Fellow Milwaukee Bucks fans?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
They chose my boy TJ Ford with the 8th pick of the draft. Was a bit disappointed that he didn't go #9 to the Knicks but what are you going to do.

Instant Bucks fan, now I'm going to NBA.com to see who the hell is on their team aside from Gary Payton...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

They chose my boy TJ Ford with the 8th pick of the draft. Was a bit disappointed that he didn't go #9 to the Knicks but what are you going to do.

Instant Bucks fan, now I'm going to NBA.com to see who the hell is on their team aside from Gary Payton...

i was a huge bucks fan, season tix, when i lived there. moved a few years ago. still a huge fan. had huge hopes when they hired karl. huger hopes when they hired grunfeld as gm.

then they traded ray. broke my heart.

don't count on payton he's history, cassell will probably be traded. senator herb kohl (probably the most decent owner in sports, that doesn't make waves or interferes) is trying to sell the team. michael jordan is trying to buy.

i mean i've been a cub fan my whole life so i'm used to the heartbreak thing, but watching this team the last few years and all the promise blown. it has broken my heart.

maybe ford can help.

other than him they have tim thomas who could be a great one but is streaky, toni kukoc, my mvp for last year. desmond mason who they got in the ray allen deal has no ceiling they say. and michael redd who was the #1 3-point shooter in the nba last year. and anthony mason who was the straw the started the camels back to break.

ford is a great player, and will be needed to fill the holes cassell and

payton's departures will leave. but they still haven't addressed their biggest need and that's a bruiser under the boards, but welcome to the eastern conference.

here's the milwaukee sentinel's bucks files, this will get you up to speed on reality to the bucks situation as opposed to the blue skies and lollipops nba site

one more thing they are the most ignored good (playoff bound) team in the nba, the year they went to the eastern conference finals they were on network zero times/tnt once.

last year a little better maybe four times but no network. plan on buying nba season pass if you want to see them on the dish.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Damnit! No TV?

I really wish he had gone to Knicks now. He's an exciting player to watch.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Damnit! No TV?

I really wish he had gone to Knicks now. He's an exciting player to watch.

whoa! the knicks didn't get much more tube time last year.

the bucks have a tremendous upside, it's just they have the whole ownership obstacle, karl is problematic too.

in a perfect world bucks get an non jordan owner, keep grunfeld, (grunfeld built the good 90's knicks teams) fire karl, lose cassell, payton, and anthony mason, and sign some free agents, boom playoffs again.

but even at the worst ford is better off with the bucks than the knicks. the knicks are 20 lbs of shit in a 10lb bag. other than the tv thing (and the knicks weren't on that much more than the bucks last year!) if he's your favorite player he's in a great place. milwaukeans will take him to heart and give him the space he'll need to develop in his rookie year, he wouldn't have gotten that in nyc.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    Quote:

milwaukeans will take him to heart and give him the space he'll need to develop in his rookie year, he wouldn't have gotten that in nyc.

True enough, I just never associate the Bucks with good basketball. Mainly because I am a Western Conference guy.

Speaking of the Mavs we just got Josh Howard. I know Mavs fans wanted Dampe but that guy isn't going to be here for a couple more years.

I am excited for TJ to be in a laid-back place that will be nice to him, but I want to see him shine under the big spotlight. The Knicks might not be in it now but they will attract it if they get good again.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    that's why it's been so frustrating the last couple of years, the east is just sitting there for taking!

i think the west lost much of it's allure and glamour this season. it's still the dominant conference, but attrition is taking it's toll.

all the messiahs of the nba have found the spotlight to be pretty harsh, as poor (well not literally) lebron is going to find out this year.

and man the knicks are a good 3-4 years away from being good again, they have dug them selves a deep deep hole. and all the moves they are contemplating, well let's just hope they don't make it worse.

what am i saying? bucks and knicks are strong rivals and have had intense matchups since latrell has been there. (latrell is from milwaukee)

screw the knicks man.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    Also, given what insufferable jack-asses the Knick fans seem to be, I am again glad he didn't go there.

Milwaukee is looking better and better.

Go TJ!
  • Reply 7 of 23
    there you go....hell i'm even pumped now!

although i'm going to watch my fave ray allen (he used to buy c.d.'s in my shop) with sonics next season.

sonics also have peja drobnak who has the best site of any athelete. it's hilarious!
  • Reply 8 of 23
    That website is hilarious, indeed. Peja just gained a fan.

For anyone watching the draft: What is up with Mark Cuban sporting a freaking wifebeater on national television? Jeez.

I'm reading a lot about the Bucks and I'm definitely happy with the deal.

I guess the lineup will be:

1 - Payton* / Ford

2 - Cassell / Redd

3 - D. Mason / Thomas

4 - Kukoc

5 - A. Mason / Johnson

Straighten me out. I see no big man at all. I thought the Mavs were hurting with Raef but the Bucks don't even have that!

Losing Ray Allen... that hurts. He's a baller.

Go Bucks!
  • Reply 9 of 23
    GO BUCKS! Long time Milwaukee Bucks fan, hell Ivw lived here for most of my life. My friends work for the Bucks. Michael Jordan might buy the team and move them to New Orleans or something like that. The selling of the team has been all over the news lately. Good to hear you are a Bucks fan groverat. Welcome to the family.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    I am as long as TJ is there. If he gets traded I'm gone with him.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Ford sucks, and Payton is gone. So much for Texas ever making the NCAA tournament again So many players I wouldve drafted ahead of TJ Ford with way more potential.

LAMPE!!!
  • Reply 12 of 23
    casecomcasecom Posts: 314member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

the bucks have a tremendous upside

That's their problem: they've had "tremendous upside" for, oh, what, the past 10 years now? Year after year they fail to deliver.

(CaseCom = Milwaukee resident 1994-2000)
  • Reply 13 of 23
    adpowersadpowers Posts: 188member
    You guys are sad you lost Ray Allen, we are sad we lost GP and Desmond Mason. Oh well, Ray Allen seems like a nice guy. At the games, they go "Yaba daba doo!" for Peja Drobnjak because they say he looks like Fred Flinstone. He used to be my favorite Sonics player, but I am beginning to like Reggie Evans more. He is almost always happy and excited. Plus he jumps to his feet whenver a good play is made. He is funny to watch.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    i think they've only had a tremendous upside since karl has been there.

i was around during the dunleavy/ford era and they showed sparks but i thought they were unable to close out. plus it was evident that they hated ford, he'd call a time out and set up a play, they'd come out and turn it over, i swear 90% of the time.

senator kohl will not sell to anyone who will move the team.

he saved the team from being moved when he bought it, he maybe disenchanted but he won't let jordan move them. i mean he's the senator for the state of wisconsin, it would not look good for him to sell to carpetbaggers.

the only reason payton might stay is because of a jordan ownership. he wants back in the west big-time. there were rumors that jordan was calling the shots in last nights draft.

i like mark cuban, you know the mavs locker room is totally teched out?

T1 lines in every locker stall.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    The Bucks have upside now that they have TJ.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    Bucks trade Sam Cassell and Ervin Johnson to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Anthony Peeler and Joe Smith.

Joe Smith is serviceable inside (Johnson was not) and Peeler can shoot from the outside. Cassell is the best player in the deal, will be good for the Wolves.

Hopefully the Bucks resign Payton, I'd love to have TJ play under him for a year or two learning how to be a solid NBA PG.

The Bucks need to unload A. Mason and grab Jermaine O'Neal.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    getting rid of cassell is a plus, i like smith, peeler ....eh? no biggie.

ervin he was real classy. never complained except about his own ability, but always did what he was asked. he won't be missed play-wise but everyone liked him.

karl dumped him in seattle, and when karl came to milwaukee everyone thought ervin would be history, but i think george came to like him.

prediction: cassell is a walking disruptive influence, one that will blow the wolves fragile team unity apart. they may as well have brought laettner back.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    I did not know that Cassell was a team cancer. Good to know he's gone then. I want no bad vibes around my boy.

And since I want no bad vibes around my boy, good news, Kohl keeps the Bucks!. See ya, MJ, don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out, get your spotlight at some other team's expense you primadonna!

Also, Larry Harris has been promoted to GM after Grunfeld's firing.

Does this mean anything to you, superkaratemonkeydeathcar?

GO BUCKS!

• Reply 19 of 23
    the slate is now clean

is carlisle still available?
  • Reply 20 of 23
    oh wait, anthony mason is still there, not quite clean yet.