Apple ships some 17-inch Core 2 Duo MacBook Pros

Comments

• Reply 21 of 57
    bodebode Posts: 29member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by janmci

I just got a shipping notice for mine too! It will arrive next Monday. I was beginning to think it would never arrive

Which store they said it'll arrive next monday? Cause I've been calling too and they don't seem to know when exactly it'll arrive...
  • Reply 22 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bode

Which store they said it'll arrive next monday? Cause I've been calling too and they don't seem to know when exactly it'll arrive...

I ordered on the web (Hong Kong Apple Store)
  • Reply 23 of 57
    Due in my little hot hands tomorrow in the early afternoon!!!!
  • Reply 24 of 57
    Should have mine in UK by Monday
  • Reply 25 of 57
    Mine should be here Monday as well, it's sitting in Indy right now
  • Reply 26 of 57
    It's getting better and better, if you go to the Apple Store, the shipping time is now 3-5 business days. It was at 5-7 business days yesterday and of course, the dreaded 7-10 business days about a week ago. Just lets us know that they are starting to ship them also as fast as the 15" MBP. I'm really hoping that I can get one today from the Apple Store, if not then Monday....
  • Reply 27 of 57
    I was having some fun reading how people are lining up to buy a PS3 and doing all kind of crazy stuff... some people even got shot... others got injuried and went to the hospital... they do all kind of crazy stuff...

but then I thought... well... I guess a lot of people here would line up too to get a new 17 MPB... if that was the case

I know I wouldn't... but anyway...
  • Reply 28 of 57
    Posting with my 17" mb c2d glossy. Absolutely love it. Can't wait to get to work on it and put it to the test. The screen size is so amazing compared to a 12" pb g4
  • Reply 29 of 57
    glossy screen, 7200 rpm drive shipped last night to Vancouver, BC, Canada
  • Reply 30 of 57
    It's here and I'm working from it right now. Nice !!!! Not hot so far. Ambient 30.0C Cpu 43.0 C
  • Reply 31 of 57
    How is the backlighting on the 17" monitor, the other thread above has me scared \
  • Reply 32 of 57
    Futher report -17" 2.33, 2 gigs ram sweet- this thing has been flawless up to this point. Heat has not been a problem. The highest heat so far under intensive CPU effort has been 37C. Man I'm stoked!
  • Reply 33 of 57
    Mine should be in hopefully this week. I hope it won't have any of those screen problems others mentionned. It's good news that they aren't as hot as the Core Duo macbook pros. I can't wait to get my hands on it.
  • Reply 34 of 57
    Anyone had any luck getting the 17 from a local store? I've searched here in Houston and no luck so far...
  • Reply 35 of 57
    I've called the Apple Store in San Antonio and in Austin and still nothing. I had to take back and return my 15" C2D MBP... But, the good news is that I will be getting a 17" soon. I think with the recent update (3-5 business days to ship) the Apple retail stores should be getting them this week. Hopefully I can pick one up on Tuesday or Wednesday, if not I'll just order online. Don't quote me though.
  • Reply 36 of 57
    i'm posting this from my 17 that i just bought from a local store here in houston... the guy said i was the very first to one to buy it from that store

man... this is the coolest thing i've ever seen.... i'm amazed... too bad i have to get back to work... i can't wait to play around with it tonight....

bye bye old PC... so long

i will not miss you... haahahahahahah
  • Reply 37 of 57
    Man, I just called the Apple Store in La Cantera (San Antonio) and no new MBP 17"... I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow, hopefully I will get my refund by then. If they don't have them in stock tomorrow, I won't sweat it, but if they don't have them in by tomorrow, I doubt they will have them before Thursday (which they are closed on Thursday). I will just have to order it online then and wait the 3-5 business days. That stinks, at least you are enjoying your 17" MBP. Did you get a glossy or just matte?
  • Reply 38 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NarutoSasuke

Man, I just called the Apple Store in La Cantera (San Antonio) and no new MBP 17"... I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow, hopefully I will get my refund by then. If they don't have them in stock tomorrow, I won't sweat it, but if they don't have them in by tomorrow, I doubt they will have them before Thursday (which they are closed on Thursday). I will just have to order it online then and wait the 3-5 business days. That stinks, at least you are enjoying your 17" MBP. Did you get a glossy or just matte?

I got matte... I read several reviews saying glossy wasn't good at all... and after taking a look in the store I agreed... I already have a glossy sony LCD for my desktop... and it really sucks when there's light coming from behind... since my laptop goes up and down along with me no way I wanted that to happen...

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get it this week... it's just a matter of time.. my advice is go to the store... and convince a sales guy to send you an email when it arrives (that's what I got).... of course, look for the nice guy... (usually the geek one )
  • Reply 39 of 57
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bode

I got matte... I read several reviews saying glossy wasn't good at all... and after taking a look in the store I agreed... I already have a glossy sony LCD for my desktop... and it really sucks when there's light coming from behind... since my laptop goes up and down along with me no way I wanted that to happen...

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get it this week... it's just a matter of time.. my advice is go to the store... and convince a sales guy to send you an email when it arrives (that's what I got).... of course, look for the nice guy... (usually the geek one )

Normally, I would only recommend matte. But I read an article, or review, that said that the Mac Books glossy screen wasn't as glossy as PC screens, and that it looked very good, with richer colors and sharper edges, while not being too subject to reflections, under most conditions.
  • Reply 40 of 57
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Also, there is this sweepstakes from PC Magazine. They are giving away an Apple MacBook Pro 17".

I don't know offhand whether it is a Duo 2 model or not, but hey, if you win, it's free!

I entered, it's easy, and you DON'T have to subscribe.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2058806,00.asp