- Last Active
This concert is actually part of an obligation the city of Milan made to Apple. Apple got approval for the store in Piazza del Liberty on the condition that it:
- 8 public events of high social and cultural relevance each year, each one approved by the city council
- propose further 4 events annually
Actually a smart move by the city, and a smart move for Apple too.
(source, in italian: http://www.comune.milano.it/wps/portal/ist/it/news/primopiano/tutte_notizie/urbanistica_verde_agricoltura/apple_piazza_liberty)
Mike Wuerthele said:
2) There are still 5G "standards" to shake out, as well as implementation details, because once again, we've got battling ideas from the carriers on what is best.
( Excerpt from the 5G Europe Action plan:)
- Align roadmaps and priorities for a coordinated 5G deployment across all EU Member states, targeting early network introduction by 2018, and moving towards commercial large scale introduction by the end of 2020 at the latest.
- Make provisional spectrum bands available for 5G ahead of the 2019 World Radio Communication Conference (WRC-19), to be complemented by additional bands as quickly as possible, and work towards a recommended approach for the authorisation of the specific 5G spectrum bands above 6GHz.
- Promote early deployment in major urban areas and along major transport paths.
- Promote pan-European multi-stakeholder trials as catalysts to turn technological innovation into full business solutions.
- Facilitate the implementation of an industry-led venture fund in support of 5G-based innovation.
- Unite leading actors in working towards the promotion of global standards.