Printer printing purple instead of blue HELP!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I need help from geniuses. I finally got a better picture from my new printer, but when I went to print a pamplet that had several colors, one of them being bright blue. When I printed it, it printed the blue as purple. Is there a setting I need to change that hp didn't tell me about? Please help me. I would really appreciate the help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    What kind of printer? Some cheap inkjets have trouble printing CMYK files, indeed making blue look purplish when given CMYK data. Try RGB.

And, is this on a mac? See if you can dig up a colorsync profile for the printer. Also, go ahead and do the best you can to color calibrate your screen using the built-in utility. If it's on Windows, you're just going to have to accept that there is no color calibration.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    The printer is a brand new hewlett packard 3800dn which is a color laser. I am using a Mac Power Book G4 with it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel

What kind of printer? Some cheap inkjets have trouble printing CMYK files, indeed making blue look purplish when given CMYK data. Try RGB.

And, is this on a mac? See if you can dig up a colorsync profile for the printer. Also, go ahead and do the best you can to color calibrate your screen using the built-in utility. If it's on Windows, you're just going to have to accept that there is no color calibration.

• Reply 3 of 3
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I've had problems with corrupt color profiles before. There is a good chance the screen is calibrated correctly and the printer profile is screwed. You could try to reinstall them or download the latest ones for your printer. Also, double check you are using the right profile. that gets messed up a lot.