iSight Videos

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just got a new Macbook Pro, and I wanted to create some movies with the build-in iSight.

Is this possible? does anyone know a good way or program to use?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Comic Book or iMovie! If you want to use Quicktime, you'll need Quicktime Pro $30. Just type iMovie in the Spotlight menu up on the top right of your screen, or use Quicksilver like me. Then Choose "create new project" and if you want choose iSight from the video format drop down menu, then click this icon and choose iSight.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    aiolosaiolos Posts: 228member
    thanks!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Ur Velcum!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    bodebode Posts: 29member
    Hi. I just bought a new 17 MacBook Pro with C2D processor. I tried using iMovie to capture a video from iSight... but the application does not recognize the camera... it's very weird... I tried to use the "Create Magic Movie" (or something like that)... then during the "capture video" step it says it could not find my camera... BUT... before it says that, it's actually opening a screen that shows the current video from the camera... looks like a software bug to me... cause I know that since the camera it's being used (by iMovie itself) iMovie won't be able to use it as a device... giving the mentioned error...

has anyone else had a similar problem?

is there a work around?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Well.... I was able to make it work... but not using the Create Magic Stuff... that was weird though.... anyway... rookie mistake I guess...
  • Reply 6 of 6