Anyone received their C2D MacBook yet?

mbpmbp
Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I bought a B-E-A-U-tiful new white MacBook with the Core 2 Duo and am about DYING waiting for it.... with Thanksgiving and all, it might not come until the 27th... but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 48
    To anyone who has one... are they really noticeable faster than the old ones?
  • Reply 2 of 48
    Nope, I'm receiving it on the 23rd according to Apple.
  • Reply 3 of 48
    Mine's estimated to arrive on Nov 20. Currently sitting at Pudong International Airport.
  • Reply 4 of 48
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Mine should be waiting for me this weekend when I travel to my new home. Good thing I could have it shipped to NH, no sales tax!
  • Reply 5 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic

Mine should be waiting for me this weekend when I travel to my new home. Good thing I could have it shipped to NH, no sales tax!

sitting at customs in indiana right now. should have it monday or tuesday. they def. lied about the lead times, but were very very sorry and refunded the expedited shipping charge!
  • Reply 6 of 48
    mbpmbp Posts: 8member
    Yea... I got an e-mail from the shipping company today, and it says it'll be here by the 22nd. I'm very excited, because then I get to show it to my family during Thanksgiving...

Let me know when you get yours!!
  • Reply 7 of 48
    Hey Zandros -- do you really think they'll ship it on Thanksgiving?? That seems odd....
  • Reply 8 of 48
    I have one. It's great. I can't say if it's slower or faster, since this is the first mac ive ever bought.
  • Reply 9 of 48
    Macbook white 2GHz 1GB arrived today. So far... so fantastic!
  • Reply 10 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MBP

Hey Zandros -- do you really think they'll ship it on Thanksgiving?? That seems odd....

Thanksgiving isn't a tradition in Sweden. In any case, the idiots at TNT succeeded at delivering my second skin today, but the MacBook that should have come with it - not a trace. I hope I get it tomorrow.
  • Reply 11 of 48
    I just got mine in today! (The 17 inch Pro.. so...)

<-- on it now

Besides having to filter through swarms of children in the Apple store, I finally got it. They called me today around noon letting me know.

Now if only I could access my files they migrated over from my old one...
  • Reply 12 of 48
    bodebode Posts: 29member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adjective

I just got mine in today! (The 17 inch Pro.. so...)

<-- on it now

Besides having to filter through swarms of children in the Apple store, I finally got it. They called me today around noon letting me know.

Now if only I could access my files they migrated over from my old one...

I got mine today by noon too. A guy from a local store sent me an email. He said I was the very first one to buy the new 17 on that store.

I'm absolutely amazed with this laptop... it's awesome... I also got a applecare so my new toy doesn't go dead anytime soon (after the 1st year)...
  • Reply 13 of 48
    Well, I got my MacBook today, though I had to go to the postal office to collect it myself, or I would need to have waited more for it,

In any case, it's great, and the glossiness of the screen does not disturb at all when the backlight is at over 50%.
  • Reply 14 of 48
    I got mine too! I got it yesterday, and it's great! I still have to hook it up to the internet at our house, but it's amazing. It's SO much faster than our old Dell. I'm really glad I bought it.
  • Reply 15 of 48
    Seems like inventories are improving. Got a 17" C2D Glossy from the apple store in Braintree, MA. Loving it...
  • Reply 16 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bode

I got mine today by noon too. A guy from a local store sent me an email. He said I was the very first one to buy the new 17 on that store.

I'm absolutely amazed with this laptop... it's awesome... I also got a applecare so my new toy doesn't go dead anytime soon (after the 1st year)...

I was suprised how much the 259 bucks got me. Processor upgrade, RAM upgrade, larger HD....

Makes me so happy
  • Reply 17 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adjective

I was suprised how much the 259 bucks got me. Processor upgrade, RAM upgrade, larger HD....

Makes me so happy

Upgrade on a MPB 17?

HD and memory upgrade you could do.. but not processor... which laptop do you have?

Are you sure it's an Apple ?
  • Reply 18 of 48
    regreg Posts: 832member
    My wife is picking up her 17 right now. She cut out of work early to get it. She went with the 200 GB HD also. It will be nice to have for turkey-day.
  • Reply 19 of 48
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reg

My wife is picking up her 17 right now. She cut out of work early to get it. She went with the 200 GB HD also. It will be nice to have for turkey-day.

I suggest using the oven to cook the turkey, but it (macbook pro) might do ok with slices, george foreman style. This model does run a bit cooler, but you'll feel the heat.
  • Reply 20 of 48
    regreg Posts: 832member
    For the turkey we use our old TI 500. No need to thaw with that one. We normally burn a quick iMovie for some of the families that travel far for the gathering. I hope this one is a lot quicker than my pb 17 1.67.