When your girlfriend occupies your mac...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm sitting here writing these words on our win-XP machine. More and more often I find my mac occupied by my girlfriend. Before she used to use the PC because of PowerPoint and Word, and because she never had used a mac before we got together. But after I bought office for the mac, she is more and more frequently using the mac for her work. And after Keynote was released, she's hooked. So now we're fighting to use the mac, a fight which I more and more often loose So the solution? Buy her a PB for her birthday? Yes, I think so. By then (sept 11) I hope Apple have come out with the new 15" (hopefully with the 970). That should make her happy dont you think I think I'll better buy her an iPod too. She's using mine more than me.

So my question is: how many of you have the same problem?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    alpha macalpha mac Posts: 463member
    No girlfriend = no problem
  • Reply 2 of 38
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Ah Hah ! The secret to getting out of the "friends zone"

Buy a Mac.

Obviously Mac = Girlfriend

• Reply 3 of 38
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Ah Hah ! The secret to getting out of the "friends zone"

Buy a Mac.

Obviously Mac = Girlfriend

, yeah.

A lot of my friends girlfriends always mentiones my mac when they come over. "Why can't be but one of those" they ask Funny. And iTunes is the perfect party jukebox. Everybody finds it easy and fast to use. So we seldom hear more than 30 secs of songs before another one starts \
  • Reply 4 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by NETROMac

, yeah.

A lot of my friends girlfriends always mentiones my mac when they come over. "Why can't be but one of those" they ask Funny. And iTunes is the perfect party jukebox. Everybody finds it easy and fast to use. So we seldom hear more than 30 secs of songs before another one starts \

Just goes to show that women are smarter than your average PeeCee nerdy wanker playing with his floppy "disk"

These girls/ women know that Mac guys are cool without being big headed..don't run with the pack ( idependent thinkers ) & most of all know what a woman wants...after all..Mac OS is laid out as beautifully & as elegantly as a woman's curves...without all the extra junkcode or bloat.

So its only natural that they would find us irresistable....
  • Reply 5 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Just goes to show that women are smarter than your average PeeCee nerdy wanker playing with his floppy "disk"

These girls/ women know that Mac guys are cool without being big headed..don't run with the pack ( idependent thinkers ) & most of all know what a woman wants...after all..Mac OS is laid out as beautifully & as elegantly as a woman's curves...without all the extra junkcode or bloat.

So its only natural that they would find us irresistable....

hey aqua, I showed her your post and she got a good laugh out of it

She's still using my mac though. Damnit! (she's getting quite good at the k'note thing though) I should probably find a way to make it crash when she uses it. Too bad it's so damn hard
  • Reply 6 of 38
    wagneritewagnerite Posts: 174member
    keep your password secret... or the divx files will be discovered
  • Reply 7 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wagnerite

keep your password secret... or the divx files will be discovered

lol , thanks Wagnerite, I'll try to remember that!
  • Reply 8 of 38
    wagneritewagnerite Posts: 174member
    gotta love OSX's login/permission
  • Reply 9 of 38
    jesperasjesperas Posts: 524member
    Heh, used to have the exact same problem...'til I bought her an iBook.
  • Reply 10 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by jesperas

Confucius say

" Way to man's heart is thru stomach..way to woman's heart is thru Mac "
  • Reply 11 of 38
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    When my wife was in college (and we were just dating) she bought herself a Dell for her dorm room. When we moved in together we ended up with 3 computers. My Mac, her Dell and the PC I built.

She basically never uses the Dell anymore. I keep telling her I'll give her my G4 (and get myself a new Power Mac ) but rationalizing 4 computers in the house is pretty tough. Hopefully I'll be able to change her mind when/if the 970s come out.

Oh, I even caught her using my new iPod the other day! 8)
  • Reply 12 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by jesperas

It seems we have a solution here, dont it? So when the 15" alu unit hits the streets I'll place an order for one, with or without the 970
  • Reply 13 of 38
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Buy her a PB for her birthday? Yes, I think so. By then (sept 11) I hope Apple have come out with the new 15" (hopefully with the 970).

i hate to burst the levity bubble, but her birthday is sept. 11th? ouch. i guess someone has to be born on that day...
  • Reply 14 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

i hate to burst the levity bubble, but her birthday is sept. 11th? ouch. i guess someone has to be born on that day...

It was probably the sadest birthday ever .
  • Reply 15 of 38
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    My gal always snatch my mac away from me to play Bubble Trouble.
  • Reply 16 of 38
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

It seems we have a solution here, dont it? So when the 15" alu unit hits the streets I'll place an order for one, with or without the 970

lucky women!
  • Reply 17 of 38
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

It was probably the sadest birthday ever .

it's my dad's birthday too
  • Reply 18 of 38
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    Quote:

And iTunes is the perfect party jukebox. Everybody finds it easy and fast to use. So we seldom hear more than 30 secs of songs before another one starts \

This is so true, and so annoying. I almost appreciate partys at people houses, when they dont have macs.

also the volume keys on the keyboard, are too easy to access, someone will hit mute, than like a second later its getting louder. yuck.
  • Reply 19 of 38
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Buy her a PB for her birthday? Yes, I think so. By then (sept 11) I hope Apple have come out with the new 15" (hopefully with the 970). That should make her happy dont you think I think I'll better buy her an iPod too.

Look, I want to make one thing clear: I want to be your girlfriend. Now.
  • Reply 20 of 38
    retrograderetrograde Posts: 503member
    I finally convinced my wife to buy a Titanium 1GHz 8)

Instead, it took time for her to pry my fingers off her Ti and return to my iBook