Apple delays shipments of new 17-inch MacBook Pros

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    __mo__mo Posts: 32member
    oh ho mine was shipped today too
  • Reply 22 of 33
    Last week when I was due to see my 17" ship, I was bumped into this week for it to ship.

14th they said with 23rd/24th Nov estimated delivery...NOW today I learn that they have skimmed another couple of days onto it. Its now not due to officially ship until the 16th. I don't think they have a clue what's happening.

This is my first personal purchase of an Apple Mac and I am not very happy with this carry-on. If the eventual product is perfect only then will I be satisfied with the mucking about. Ironically the e-mail said "thank you for your patience", standard corporate apology talk but they have no idea how impatient I am.

TS
  • Reply 23 of 33
    bodebode Posts: 29member
    Anyone have a clue when the new MBP 17 will be available in the stores? I'm calling an Apple Store here in Houston almost everyday but they always don't know crap! Since some of you have reported 17 shipping today.. I hope the store get them soon...
  • Reply 24 of 33
    No idea, bode.

I signed up on the "notify" list for when Willow Bend (Dallas) will get their's in. Still no word. /cry.

I got a "Upgrade for $250!" card, seeing that this one was released less than two weeks after I bought mine, so I'm just waitin... waitin... ;[
  • Reply 25 of 33
    bodebode Posts: 29member
    This wait is driving me crazy. I have to fly back to Brazil next week... I was hoping I could buy the 17 before that... but I'm not sure anymore... I'll keep calling the store and I'll post a note here once I get a positive answer...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by adjective

No idea, bode.

I signed up on the "notify" list for when Willow Bend (Dallas) will get their's in. Still no word. /cry.

I got a "Upgrade for $250!" card, seeing that this one was released less than two weeks after I bought mine, so I'm just waitin... waitin... ;[

• Reply 26 of 33
    Mine is supposed to be here on no later than the 20th but I'm holding my breath on that date!
  • Reply 27 of 33
    Quote:

No idea, bode.

I bought a MBP 17" on Oct 18 from the Willow Bend store, as well. A few days later, when I read that the same exact model as mine would now be sold with significantly upgraded processors, memory and HD's for the SAME price, I went back to the store to ask about an exchange policy. I was added to this so-called 'priority notification' list and told that the normal 2-week refund policy would be extended to one month for anyone on the list. I was also told that being on this list insured that I would be called first, when the new units were available. It's now 10:50pm on Nov. 15, almost a month later, and I have yet to receive a single email, phone call or post card with an update. I know that Apple has discontinued selling the model I purchased (for integrity, you know) and most likely is now selling them on their refurbished site at a discount. Awesome - in less than one week my brand new, top-of-the-line Mac is already becoming obsolete.

Mr. Jobs, your obsession with secrecy is bordering on paranoia and is not a recommended policy, if you ever plan on growing your market share beyond 10%.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iconstream studio

Mr. Jobs, your obsession with secrecy is bordering on paranoia and is not a recommended policy, if you ever plan on growing your market share beyond 10%.

I don't think Mr. Jobs reads this site. I really don't think the secrecy has hurt the company though.

Regarding the rest of your post, I've never heard of a priority notification list. I wonder if the Apple employee lied to you to prevent you from returning the computer.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iconstream studio

I bought a MBP 17" on Oct 18 from the Willow Bend store, as well. A few days later, when I read that the same exact model as mine would now be sold with significantly upgraded processors, memory and HD's for the SAME price, I went back to the store to ask about an exchange policy. I was added to this so-called 'priority notification' list and told that the normal 2-week refund policy would be extended to one month for anyone on the list. I was also told that being on this list insured that I would be called first, when the new units were available. It's now 10:50pm on Nov. 15, almost a month later, and I have yet to receive a single email, phone call or post card with an update. I know that Apple has discontinued selling the model I purchased (for integrity, you know) and most likely is now selling them on their refurbished site at a discount. Awesome - in less than one week my brand new, top-of-the-line Mac is already becoming obsolete.

I'm on the list as well-- but the thing is I also got in writing from one of the managers that they'd replace mine for the 10% restocking fee once they got them in. Not too bothered, really. It was one of the only reasons holding me back "what if they release something newer and better right after I buy!" (and of course they did!)

But after working with Technology in retail for so long, you can't really know when anything new is going to come out. Cept for cars. :/

But yeah, I'm also on the waiting list too. I want to go up there and ask them if they've heard anything, but that might be a waste of gas (I live about 25 miles away from there... not too far, but it puts in it's dent.) Apple never communicated with my BBY, and they don't communicate with their stores, either. It's rather sad-- for such great computers you'd think they'd talk a bit more.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM

I don't think Mr. Jobs reads this site. I really don't think the secrecy has hurt the company though.

Regarding the rest of your post, I've never heard of a priority notification list. I wonder if the Apple employee lied to you to prevent you from returning the computer.

It's somewhere online. Pick the model you're waiting for, give some basic info-- phone, e-mail, name. Etcetc.

Afterwards said "we'll notify you when your MacBook Pro Core2Duo matte finish comes in."

I can only hope I'm not being SCAMMED by Apple.. that would put a BIG damper on my liking of them right now.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    Quote:

It's somewhere online. Pick the model you're waiting for, give some basic info-- phone, e-mail, name. Etcetc.

Afterwards said "we'll notify you when your MacBook Pro Core2Duo matte finish comes in."

I can only hope I'm not being SCAMMED by Apple.. that would put a BIG damper on my liking of them right now.

Where online? I looked for this but could never find it!!!
  • Reply 32 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bode

Where online? I looked for this but could never find it!!!

No idea, the guy, Chris-- so many of em, just typed in something and told me to put in my info and submit it... ;[ I didn't really think of looking to the url bar.
  • Reply 33 of 33
    I was notified of the Delay the day after my Mac Pro was suposed to ship, real bummer, I have my copy Final cut, my adobe software, my printer, and clients waiting on this shipment but no Mac, and apple is saying that with my expidited shipping it will be here by the third! well that helps, 36 days after it was ordered, I would be fine with it if they would just give me a reason for the delay.