camera lens for iPhone

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

I found out that there’s such thing as a camera lens for an iPhone. I will definitely get one. My budget is around 60-80 bucks max. What camera lens could you suggest for an iPhone that’s compatible with an iPad?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8

I know of none. Those swappable lenses rely on a special iPhone case to connect to the device, and I don't think there's an iPad equivalent thereof. Could be wrong, though.

• Reply 2 of 8

The site we aren't aloud to talk about (9 t o 5 m a c) did a review of one a few months ago. 

• Reply 3 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I know of none. Those swappable lenses rely on a special iPhone case to connect to the device, and I don't think there's an iPad equivalent thereof. Could be wrong, though.

Thanks for the immediate response. Yeah, I’m still looking for one. I just hope I’d find something, and if I do, hope too that they’re compatible. I’ll surely share if I found one. Thanks! 

• Reply 4 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by logandigges View Post

The site we aren't aloud to talk about (9 t o 5 m a c) did a review of one a few months ago. 

Sure, will check it out! Thanks man!

• Reply 5 of 8

I think it was called "Ookla"

• Reply 6 of 8

Oops it is called Olloclip

You can find it at http://9 t o 5 m a c.com/2012/06/20/olloclip-for-iphone-camera-lens-kit-review/

don't forget to remove the spaces out of that URL.

• Reply 8 of 8
    Hello,
    Using Olloclip is easy! Slide it on over your iPhone's rear camera lens and you're ready to take amazing photos and videos. The fisheye lens captures a nearly 180 degree field-of-view. The wide-angle lens doubles the field of view of the iPhone camera. Finally, the macro lens lets you focus the iPhone within 12-15mm of your subject and applies roughly a 10X multiplier. Olloclip's storage bag even doubles as a microfiber cleaning cloth for the ultimate in convenience.