Pure curiosity: Will you purchase Panther?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Well? m.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 33
    of course i'll buy it... like a mosquito into the light...

NeilyB
  • Reply 2 of 33
    ummm let me think...

YES!
  • Reply 3 of 33
    ya!
  • Reply 4 of 33
    Quote:

100.00%

Saw that one coming.
  • Reply 5 of 33
    It had to be done! I expected the results to be this, but I was simply curious! m.
  • Reply 6 of 33
    Apple would be very happy

Quote:

Total:.........47 votes.........100%

• Reply 7 of 33
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I'm the single no vote so far...

I get it on my Student Developer Connection membership.
  • Reply 8 of 33
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Wish I could. After getting the 12" I just can't.
  • Reply 9 of 33
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    $69 EDU pricing - $20 .mac re-subscribing benefits = happy camper
  • Reply 10 of 33
    Absolutely.
  • Reply 11 of 33
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Family Pack, yes.
  • Reply 12 of 33
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Provided, of course, that the G3 is supported.
  • Reply 13 of 33
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    Not only for me but for all the Macs in our building! 10.3 makes an old iMac a very usable machine (again!).
  • Reply 14 of 33
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Quote:

Originally posted by anand

Not only for me but for all the Macs in our building! 10.3 makes an old iMac a very usable machine (again!).

How so?

Maybe I have not been following the Panther threads closely enough, but what great improvements are expected on old iMacs?
  • Reply 15 of 33
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    If pirating counts as buying, well sure...

Just kidding.

My Mom's probably going to get a copy of Panther free for being a teacher, like what Apple did with Jaguar. If not, she'll get it for $60 with an edu discount.
  • Reply 16 of 33
    I notice a lot of folks misquoting the .edu price lately. Just a notice... It's $69 for Jag, I'd expect the same for the rest of the cats... Also don't forget your shipping.
  • Reply 17 of 33
    Yes, *sighs* I am one who suffers from "thelatestgreatestgottahaveit" syndrome. I do think that there are enough new and updated things to warrant a new price..though I am a bit put off that if it is a full pop. I think that apple should at least offer an upgrade price for those who either pre-order it, or even those of us who have bought the other version(s) of OSX. You see by treating us (those of us Apple users whom suffer from the above said affliction) need to be soothed by apple and our pocket books given a small break now and again. We need the OS to run all of the uber-cool gadgets that Apple makes...so it would behoove them to help us help them. They make most of their money from the hardware we buy..so let make it easier on us to buy the hardware..and give us a break on the cool, uber-sweet OSX.3!!
  • Reply 18 of 33
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I have three computers that need to come up the same rev.
  • Reply 19 of 33
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yes they should have an upgrade price for people who bought a Mac this year. At leat $99, I mean come on!
  • Reply 20 of 33
    I voted yes. But after my project is done (a month?) i will be buying a dual. So by that time pantehr should be out or at the very least an upgrade path announced...