CNN Reviews Zune, but becomes iPod advertisement.

Comments

• Reply 21 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

FTW? What is this now... "fare thee well"? Oh, wait... "for the win"?

FTW indeed means "for the win"

Like I said im not usually one to say that. I hate acronyms (sp?) I cant even spell it.
  • Reply 22 of 53
    Wecome to the social.
  • Reply 23 of 53
    they all have valid points, and the zune's wireless feature is lame. but the ipod is a media darling. you just can't compete with that.

the ipod is the honor roll student, the team's qb, the sexiest cheerbabe. zune is the unpopular foreign guy that just transfered to school.

i want to see what apple comes up with in january. it will make the zune look worse. and dont get me wrong, i really like the zune. i can see the effort ms is putting in this.. and i applaud them for taking on such huge challenge... and in time, i think ms will keep adding good stuff and make it a worthy contender, and that is great news, mainly because it will prevent apple from sitting on their asses.
  • Reply 24 of 53
    I don't think Apple believes they can afford to sit on their arses, even if MS didn't take on the iPod. They have been constantly refining/updating the iPod since day 1.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut

they all have valid points, and the zune's wireless feature is lame. but the ipod is a media darling. you just can't compete with that.

the ipod is the honor roll student, the team's qb, the sexiest cheerbabe. zune is the unpopular foreign guy that just transfered to school.

i want to see what apple comes up with in january. it will make the zune look worse. and dont get me wrong, i really like the zune. i can see the effort ms is putting in this.. and i applaud them for taking on such huge challenge... and in time, i think ms will keep adding good stuff and make it a worthy contender, and that is great news, mainly because it will prevent apple from sitting on their asses.

• Reply 25 of 53
    Quote:

Wecome to the social.

I know, what the hell does that mean? How can a company so consistently screw up their ads and marketing campaigns?
  • Reply 26 of 53
    I love teh M$

I loved the apple shuffle show-off too, that was hilarious!
  • Reply 27 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s.metcalf

I don't think Apple believes they can afford to sit on their arses, even if MS didn't take on the iPod. They have been constantly refining/updating the iPod since day 1.

i think they're taking too long with their refining/updating cycles. i was a bit dissapointed with the new "features" of the 2nd gen nano and the 5.5gen hd ipod. they should milk their products as much as they can, but hopefully if zune becomes a good alternative it will make them speed up that cycle and we can get better and better features in shorter times.
  • Reply 28 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut

i think they're taking too long with their refining/updating cycles. i was a bit dissapointed with the new "features" of the 2nd gen nano and the 5.5gen hd ipod. they should milk their products as much as they can, but hopefully if zune becomes a good alternative it will make them speed up that cycle and we can get better and better features in shorter times.

to be fair there isnt realy much they can do with the nano.
  • Reply 29 of 53
    <Fixed the thread title.>
  • Reply 30 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blue2kdave

I know, what the hell does that mean? How can a company so consistently screw up their ads and marketing campaigns?

social is a fancy word for party.

ironically when I was doing a paper I had to use another word for party and that was the first word in the thesaurus for party.

I think "Welcome to the Party" would of been much better.
  • Reply 31 of 53
  • Reply 32 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/wee...948246,00.html

Another Zune bash iPod ad.

My favorite was the ending...

Quote:

Of course, Windows 1.0 was pretty rubbish too. By 2010, maybe Zune 3.1 will be worthwhile. By which time iPods will probably fly.

• Reply 33 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/wee...948246,00.html

Another Zune bash iPod ad.

dear dear, both articles were just as bad as each other. blimey, this is hilarious!!!
  • Reply 34 of 53
    It really is amazing---I mean you have this enormous company Microsoft, with this enormous amount of cash, and they continue to produce clunkers like Zune (Even the name is ridiculous). Then again, they have always been copiers, not innovators so I guess this is about par for the course.
  • Reply 35 of 53
    I just heard Ballmer threw a chair through his window then jumped out after it. What a Looney Zune!
  • Reply 36 of 53
    Quote:

I just heard Ballmer threw a chair through his window then jumped out after it. What a Looney Zune!

dude... not funny.

bashing a product or company. perfectly ok ( and hilarious )

wishing harm and or imminent death on another person. not cool.

even ballmer doesn't deserve that...
  • Reply 37 of 53
    All i know is that competition would make apple give us more goodies sooner than later just a few to kill of MS Fm radio with XM and wi fi with a real WI FI
  • Reply 38 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Woody56292

dude... not funny.

bashing a product or company. perfectly ok ( and hilarious )

wishing harm and or imminent death on another person. not cool.

even ballmer doesn't deserve that...

Calm down "Woody". Go back to chiding people elsewhere. This is the Internets.
  • Reply 39 of 53
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 40 of 53
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Quote:

Calm down "Woody". Go back to chiding people elsewhere. This is the Internets.

Remember, Ballmer may be an obnoxious lout to us, but to Woody, he's still "Dad".