Apple reveals long-awaited multi-touch 'iPad'

Comments

• Reply 181 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

Wall Street likes the price.

They left lots of room to make improvements down the road. So early adopters will buy a second one to get the camera, bluetooth, etc.

it has bluetooth 2.1
  • Reply 182 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sabbry View Post

And yet people still use Flash.

Why? Because if you can imagine it, it's possible to make in Flash.

Tell me how HTML 5 Plans to accomplish THIS.

Do I need to mention the legion of creative professionals whose work benefits from motion? Don't waste my time with that tweener animation crap that jQuery brings to the table for forms. It's not truly interactive.

Google is starting to index it. Flash now supports deep-linking. Bing doesn't, but who cares about Bing? Silverlight is a Hulu novelty.

Your, and Apple's mistake, is to continue to think Flash is a video codec.

If you use Flash correctly, it's a interactive movie in the form of a website that cannot be replicated by lesser, traditional technologies.

HTML5? Are you serious? I suppose you think 99% of users will be able to see CSS3 content tomorrow, too?

Another poster with 1 post, ahem troll, sorry mods, can't help it. piss off troll.
  • Reply 183 of 785
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    no gps on this huh
  • Reply 184 of 785
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    What's the screen resolution?
  • Reply 185 of 785
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RCO3 View Post

At $500, I'll be getting one. Happily.

You and many other people will. I'm sure Apple knows what kind of numbers to expect.

(plus, add to the mix the people that buy whatever Apple makes just because lol)
  • Reply 186 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

Hey look you can barely tell the difference between my 'mockup' in 2007 and the real deal!

(treat that with a pinch of sarcasm)

Well, at least your mockup's got less bezel.
  • Reply 187 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SheldonJohnScott View Post

Exactly how I feel. I have an iPod, iPhone and MBP. It is useless for me.

Ironic they call it iPad and you cant write on it.

Anticipation and hype was way too high on this one... All because of the iPhone.

Looks like Apple already extracted sufficient revenue from you. Maybe you are not the target customer for this device?
  • Reply 188 of 785
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by desarc View Post

no gps on this huh

[CENTER]Strange... Maybe Google Maps will include TbT like it does no the DROID/Nexus One?[/CENTER]
  • Reply 189 of 785
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    $129 premium for the privelage of another $30/mon AT&T data plan....

Did anyone imagine the WiFi only model to be cheaper? LOL thats amazing.

nooooooooooooo thank u
  • Reply 190 of 785
    cmf2cmf2 Posts: 1,427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DistortedLoop View Post

Hmmm...New 3G micro sims? Why? To keep me from plugging in my current phone SIM?

If you did that, you would also have no phone service... What I found notably absent was no tethering between this device and the iPhone. That is what I want, but I guess AT&T still doesn't offer tethering to the iPhone at all so they couldn't add that feature. Sad, because I do not live in the US and I have free tethering on my iPhone.
  • Reply 191 of 785
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

Another poster with 1 post, ahem troll, sorry mods, can't help it. piss off troll.

That's right, ignore the message, just dismiss him as a troll.

This iPad is bringing in new members, a lot of which are here to bitch (lol that rhymed) but people like him who know what they're talking about stand to keep the discussion interesting.,

cmon now.
  • Reply 192 of 785
    I think there should still be a camera
  • Reply 193 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

Wall Street likes the price.

They left lots of room to make improvements down the road. So early adopters will buy a second one to get the camera, bluetooth, etc.

Good point. Love it all except the lack of a camera - I will interested to see Apple's reason for this. Probably cost.
  • Reply 194 of 785
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hugodinho View Post

Well, at least your mockup's got less bezel.

more bezel = more cowbell!
  • Reply 195 of 785
    That price with gps and a cam would be great... i agree wait till gen 2 of this device
  • Reply 196 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

pot meet kettle
  • Reply 197 of 785
    Apple stock is now up +1.85 (+0.90%)
  • Reply 198 of 785
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scavanger View Post

I could see the rational(e) on an iPhone, on a much larger screen like this, the reasoning for not having Flash is just stupid.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ifail View Post

Ugh, no flash...seriously?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scavanger View Post

Sigh... still no flash plug in eh? Talk about useless then.

must... ...kill... ...(stupid, heavy, proprietary, never designed for video)....flash....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

YouTube and Vimeo both work in Safari without Flash player now.

and when HTML 5 gets up to speed, hopefully so will everything else. I'm impressed Apple's sticking to this, as they obviously could have included it.
  • Reply 199 of 785
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins View Post

LOL. it is a 16GB closed OS not multitasking netbook wanna-be for the ridiculous price of $500. Yuck.

[CENTER]Certainly not too high for the Apple faithful, or those who simply see it as an electronic fashion accessory.[/CENTER]
  • Reply 199 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macshark View Post

Another brilliant first post!

I'm an independent IT consultant and am an avid Apple fan. It is my first post - but I have no axe to grind with Apple (or anyone for that matter). I just think on this occasion the hype has outshone the delivery - I was hugely excited about this launch (more so than any other), but I accept that others may see a possibility for this device in their daily lives.

I on the other hand would rather have a MacBook Air.