Apple maintains dominance of global tablet market with 58% share in Q4 2011

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 74
    slapppyslapppy Posts: 331member
    More truthful reporting. Thank goodness you have someone like me that can give you balance information.

"IPad down to 58% of tablet sales as Android catches up"

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/tech...s-android.html
  • Reply 62 of 74
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slapppy View Post

More truthful reporting. Thank goodness you have someone like me that can give you balance information.

And a huge portion of those Android OS numbers are from the profitless Kindle Fire and B&N Nook Color. Android is winning¡
  • Reply 63 of 74
    Must have touched a nerve, when in doubt, personal attack.
  • Reply 64 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slapppy View Post

Balanced information? That article you linked has exactly the same data as this article... from some firm called Strategy Analytics.

I mean, seriously... you posted an article from the LA Times that is using the very same information as this Apple Insider post.

Why?
  • Reply 65 of 74
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Yes, let's compare hard Apple numbers to imaginary, made-up, best guess numbers from android Manufacturers and amazon. The analysts are always accurate.

Yes, but have you noticed this:

- When the analysts forecast Apple results, they're always low. Look at how often Apple beats the analysts estimates by a wide margin (every quarter except possibly one in the past 3 years).

- When analysts predict how well the competition is going, they almost have absurdly high guesses.
  • Reply 66 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Must have touched a nerve, when in doubt, personal attack.

Personal attack?

My house is boring... your house is a basement.

What!? You don't like your parent's basement? Move out. Stretch your legs. Buy a kayak. Get some hiking boots. Nothing boring about that.
  • Reply 67 of 74
    lol this site is always good for a laugh. Apple loses marketshare and people try and spin it positive. Same thing that happened to phones will happen to tablets: android will have the greatest marketshare. Apple will still have their niche, so chill
  • Reply 68 of 74
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by realitycheck69 View Post

lol this site is always good for a laugh. Apple loses marketshare and people try and spin it positive. Same thing that happened to phones will happen to tablets: android will have the greatest marketshare. Apple will still have their niche, so chill

Well, when you can provide anything other than fairy tale number based on estimated shipments for Android, then come back.

There is a reason nobody other than Moto has released their actual sell through on Android devices. And that reason would be dismal to the affected shareholders.
  • Reply 69 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LTMP View Post

I listened to the AAPL earnings call, but didn't take notes. However, I believe the number listed for AAPL is actually shipped numbers rather than sold. Apple said that they shipped 15.43 million for the quarter, and drew down channel inventory by 200,000 units.

So they actually sold 15.6 million.

It is kind of funny. Apple sells more than they ship, but are reported as dropping share compared to other companies that shipped, but may not have sold.

Actually they say "Sold".

Here is a direct quote from the news release:

The Company sold 37.04 million iPhones in the quarter, representing 128 percent unit growth over the year-ago quarter. Apple sold 15.43 million iPads during the quarter, a 111 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter. The Company sold 5.2 million Macs during the quarter, a 26 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter. Apple sold 15.4 million iPods, a 21 percent unit decline from the year-ago quarter.

Sorry edited for a typo
  • Reply 70 of 74
    Quote:

Forgot, having a different opinion = troll. Not sure if you looked at the chart above but the numbers support his claims??? Android gaining, Apple losing.

Lol no your just a troll.
  • Reply 71 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Baka-Dubbs View Post

The problem is if you read much in these forums that is a question asked often even if there has not been a single report issued(that I have seen) that suggests this is the case.

It would be like if sony announcing they sold x number of PS3's and me asking "Well, I wonder how many of those were returned for Xbox 360's" with no report or signs indicating that this was a frequent occurance.

Because the question was originally asked in Nov 2011; you apparently were not around to notice it. Informed people tend to look askance at such trite behaviour.

Cheers
  • Reply 72 of 74
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:

Ironic, when the numbers favor Apple they are spot on, when they don't they are imaginary, made-up and best guess, glad that was cleared up.

Nothing ironic about it. Apple numbers are always real 'sold' numbers while the others are guesstimates at best or sell-in numbers. If Android tablets are doing so well, why do the manufacturers only report sell-in numbers and never sell-thru numbers..
  • Reply 73 of 74
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:

Ironic, when the numbers favor Apple they are spot on, when they don't they are imaginary, made-up and best guess, glad that was cleared up.

When you grow up and learn the difference between sell-in and sell-thru numbers then 'maybe' you will understand.

added Hellacool to my ignote list.
  • Reply 74 of 74
    Quote:

Your house must be boring. No TV's, Game Consoles, Printers ect......

Sure, they're watching tv shows on an Apple display hooked up to an Apple TV, while printing from a LaserWriter 300 (were built like tanks if you ask me, I had one for 10 years before I lost it to a lightning-storm induced power surge - fried a lot of electronics that day :,( ). As for a game console ... hey, there's always the Pippin. ;P