- Last Active
Sold. I was thinking of waiting a year if the the new keyboard design didn't make it into this years 16" but if true, I'm in. If they can throw in a permanent ESC key at the top left of the keyboard beside the touchbar, all the better. I have a 2012 Retina MBP that runs flawlessly that I gave to my wife. These machines are incredible how long they last if you take care of them.
Everyone should just copy and paste this over and over everywhere from MacDailyNews. Simple, elegant and brutal all at once.
MacDailyNews Take: Seven quotes:
• It’s about finding your values, and committing to them. It’s about finding your North Star. It’s about making choices. Some are easy. Some are hard. And some will make you question everything. — Tim Cook
• You don’t have to choose between doing good and doing well. It’s a false choice, today more than ever. — Tim Cook
• You want to be the pebble in the pond that creates the ripple for change. — Tim Cook
• There are times in all of our lives when a reliance on gut or intuition just seems more appropriate — when a particular course of action just feels right. And interestingly I’ve discovered it’s in facing life’s most important decisions that intuition seems the most indispensable to getting it right. — Tim Cook
• For us, the most important thing we can do is raise people up – that is, either by giving the ability to do things they could not otherwise do, allow them to create things they couldn’t otherwise create. It’s about giving them tools; it is about empowering people. — Tim Cook
• I don’t view Apple or myself as an activist. What we do is for some things where we think we have deep knowledge, or think we do, or a strong point of view, we’re not shy. We’ll stand up, speak out – even when our voice shakes. — Tim Cook
• The most important thing is, Do you have the courage to admit that you’re wrong? And do you change? The most important thing to me as a CEO is that we keep the courage. — Tim Cook
The Tiananmen Square/June Fourth Incident, 1989
ttollerton said:This really is a rather dramatic and head scratching conflict. At virtually every media event, Cook almost breaks into tears as he dramatically professes Apple’s core values around the right to privacy. He goes so far as to fight the US government to access someone’s personal device.
And yet, in China, a communist nation that oppresses individual rights, including privacy, Cook is more than willing to sway to the will of the oppressive government.
I like Apple products, but I don’t want to hear about Apple’s values. If they’re not universally applied, they’re not values. They’re sales tactics.
Extreme idealists has no place in the world. It’s more destructive than constructive.
You’re completely wrong. Extreme idealist is also an extremist, not unlike ISIS just at a different spectrum. What you described is an idealist who also has an understanding of a world around them but wants something better. When you lack an understanding of a world around you how can you contribute to it? You can’t.
When you blindly say “Don’t do this” or “You have to do that” in absolute term without an understanding or simply not care about it you are a destructive force to a society rather than being helping.
lkrupp said:VariedThinking said:Looking into the future which in the computer world you try to do with some success. I would stay away from HD's and drop the extra money on a 2TB SSD and get as much RAM as you can afford and what the hardware can hold.
I disagree with your comment because as mentioned by others, email, browsing, online shopping, social media and the other light-weight use cases you mentioned can all be done on a phone which 99% of us all have. I would go with the SSD on an iMac. Spinning disks on computers need to go away.
gatorguy said:StrangeDays said:realistic said:Nice Mouthmagman1979 said:Boo hoo cry me a XXXXXXX river, ad agencies complaining Apple is making it more difficult for them to perform their wholesale harvest of user data without our consent.
Apple, keep it up! These XXXXXXX deserve NOTHING for their criminal acts!