MacWorld 2007 Keynote question

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The 2007 MacWorld will be my first (got my employer/college to pay my way), how early should I expect to be in line for a decent seat for Jobs' show?

Just wondering....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmorales

The 2007 MacWorld will be my first (got my employer/college to pay my way), how early should I expect to be in line for a decent seat for Jobs' show?

Just wondering....

Your a LMF. Lucky-Motha-Fucker

Never been to MWSF, only dream of that, so I can't help you out there.

Enjoy tho!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmorales

Just wondering....

I'd start queuing now
  • Reply 3 of 7
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    At WWDC, I started queuing about 3 hours before the keynote. But that's different I guess... there, pretty much everyone is guaranteed a seat, and queuing early was just to get a good seat.

Queuing for WWDC keynote:

• Reply 4 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Good seat? near front?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I have been going to MWs for many years in NY, Boston and SF. And I will be at 2007 show.

A few years ago IDG started giving priority seating to SuperPass and Platinum Pass so if you have one of these you can sleep in (relative to the other badge holders)

We try to be in line by 7am for the 9am Keynote (all of my gang carries the SuperPass) You will definitely get a seat, how good is a matter of opinion. Front most seats are for true VIPs, celebs and Apple staff, Priority seating will fill in behind them, then behind that is the masses of other badge holders lucky enough to get in.

Before we had the priority seating it was nothing to get in line at 4am or earlier.

When we queue up in the priority line at 7am (usually in the opposite side of the Moscone center from the general admission line) the other line is wrapped up through the 2 floors of Moscone and around the block.

So Super or Platinum Pass - 7am

Anything below Super I suggest 4-5am to guarantee a seat. This is the most loyal of the loyal Mac herds and everyone else will be there early, you should too.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    How does one go about getting tickets to these events? Even to just get in the door, no special seats. And how much do they run usually?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    You can't buy a ticket just to the Keynote. You need to buy a conference pass from http://macworldexpo.com/live/20/register and that will include a chance to see the keynote. Lowest cost is User pass and that will run $215(early)-$315

You can just purchase a show floor only (Exhibit Hall) pass for $25-45. That gives you a chance to visit all the vendor booths and get a large part of the MW experience but no conference classes and no keynote. Some vendor have even give free hall passes on their websites in the past.

IDG used to give Super and Platinum pass holders a free Exhibit Hall pass in their package. For a spouse or coworker I suppose. I always gave mine away to the first young kid waiting in line to buy a hall pass at the show. Best way to continue the legions into the future. I think now you get a discounted hall pass ticket with your Super pass, I still give that away.

So go to the Moscone and see if you can score a 'miracle' Hall pass from some nice Super pass holder.