Legal issues prompt Apple to remove Amazon Cloud music player from App Store

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    All these music and video industry licensing restrictions are just a nightmare for consumers and we just get restricted in ways we do not desire.

Enough already...
  • Reply 42 of 47
    And now the missing of the date has been covered elsewhere...

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/11/01/...-beta-expires/

While I have no problem with the delay, it should be pointed out that they shut down the Match server last Thursday and haven't brought it back online or provided developers with any info since then. Not cool to leave them in the dark like that.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    In addition to Apple falling silent about iTunes Match, iCloud is a headache and there's a growing problem with the iPhone 4S (and perhaps other iOS5 devices) having an echo effect - see link. You'd think Apple Insider would be spilling some ink on these type of issues.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16393382#16393382
  • Reply 44 of 47
    I can see some antitrust cases coming out of this.

There's no reason Apple should deny something like "gmusic" from being released on the iOS market just because it streams music from your google account. What's illegal about something like that? It's their own music.

Oh, and the original article is incorrect. Google music allows you to permanently store your music onto your device. It is not stream-only.

• Reply 45 of 47
    Didn't even know cloudplayer was on the App Store. I assumed it shoudln't have bene there anyways.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post

Amazing... you can buy music you just can't listen to it when you want or anywhere you want on any device you want. I wish the music industry would just die like the big dumb dinosaur it is.

With technology today it isn't hard for someone to record themselves, produce themselves, and post to iTunes or other music services. They are angry because the digital era is eroding their stranglehold on musicians. Unfortunately we are probably still a long long way from them going extinct and must still endure several more painful years of this garbage.
  • Reply 47 of 47
    It's called the Digital Content Exchange. It works with iCloud, Amazon Cloud Player and Google Music Player.

Copyright owners, participate in a fee any time the item is sold or borrowed. Uses principles of registration, immobilization and verification adapted from online securities trading.

The DCE enables authors of media (including, but not limited to: books, music, video and games) to become their own direct distributors of the digital item. It allows consumers who buy books, music and videos to aggregate their collections and, therefore, provide a marketplace more powerful than Amazon, eBay, Netflix, RedBox, and the New York Public Library.

Works with physical items or digital items. No DRM ... ever!

Check it out: http://goo.gl/EVtqk