Anyone see the Zune TV ads?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Caught 2 tonight, I can't believe how lame they are. These things are supposed to make Zune look cool?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Here's a good Zune ad from my thread above, well now it's below, you know what I mean.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    i watched the ads online. i like them.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Meh, they're alright. But I find one thing interesting. All of these "Welcome to the Social" ads all show lots of hip young guys and gals together at some place like a concert or a park and they are all sitting around listening to their own music together. Every now and then you see a shot of someone squirtin' a song to another, but for the most part, these scenes are of places where you would want to, oh, I don't know...be social, not holed up in your own world listening to an mp3 player.

But the iPod ads (at least the older ones), show the same young hip guys and gals (mostly in silhouette), dancing by themselves, having a blast.

So is using an mp3 player a social thing or a personal thing. For me, if I'm out with friends, being hip an all ( ) and one of them pulled out an iPod and started listening to it, I'd be like, "Dude, how rude. Are we boring you?"
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis

I watched them on Zune.net

They all suck

Where on Zune.net are the ads? I looked for them but couldn't find them. Do I need IE to find/view them?
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by troberts

Where on Zune.net are the ads? I looked for them but couldn't find them. Do I need IE to find/view them?

Zune commercials
  • Reply 7 of 11
    wtf "and nobody cares what drugs you're on" (2nd to last...advertisement...)

how is that legit? how does that even appeal to the masses?

wtf

wtf

wtf

-=|Mgkwho
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Those ads were pretty spastic. Well, no... very spastic. The ONLY one I remotely liked was the snow boarding one.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    good dog almighty!

no-body cares what drugs your on..

the woman in that offered the DOG her earphone... like steve said people do! (except i dont think he ment dogs ) but if its a zune... why didnt she squirt it?

you know, i thought, just POSSIBLY m$ could make it happen... eat a little ipod space, but seriously in the same way as i try VERY hard not to be a rabid mac fan, im trying not to be rabidly anti m$... and i STILL think that sucks a big one.

plus the player is sh1T looking
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trendannoyer

good dog almighty!

no-body cares what drugs your on..

the woman in that offered the DOG her earphone... like steve said people do! (except i dont think he ment dogs ) but if its a zune... why didnt she squirt it?

you know, i thought, just POSSIBLY m$ could make it happen... eat a little ipod space, but seriously in the same way as i try VERY hard not to be a rabid mac fan, im trying not to be rabidly anti m$... and i STILL think that sucks a big one.

plus the player is sh1T looking

Actually, the player looks quite attractive. It is quite a bit clunky, but Microsoft on the whole did an excellent job with making it not look like absolute shit. But regardless, their marketing sucks, it is missing a lot of features, is very buggy from what I've heard, and the whole squirting thing is somewhat of a novelty: ridiculous, useless, slow, and a battery waster. In addition, it's incompatibility with any DRM except it's own new proprietary one is also bad... It means that they can't get as many switchers from iPod as they would otherwise, and even people who bought music in Napster, MSN Music Store can't buy the Zune and use their music. In addition, their whole points/buy points in bulk shit is terrible.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne

Meh, they're alright. But I find one thing interesting. All of these "Welcome to the Social" ads all show lots of hip young guys and gals together at some place like a concert or a park and they are all sitting around listening to their own music together. Every now and then you see a shot of someone squirtin' a song to another, but for the most part, these scenes are of places where you would want to, oh, I don't know...be social, not holed up in your own world listening to an mp3 player.

But the iPod ads (at least the older ones), show the same young hip guys and gals (mostly in silhouette), dancing by themselves, having a blast.

So is using an mp3 player a social thing or a personal thing. For me, if I'm out with friends, being hip an all ( ) and one of them pulled out an iPod and started listening to it, I'd be like, "Dude, how rude. Are we boring you?"

yep that is true. taking an ipod or zune to a concert is called being a dork.

taking a zune or ipod with radio to a football game might not be that bad, as you could tune to the radio commentators.