Anyone have real Breakfast's anymore ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I used to love lounging around in the morning having bacon & two or three eggs, with melted cheese, ...Plus lots of toast, butter, maybe some fried tomatoes, Mustard, Tomato sauce, (ketchup) a few snags (sausages), and huge cups of coffee freshly brewed or a big cup of strong black tea and a few biscuits ( cookies ) to wash it all down..........switch on the radio, maybe read the sports section of the paper....all the time in the world.....Oh to be young & carefree...!

................And ..... then came.......Middle age........urgh...

And now my breakfasts are just a teeny weeny bowl of fruit, about two or three raisins, some watery yogurt, decaf coffee ( i'f I'm lucky )..and about two minutes to look over the paper, before the sports pages are used to line the Kitchen bin........

Is this what a good breakfast has been reduced too ?

I ask you

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    Always.

Poached eggs on toast, spinach; goat's cheese; paté; rooibos or jasmine tea; avocado. Make a dressing every time.

I've been known to fry up the previous evening's polenta and put a poached egg on top. Organic eggs every, every time. They just taste better and they're so worth the expense.

Most important meal of the day. Can't work without it now. I just don't do cereal any more if I can help it.

Even if I'm in a dash I do toast and peanut butter of the organic kind.

I am a breakfast snob.
  • Reply 2 of 31
    The above post makes me sound like a complete wanker, I know.

But it's true.
  • Reply 3 of 31
    I am, that is, a wanker.
  • Reply 4 of 31
    You're right, that does make you sound like a wanker. A gay wanker no less. How long does it take you to cook that shtuffs?

It is 7:20 now and I am already at work with no breakfast as always. Just sucking down a gallon of black coffee. Never eat breakfast. Who has time for that? Maybe if I were more diligent I would keep some Wheat Chex handy so that I could shovel it down straight out the box while driving to work.
  • Reply 5 of 31
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

It is 7:20 now and I am already at work with no breakfast as always. Just sucking down a gallon of black coffee. Never eat breakfast. Who has time for that? Maybe if I were more diligent I would keep some Wheat Chex handy so that I could shovel it down straight out the box while driving to work.

Same here. No time for breakfast

I guess I'd rather get some extra sleep than get up early and eat something. I usually grab a bananna or an apple though. Does that count?
  • Reply 6 of 31
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Never that. Mostly an americano or a skimmed latte ... alternatively a cappuccino or a double espresso... and some fruit in summer. Never that crap.
  • Reply 7 of 31
    Coffee and cigarettes - the breakfast of champions (copyright Jim Jarmusch)
  • Reply 8 of 31
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    It's 11:21 AM CST and I haven't had a thing all day.
  • Reply 9 of 31
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I should add that I love beans for breakfast, you just can't find then very easily in the states. Cook at home? Hell no. I can barely make the train that's a two minute walk from my home.
  • Reply 10 of 31
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Well, I'd have eggs, but, you shouldn't eat more that 3 a week.

I'd have grits, but, that's just too country...

I'd have bacon, but, to unhealthy

I'd have toast, but I pass since I'd only schlop it with butter jelly, or something else excessive

Pancakes & waffles, see toast

So, I eat Raisin Bran with 2% milk every morning. When I run out of milk, I have Instant Oatmeal.
  • Reply 11 of 31
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gordy

Well, I'd have eggs, but, you shouldn't eat more that 3 a week.

I'd have grits, but, that's just too country...

I'd have bacon, but, to unhealthy

I'd have toast, but I pass since I'd only schlop it with butter jelly, or something else excessive

Pancakes & waffles, see toast

So, I eat Raisin Bran with 2% milk every morning. When I run out of milk, I have Instant Oatmeal.

Raisin Bran is a favorite of mine. But I use 1% milk. And I have a very important question for you - Post or Kelloggs? And careful how you answer...
  • Reply 12 of 31
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Poached eggs on toast, spinach; goat's cheese; paté; rooibos or jasmine tea; avocado. Make a dressing every time.

• Reply 13 of 31
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    I look out over the valley and think about how big a girl ColanderOfDeath really is.
  • Reply 14 of 31
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I always try to eat something. I'm no gay wanker though.

Oatmeal+Real Coffee

or

Yogurt w/ granola + Real Coffee

I also put half the coffee in a thermos and take it to work. It's great having your own coffee to drink.
  • Reply 15 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

I look out over the valley and think about how big a girl ColanderOfDeath really is.

Well it is hard to say how much I would weigh if I were a girl. But if you want to go part way there I weigh about 210 if you exclude the weight of my Monstrous Cock. If you like, I can send you spam to announce the enormity of my infamous Monstrous Cock and a variety of links showing where it can be seen on the internet. You'll note however that I only wield it on behalf of Hot and Horny Blonde Sluts who are begging to be ravaged rather than just using it to indulge the common laywoman.

Naturally you will have to convert my weight into metric. Although, I would weigh even more had I eaten breakfast.

I'm pretty sure htat you can't see me from over there. Even if you had 100,000/20 vision, there is that whole curvature of the Earth thing plus the Cascades would be in the way too. Although if you can see me in spite of all that maybe you should let Guy know, your superhero vision could be a useful intelligence too for his new EU- er strike that- European Coalition of the Willing.

Anyway, back to breakfast. Uh, I like toast even if I don't ever eat it. And Raisin English Muffins.
  • Reply 16 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

I just re-read my post.

Holy hades, WHAT a gay wanker I sound.
  • Reply 17 of 31
    I feel I should point out that this is a habit I picked up from my girlfriend, and before we hooked up I was addicted to omelettes and porridge.

But I am still a gay wanker nonetheless for showing off.
  • Reply 18 of 31
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Raisin Bran is a favorite of mine. But I use 1% milk. And I have a very important question for you - Post or Kelloggs? And careful how you answer...

Kellogg's for two reasons:

1. Kellogg's contributes to UPromise.

2. Kellogg's Raisin Bran has the most fiber, the only real reason I eat it.

BTW, I haven't tried 1% milk before, is it much difference from 2%? I envision it tasting like water.
  • Reply 19 of 31
    jesperasjesperas Posts: 524member
    Usually just coffee, cream, and sugar--the breakfast of champions! When I remember to, and if I wake up in time, I'll have a bowl of Total with Raisins.

On Saturday, whatever's leftover from the previous night, like cold pizza.

Occasionally (Sundays only), I'll have a more tradional heart-stopper brunch, which can consist of bacon, eggs, pancakes, sausages, hash browns, etc.
  • Reply 20 of 31
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    Coffee, sometimes toast.

Its simple and happy, and theres coffee.

mmm, whole wheat bread with real butter, only 16 more hours to wait.