Biographer says Steve Jobs was legitimately infuriated by Android

Comments

• Reply 221 of 291
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdyB View Post

Some of these posts have lead me to add someone to my ignore list for the first time.

While the site is marginally better with ignore lists you still end up with a bunch of folks quoting the morons you're ignoring.
  • Reply 222 of 291
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Regardless how Android started, 4.03 looks nothing like iOS. In fact it's quite the opposite now it seems to me that iOS is starting to turn to Android for ideas. As far as I'm concern who gives a crap as long as the outcome is a better mobile OS. My fingers are cross for iOS to pick up a file manager, support for DIVX, home screens that can be customized and the ability to be mounted as a normal drive instead of using a music player to copy files over (thank goodness for hackers on this one).
  • Reply 223 of 291
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

My fingers are cross for iOS to pick up a file manager, support for DIVX, home screens that can be customized and the ability to be mounted as a normal drive instead of using a music player to copy files over (thank goodness for hackers on this one).

These will never happen, save for three which already exists. DivX is just terrible and HEVC is only a few years out.
  • Reply 224 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

These will never happen, save for three which already exists. DivX is just terrible and HEVC is only a few years out.

Yes I know, big reason why I know longer have a iPhone 4, not Divx, it would be nice if Apple would support pretty much every codec like Android but not needed. The other stuff is important for me though. I know the iPhone is doing well and everyone around here swears by it but I have defiantly moved on. I love having a much larger screen with a better resolution with a much more flexable OS.

Yes, you may now destroy me for not liking the iPhone any longer, I'm sorry, it's just, well, it's very boring and everyone has one. Plus after using such a large screen with a 1280 x 800 rez I don't think I can ever go back to using such a small screen. Not after what I know.
  • Reply 225 of 291
    Quote:

Yes, you may now destroy me for not liking the iPhone any longer, I'm sorry, it's just, well, it's very boring and everyone has one.

Eh, it's not for everyone. Some people don't want to reencode their media to supported formats, and while I don't get why they wouldn't want modern formats, I understand why they wouldn't want to have the hassle of doing it.

There're apps in the App Store that add support for some of them, I think. Mind, they don't add support to the standard applications, just within their own. VLC gave us MKV support, for example.
  • Reply 226 of 291
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:

Yes, you may now destroy me for not liking the iPhone any longer, I'm sorry, it's just, well, it's very boring and everyone has one.

There are a multitude of legitimate reasons for not liking a product or, more reasonably, finding that it doesn't suit your needs, but saying that you don't like it because everyone has one has got to be the stupidest reason I've ever heard.
  • Reply 227 of 291
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Have you seen all the complaints from people who don't like that TV show torrents have switched from DivX/AVI to H.264/MP4?

Here are some of the golden responses:
    Quote:

“LOL, why are all your new uploads MP4 format? How do we get hold of you? We need the AVI format back, really frustrating as most DVD players don’t play MP4 format which means we are back to converting format to AVI – how 3rd world LOL,”

Quote:

“MP4 SUCKS AND IS A BULL SHIT FORMAT. AVI WILL ALWAYS BE KING. MORE TROUBLE THAN IS WORTH. TIME TO GET MY DOWNLOADS FROM A BETTER SITE THAT OFFERS AVI AND I KNOW A MAJORITY OF THE DOWN LOADERS WILL DO THE SAME,”

So they want an archaic codec that has no HW support and added 40% to their file size. And who are these people that think it's "3rd world" to want to bun an AVI to a CD so they can play it in their DVD player? I don't understand how these people can even use a computer.
  • Reply 228 of 291
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

October 5th, 2011 the human race took one step closer to being better.

That is one of the least helpful remarks made by you ever. The lack of tack and intelligence it exudes could only come from the attitude of a small minded jealous and insecure pseudo-child. The statement and thought behind it are just pure unadulterated thinly veiled hate. Why so angry?

Often your posts are just trivial drivel. Now you are playing for keeps with your own online karma.
  • Reply 229 of 291
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

I tried to get them banned but somehow the admin people are sleeping. These Trolls you mention stepped over some serious border lines. These postes are far beyond anything acceptable and they push this forum deliberately into a s@@t pit.

Shame on you admins. I know one who has a gut but it seems he's off duty.
  • Reply 230 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by majjo View Post

If google's intent was to copy iOS verbatim, they could've done a much better job.

Meh.. Google.. A much better job?.. What a laugh!!!
  • Reply 231 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

October 5th, 2011 the human race took one step closer to being better.

Really, admins? Really?

I think I'll stay away from this site until it get properly moderated.
  • Reply 232 of 291
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Regardless how Android started, 4.03 looks nothing like iOS. In fact it's quite the opposite now it seems to me that iOS is starting to turn to Android for ideas. As far as I'm concern who gives a crap as long as the outcome is a better mobile OS. My fingers are cross for iOS to pick up a file manager, support for DIVX, home screens that can be customized and the ability to be mounted as a normal drive instead of using a music player to copy files over (thank goodness for hackers on this one).

4.04 apparently works nothing like iOS either, well the using it for phone calls part, anyway ICS shouldn't really concern you yet.

Quote:

I love having a much larger screen with a better resolution with a much more flexable OS.

Yes, you may now destroy me for not liking the iPhone any longer, I'm sorry, it's just, well, it's very boring and everyone has one. Plus after using such a large screen with a 1280 x 800 rez I don't think I can ever go back to using such a small screen. Not after what I know.

So you've got a Galaxy Note (based on the screen resolution you gave), which is on Gingerbread that you poke with a stick.

The ICS ROM's that have leaked so far don't support the pokey stick programs yet so aren't that crash hot.

PS, watch out for poles if you answer it on the street and don't poke anyone in your blind spot with your elbow.
  • Reply 233 of 291
    majjomajjo Posts: 574member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

THEY'RE HOLDING IT WRONG!!!!!!

Looool!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahah, best joke eva!!!!

help me I been possessed by a fandroid

Mwuahahahahah!!!

Cute; unfortunately, it looks like apple is having issues as well.
  • Reply 234 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

There are a multitude of legitimate reasons for not liking a product or, more reasonably, finding that it doesn't suit your needs, but saying that you don't like it because everyone has one has got to be the stupidest reason I've ever heard.

You'll be surprised how often that factors into purchasing decisions, especially in luxury goods.
  • Reply 235 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

4.04 apparently works nothing like iOS either, well the using it for phone calls part, anyway ICS shouldn't really concern you yet.

So you've got a Galaxy Note (based on the screen resolution you gave), which is on Gingerbread that you poke with a stick.

The ICS ROM's that have leaked so far don't support the pokey stick programs yet so aren't that crash hot.

PS, watch out for poles if you answer it on the street and don't poke anyone in your blind spot with your elbow.

I'm running ICS, have been for months. Not only that but I'm running it tablet mode, the 1280 x 800 resolution is perfect doing so. The pointing stick programs don't really concern me as much as the S Pen works great in all of the note-taking, photo-editing, audio-editing and of course drawing apps.

Yes I am running a custom rom of my own doing. That's the beauty of using such an open OS and phone. It's not for everyone but I enjoy it and that's what is important, no?

No, I just compared iOS and Androids phone features, again they look nothing alike.
  • Reply 236 of 291
    Quote:

Have you seen all the complaints from people who don't like that TV show torrents have switched from DivX/AVI to H.264/MP4?

Here are some of the golden responses:

So they want an archaic codec that has no HW support and added 40% to their file size. And who are these people that think it's "3rd world" to want to bun an AVI to a CD so they can play it in their DVD player? I don't understand how these people can even use a computer.

I know! People swear by AVI as though it came out of their (or spouse's) womb! It's TRASH! Sure, it may have been good at one point, but not for many years.

The 'burn an AVI to a CD' part is always the best. To a CD! That's why most pirated movie files are under 700 MB! But they're AVIs, so it's just?
  • Reply 237 of 291
    Quote:

I gave a lot of legitimate reasons why I dumped my iPhone but being unique is also a big motivator for a lot of people. So what if I got tired of using the same phone OS for last three years. Features have been added but the look hasn't and it's well, it's boring. I'm not the only one either who thinks so, I've personally converted over 12 other women who were iPhone users to a Galaxy Note and all of them say the same thing, I wish I had this phone sooner.
  • Reply 238 of 291
    adybadyb Posts: 205member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nht View Post

While the site is marginally better with ignore lists you still end up with a bunch of folks quoting the morons you're ignoring.

As I have discovered - still it's better than nothing.

I think the moderators have had a bad day today with this thread.
  • Reply 239 of 291
    Quote:

I'm running ICS, have been for months. Not only that but I'm running it tablet mode, the 1280 x 800 resolution is perfect doing so. The pointing stick programs don't really concern me as much as the S Pen works great in all of the note-taking, photo-editing, audio-editing and of course drawing apps.

Yes I am running a custom rom of my own doing. That's the beauty of using such an open OS and phone. It's not for everyone but I enjoy it and that's what is important, no?

No, I just compared iOS and Androids phone features, again they look nothing alike.

Interesting; how well does tablet mode ICS work as a phone? I assume the phone app is still there, is there a tablet-optimized version of the dialer?

I'm running ICS on both my phone and tablet (both CM9 builds) and I'm really liking the theme google has chosen. I hated the look of android 2.x; it was kinda all over the place, but ICS is really clean looking to me.

I played with the Gnote recently. its way too big for me; I can't imagine carrying that thing around or using it as a phone comfortably. I can see how it could work for women who keep phones in their purses, but for me, no way.
  • Reply 240 of 291
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Quote:

I gave a lot of legitimate reasons why I dumped my iPhone but being unique is also a big motivator for a lot of people. ...

There's nothing unique about being "unique" in this way. It's called being a contrarian, and it makes you just like a whole lot of other people.