- Last Active
rbnetengr said:I was surprised by the language and adult content, because I didn’t see any warnings or alerts about it.
Retelling Imran's story, PPT style, for clarity:
• in 1995, while interning at apple, i bought a NeXT cube for $150 at stanford surplus
• while designing mac os X with steve, he liked to tell us how the NeXT was better
• so i started bringing in my cube to win arguments by showing him that things weren't as good as he remembered
• this happened so often that it got to the point where if he walked in and saw the cube in the room, he'd just let it go
• still the best $150 i've spent
jonparadise said:I can't comment on how reliable the keyboards are.
But I can say that the noise they make is akin to a troupe of clinically obese dancing pixies, with clogs on, tap dancing across a table.
At least that's the way they sound in our shared office.
I just brought my 2016 MBP in to an Apple Store because the keyboard is almost always very quiet.
When the CPU gets under load and heats up the keyboard, the keys from E-to-I will make a loud "snapping" when actuated.
Very annoying in a meeting when the keys start making that sound.
I got a call last night that they weren't sure if this was "normal" or not but would replace the top case anyway.