Perennial coffee thread: how do you take it?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 56
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    LOL

6'3", 180lb, don't work out, don't exercise, eat like a horse. 32" waist. Which, admittedly, is up from my trim size of 28"...
  • Reply 42 of 56
    Guinness is a low calorie beer. Irish Cream is not, however.

Maybe all that coffee you drink keeps the metabolism on turbo. Personally, I'm pretty thin too, but I think it's mostly because I'm a bachelor who is too lazy to cook.
  • Reply 43 of 56
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha

You forgot the Jameson.

Besides - you get *two* carbombs from a pint? Meh - I prefer a shot of Bailey's, a shot of Jameson, and a full pint. Drop, chug, done.

That's a little hardcore for my taste but I'd probably love it just the same.
  • Reply 44 of 56
    Just give me Jameson 12 year old either neat or over ice.
  • Reply 45 of 56
    Naw, if you're going to go whiskey, go all the way, and settle for nothing less than at least an 18yr The Macallan. (Although their Cask Strength is damned nice, with an extra kick.)

Coffee. Right, coffee. Um... been having it black and sweet recently, and when I get down to the S American coffee house in town, with anise and cinnamon.
  • Reply 46 of 56
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I've been drinking the Folgers Gourmet Supreme. You pay 7 bucks for a big tub and get like 200 servings. Can't beat that.
  • Reply 47 of 56
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ

I've been drinking the Folgers Gourmet Supreme. You pay 7 bucks for a big tub and get like 200 servings. Can't beat that.

Folgers is my favorite of the inexpensive coffee brands also. Taster's Choice is aweful and very bitter, Folgers seems to avoid being bitter,
  • Reply 48 of 56
    I we want to turn this into a general culinary thread, I have no problem with that. I've always been a little bit annoyed by the "stick to the topic" nazis, particularly in AO.
  • Reply 49 of 56
    I've always had the mentality, go wherever the wind takes you...

P.S. I want some evidence on the Guiness being a low calorie beer...
  • Reply 50 of 56
    Here's a FAQ: http://webpages.marshall.edu/~bennet...ss/guinqna.htm

210kcal/pint

Here's a nice comparison chart across brands, standardized at 12oz servings: http://www.realbeer.com/edu/health/calories.php

Amstel Light and Bud Lite are both 95kcal vs. Guinness' 125kcal. Anchor Steam Porter? 205kcal! Heineken? 166.

Definitely on the low end of calorie content for a dark.

Cripes: Michelob Light is 134kcal. Yup, more than a Guinness.

I <3 Guinness.
  • Reply 51 of 56
    When it comes to mainstream beers, I usually reach for Becks -- which I find now is less intense than I thought: only 143kcals despite the 5%+ alcohol load.
  • Reply 52 of 56
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel

What kind of machine is that, Cake? My Dad inherited a big, red, Italian espresso machine a few years ago. It has a ridiculously large pump which allows you to pack in the grinds until they are as dense as lead. Makes four cups at a time.

I am looking forward to going back for Thanksgiving!

It's a candy apple red Starbucks Barista. Fantastic machine and can be had much cheaper via eBay.

• Reply 53 of 56
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha

I <3 Guinness.

One of the finest substances on this planet.
  • Reply 54 of 56
    I love coffee and drink lots of it regardless of the shakes and other adverse side effects it sometimes has. Lots of sugar and lots of cream (not creamer, but cream) is how I take it. I also perfer freshly ground beans when available.