Beats announces four new bright Powerbeats Pro colors, coming June 9

Posted:
in General Discussion edited May 2020
Apple's Beats brand on Friday is announcing four new color options for its Powerbeats Pro wireless headphones: Spring Yellow, Cloud Pink, Lava Red and Glacier Blue.

Credit: Beats
Credit: Beats

The announcement comes after several leaks indicated that new summer-themed colors could be coming to the Apple-owned, Beats-branded wireless headphone lineup.

Besides the color options, the new Powerbeats Pros are identical to current models. The new colors will be available on June 9 and will retail for $249.95, the same as previous models.

Powerbeats Pro are designed with a fitness and sports focus, sporting an IPX4 water-resistance rating, adjustable ear-hook loops to help secure them during workouts, and up to nine hours of listening time.

While they're larger than AirPods and don't feature noise cancellation, the Powerbeats Pro do come equipped with Apple's H1 chip for easy pairing and the always-on "Hey Siri" features.

New Powerbeats Pro models in Glacier Blue. Credit: Beats
New Powerbeats Pro models in Glacier Blue. Credit: Beats

They feature a Fast Fuel feature that offers up to an hour and a half of additional battery life in a five-minute charge, on-ear volume and playback controls, and come with four sets of eartips. The charging case itself does not support wireless charging, but is instead charged via Lightning.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,056member
    Still over priced. 
    lkrupp
  • Reply 2 of 13
    flydogflydog Posts: 1,127member
    fallenjt said:
    Still over priced. 
    Based on what?  If Apple can't make enough to satisfy demand, then they are underpriced. If you are basing your opinion solely on the fact that there are knockoffs on Amazon for $19, then yes they are overpriced. 

But what's odd is you commented that the price of a $53,000 Mac Pro was "nothing": https://forums.appleinsider.com/discussion/comment/3210369/#Comment_3210369

And that you're ok with spending $100 more on a Magic Keyboard: https://forums.appleinsider.com/discussion/comment/3233247/#Comment_3233247

Maybe you forgot to take your medication this morning. 

ronnlkruppwatto_cobraCloudTalkinshark5150
  • Reply 3 of 13
    I'm still waiting on the first firmware update for my Powerbeats Pro. The AirPods Pro have had like 3 already? I have had audio dropouts from my Apple Watch Series 5 to my Powerbeats Pro when jogging around.....though it always seems to be in the same spot, so there might be some Bluetooth interference.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    KuyangkohKuyangkoh Posts: 838member
    My power beats pro rocks, walking w my dog w my Apple watch leaving the iphone behind is a work out on lite ;-)))
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 13
    stevenozstevenoz Posts: 315member
    None of these colors are for a straight male.
    edited May 2020 lkruppspock1234watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 13
    leighrleighr Posts: 254member
    stevenoz said:
    The red or lime yellow are fine for me. Except I’ve already got the black!
    edited May 2020 Rayz2016
  • Reply 7 of 13
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,114member
    flydog said:
    fallenjt said:
    Still over priced. 
    Based on what?  If Apple can't make enough to satisfy demand, then they are underpriced. If you are basing your opinion solely on the fact that there are knockoffs on Amazon for $19, then yes they are overpriced. 

But what's odd is you commented that the price of a $53,000 Mac Pro was "nothing": https://forums.appleinsider.com/discussion/comment/3210369/#Comment_3210369

And that you're ok with spending $100 more on a Magic Keyboard: https://forums.appleinsider.com/discussion/comment/3233247/#Comment_3233247

Maybe you forgot to take your medication this morning. 

Wow, such hostility over . . . a comment about headphones. Hmmm.  
    Based on what? I’ll respond: based on no noise cancelling and no wireless charging, fr’instance.  Why not buy the AirPods Pro and a $10 lanyard to go with them if you’re afraid of losing them, for only $10 more total?
    edited May 2020
  • Reply 8 of 13
    stevenoz said:
    None of these colors are for a straight male that is insecure and has a fragile sense of masculinity. 

There, I fixed your comment. 
    edited May 2020
  • Reply 9 of 13
    stevenozstevenoz Posts: 315member
    stevenoz said:
    None of these colors are for a straight male that is insecure and has a fragile sense of masculinity. 

Sounds like I struck a nerve for Happy Noodle Boy.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    XedXed Posts: 2,602member
    stevenoz said:
    stevenoz said:

Says the guy who feels emasculated by colored headphones.
    [Deleted User]
  • Reply 11 of 13
    stevenoz said:
    stevenoz said:

Not even sure what you are trying to infer from that but I guess I am supposed to feel told. 
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    stevenoz said:

Ouch!

That’s gonna leave a mark. 

edited May 2020
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Do they all come in the black case?

Would be great if they could match the case with the headphone colours. 
    leighr