Help! Thread Overload!!

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Apple iPhone OMFG! Apple-AMD laptops! Apple "no-touch" / "touch-me" interface! 15 million iPODS!!!

This weekend it's gonna be reeeaaaaal easy to hit 6,000 posts. Booo YEAHHH.... *sigh* must control manic feelings when posting though.....

Well, no need for the weekend papers, lots of Apple-esque stuff to go through.

And what's that you say, AAPL trading at about an ALL TIME HIGH?!!!! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    Simma down now, Simma down...
  • Reply 2 of 23
    Actually I realised how dumb it is starting a thread about too many threads, hence adding to the number of threads I have to reply on when people insult or okay, gently correct me.......
  • Reply 3 of 23
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    Don't worry, I reported you for your blatant mac fanboism....

No, I really did.

=)
  • Reply 4 of 23
    Reported me to WHO ???
  • Reply 5 of 23
    macrrmacrr Posts: 488member
    to ballmer silly. prepare to get squirted.... :O
  • Reply 6 of 23
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I'm going to squirt a temporary revokation of posting priveledges over to sunil.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

I'm going to squirt a temporary revokation of posting priveledges over to sunil.

Heh. Bite me. You don't want to know what I'm squirting back to you...
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRR

to ballmer silly. prepare to get squirted.... :O

For the love of god nooooooo!!!!
  • Reply 9 of 23
    Omega: This is off topic, but I couldn't help but notice your signature. A NIN fan, are we.. me too!

Well, among all this Apple zealotry, it seems I'm one of few fan-girls here..
  • Reply 10 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac_Doll

Well, among all this Apple zealotry, it seems I'm one of few fan-girls here..

Fan girls are very welcome! Too much gender bias on these here forums ...But if that's the way the dice rolls, so be it. Certain things I enjoy are very "male" though not necessarily "macho"...
  • Reply 11 of 23
    Gender bias.. yep.. I'd say so too. But hey, that makes me feel special; I stand out among all you males.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    Boy. Apple at $90 and this iPhone frenzy... Phew. I gotta just take it one step at a time. In other news, great excuses for getting past the 7,000 1337 haXX0r mark. WTF.

PS> Mac Doll, how do we recruit more women to these AppleInsider forums? I always try to talk about my feelings about stuff instead of just plain dissecting every bit of information. Is that a good start?
  • Reply 13 of 23
    Honestly, Sunil, I wouldn't change this board at all. I know there are other ladies out there like myself that can truly appreciate logic and computing. Perhaps if we just made ourselves more visible to the Mac community, by joining the Apple user group list or something. All in due time.

Yes, I am happy for AAPL. I think things will only get hotter during this holiday season.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    You know sunilraman, I don't really think that 7000 posts is a significant number. It's kind of like turning twenty while living in the United States. You're old enough to sleep around, but not quite old enough to drink so it doesn't really matter. I'll be impressed when you hit 10,000 posts. Now that is a significant number.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous

You know sunilraman, I don't really think that 7000 posts is a significant number. It's kind of like turning twenty while living in the United States. You're old enough to sleep around, but not quite old enough to drink so it doesn't really matter. I'll be impressed when you hit 10,000 posts. Now that is a significant number.

Please...Being 20 was great. There's nothing better than the rush of having that fake ID work at a club or bar. After you turn 21, the nostalgia of drinking is gone.
    Quote:

You know, food has lost it's taste. Colors, you know, they seem dull. Things that used to matter, I don't know, they just no longer do.

All which what happens when one turns 21...
  • Reply 16 of 23
    Ok, maybe I should have used 17. Old enough to drive but to young to get into bars on a fake ID. Is that better?
  • Reply 17 of 23
    Yes, considering I never used the fake ID to buy cigarettes. I did still buy alcohol however. Much harder to do at 17 than 20. You gotta make sure that suckers' a good one.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    Heh. You can buy cigarettes and alcohol when you're 18 in Australia. ...When I was at uni/college (19/20 years old) I used to go to a friend's place in the suburbs where they'd have parties and the kids in the neighbourhood would turn up and all get drunk, girls and guys as young as 14 would be drinking and passing out in the backyard.

Edit: as much as we "older folk" might be a bit concerned about the exhibitionist mobile phone video/ youtube/ myspace generation, it's done in a voyeuristic way. Compared to teenagers all drunk and passed out in somebody else's back yard, exposed to all sorts of alcohol and drugs and overall dodginess...............
  • Reply 19 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous

Ah, yes, I know, with age we mellow, I'm 28 now so other things have changed over the years. I had a frisky 2001-2003 so that was pretty alright, and as mentioned before 17+ I was able to drink already. Final year of high school went to a few house parties, pretty wild, I used to be a good kid ...but I didn't let loose until 1998 or so........ I remember getting my driving license though, that was so awesome - all in one go, first test, passed!!! w000t!

At this age, all I ask for (if I could drink if the medication was stopped) is a good solid cosmopolitan, some boutique/ high-end vodka on-the-rocks or with a dash of Sprite, and a nice bottle of ice-chilled Jaegermeister. I'd stay off the ecstasy and spliffs, too intense for me now. Kinda been-there-done-that, and 'shrooms and acid would *not* be a good idea. Nitrous and amylnitrate, a bit too short-lived the effect unless you do lots of it. Coke, don't see the real kick to it, never tried heroin or special-k, scary stuff... Speed and similar amphetamines like pseudoephedrine (sudafed) actually makes me really chilled and sleepy. So I'd pop several sudafed if I want to be dazed out. Of course with the bipolar and psych meds my whole brain chemistry is altered now so yeah, the drugs and alcohol, we'll see ... I experimented enough, I guess. \

My friends in Sydney talked about trance parties they went to when they were 15-17 or so, this was back in '96 where raves and stuff was more like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabber (not the poppy mid-90s "dance tracks" like M-People [which I liked anyway]) and the birth of ecstasy into mainstream recreational drug use. Personally I didn't try pot until 19 or so and ecstasy until 25 or so...

7,000 posts is just a number there that will put me at the top ranks of the Members' list... If you sort by posts you'll see 7,000 as a good benchmark.

Honestly, the post count is nice, but that has mainly just evolved because the past 2 years, AppleInsider has become my first port of call for all things Web. I don't read other sites much or watch youTube or stuff. Other web stuff is just Gmail and B1tto3N7 for the latest us tv shows. When I had my AMD64 rig tomshardware.com was pretty good, but without parts to tinker with at the moment and Core2 out there killin' I just follow the PC world lightly actually also via AppleInsider...

And the AppleInsider luuuv, sensitivity, or lack thereof, and intellectual stimulus, and keeping PC/Mac fanboyness in check, and the community, keeps me coming back..... *sniff* I love you guys man.... (and a few gals) *sniff* *sniff* except when you PISS ME OFF !!!! mua hah hah ha h ahaahah h
  • Reply 20 of 23
    There's no way I can catch up to Melgross now, so he'll hit 10,000 posts first. 10,000 posts is a ridiculously high number. Heh. I'll be hella impressed when Mel hits even 8,000 posts.

Also, really, I "drop out" of certain threads now and then because it gets too involved and I need to save energy for "the real world" stuff...