini

best name so far, and there will be a U2 version just because.
  • Reply 56 of 86
    I have it: Apple 361DT M34 5i

Seriously though why do companies do this to their products?
  • Reply 57 of 86
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    Quote:

iVision

iTube

These two are the most likely i've seen so far. Anything with -Pod is out, since it has no built-in iPod integration.
  • Reply 58 of 86
    SteveV
  • Reply 59 of 86
    How about the "iSee"?
  • Reply 60 of 86
    My choices:

- Macstream

- iStream

They probably won't use the mac name because the device isn't a computer.