This board is so boring now

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Does anyone remember the good old days with kormac and excitement and rumors and mockups and shit? WTF happened this board is so boring and no one has a sense of humor....all I see are geek funnies

someone make up something or be interesting!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 37
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Quote:

Originally posted by psychobass213

Does anyone remember the good old days with kormac and excitement and rumors and mockups and shit? WTF happened this board is so boring and no one has a sense of humor....all I see are geek funnies

Check.
  • Reply 2 of 37
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Good ole days? Coming from a Newbie with 11 posts? Hard har har har har.
  • Reply 3 of 37
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    CONFIRMED: G5 iPods slated to ship Q4.

Also, blue dalmation mice and keyboards from Apple (wireless, of course)

OS XI is in beta.

The Apple handheld/tablet thing is only weeks away.

Mockups to follow...

\

How's that?
  • Reply 4 of 37
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I'd have to agree...now that the G5 is out, and Panther isn't any secret, there isn't as much of that hype and fun speculation in the air. Appleinsider is still fun, but Future Hardware has become kind of dull.
  • Reply 5 of 37
    Yeah...just wait 'till MWSF...you should get some "excitement" then.
  • Reply 6 of 37
    Well wait til the G5 comes out and then everyone will be whining again about how it's slower than a P4 and bitchin' about "Where is the 980/G6, the G5 bites Apple worms", not enough storage, how come I can't get 16GB of memory per chip, 23" display is too small, etc,etc,etc.
  • Reply 7 of 37
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 450member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bigc

Well wait til the G5 comes out and then everyone will be whining again about how it's slower than a P4 and bitchin' about "Where is the 980/G6, the G5 bites Apple worms", not enough storage, how come I can't get 16GB of memory per chip, 23" display is too small, etc,etc,etc.

• Reply 8 of 37
    maniamania Posts: 104member
    i dont think he's bitchin about the mac itself but the fact that no one here knows anything and 99.99% of new posts are mere speculation.
  • Reply 9 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by mania

i dont think he's bitchin about the mac itself but the fact that no one here knows anything and 99.99% of new posts are mere speculation.

As compared to what, only 98.9% being pure BS before?
  • Reply 10 of 37
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Kickaha and Amorph couldn't moderate themselves out of a paper bag. Abdicate responsibility and succumb to idiocy. Two years of letting a member make personal attacks against others, then stepping aside when someone won't put up with it. Not only that but go ahead and shut down my posting priviledges but not the one making the attacks. Not even the common decency to abide by their warning (afer three days of absorbing personal attacks with no mods in sight), just shut my posting down and then say it might happen later if a certian line is crossed. Bullshit flag is flying, I won't abide by lying and coddling of liars who go off-site, create accounts differing in a single letter from my handle with the express purpose to decieve and then claim here that I did it. Everyone be warned, kim kap sol is a lying, deceitful poster.

Now I guess they should have banned me rather than just shut off posting priviledges, because kickaha and Amorph definitely aren't going to like being called to task when they thought they had it all ignored *cough* *cough* I mean under control. Just a couple o' tools.

Don't worry, as soon as my work resetting my posts is done I'll disappear forever.
  • Reply 11 of 37
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

The board is as good as the membership.

If you want it to be more interesting, contribute something interesting.

Moving to, um, well, we don't have an Armchair Quarterback forum, so...

Suggestions it is.
  • Reply 12 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Good ole days? Coming from a Newbie with 11 posts? Hard har har har har.

i obviously didn't have the same name back then smarty
  • Reply 13 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by mania

exactly and no one is even claiming to have insider info anymore...it's not anyones fault, apple is probably just cracking down on leaks

I don't know what it is really, it's just not exciting anymore but maybe it will change when a big expo is on the way
  • Reply 14 of 37
    beakeebeakee Posts: 64member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bigc

Do you guys know of any applications today that need more than a dual 2Ghz G5 w/ 8GB of RAM and twin 250Gb hard drives w/ dual 23" displays??!!! (Maybe if you're making a Pixar movie) But seriously, that system could conceivably satisfy most users until it literally stops working!
  • Reply 15 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Beakee

Do you guys know of any applications today that need more than a dual 2Ghz G5 w/ 8GB of RAM and twin 250Gb hard drives w/ dual 23" displays??!!! (Maybe if you're making a Pixar movie) But seriously, that system could conceivably satisfy most users until it literally stops working!

I'm willin' to try one out before I start bitchin', but I'm sure it is not going to do real time rendering for my needs, but it will beat the hell out of my dual gigger.

Now if they were only $1499...
  • Reply 16 of 37
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

i obviously didn't have the same name back then smarty

Yes and obviously you didn't fall for my lame attempt and finding out just what that name was

Where's a workerbee when you need him?

I agree...we need something that no one is doing now. But Apple can wait until I buy my next Mac because I don't want to be left out!
  • Reply 17 of 37
    I have only been following these boards for 2 years or so, but this does seem to be the slowest, most inactive rumor period I can remember. There was so much pent up geek lust for the G5 that once it was announced and the initial afterglow period subsided things have just simmered down. I still come and check out whats going on, but my desire to spend mass amounts of time going through every topic is waning.

What potential product announcement would re-engage that now defunct geek lust that I had?

A 15.4" G5 PowerBook(with built in iSight and always on highspeed internet connectivity[ie. Sprint Aircard type thingy with Apple elegance] backlit keyboard, fuel-cell power... or maybe a trash powered nuclear reactor like the professor put onto the Delorean in back to the future... Or maybe an apple wristwatch with airport (or somesort of high speed bluetooth) connectivity so that you could have iChat AV conversations anytime you are near your laptop and it would just stream wirelessly. I am just babbling, but where is the next supercool innovation. Or at least the next potential innovation that i can drool about.
  • Reply 18 of 37
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Don´t be boring

Be a smartie

Come and join

the AO party
  • Reply 19 of 37
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Don´t be boring

Be a smartie

Come and join

the AO party

Free beer? For me?
  • Reply 20 of 37
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Ah, Apple Outsider:

"Where right-wing conservatives and bleeding-heart liberals duke it out daily!"®

or...

"We don't know the meaning of the word 'moderate.'"®

or...

"Takes the term 'Personal Attacks' to a whole new level."®

or finally...

"CONFIRMED: We're insane!"®