Matrix Revolutions

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i just thought i'd start a thread to see if anyone has any interesting matrix revolutions theories.. there is a great forum at killermovies.com

i made a site with some desktop backgrounds i made, and it has links to the forum and some other stuff... enjoy!

www.geocities.com/matrixrevhq

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I have this theory that if they replaced Keanu Reeves with that chick from UNDERWORLD that has the skin tight leather outfits even more people would go see the film.

Sorry. At least this was good for a bump.
  • Reply 2 of 30
    ill add my bump. im probably a week behind everyone, but i just saw the theatrical traler. looks very good, but who is the blindfolded guy (sans eyes, by the looks of it), is that neo? i couldnt quite tell, and it didnt quite sound like him.
  • Reply 3 of 30
    I am very very stoked for revolutions. I am a big matrix fan, I really really liked reloaded, despite what anyone says the movies are food for thought, and anything that makes you think like that is alright in my book .

I just hope the ending isn't a cop out.
  • Reply 4 of 30
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    I think Neo is gonna die or at least become one with the Matrix permanently. It would continue the christ myth. he died, rose from the dead and now he's going to "ascend into heaven" = merge with the matrix. Or maybe just flat out die to save humanity.
  • Reply 5 of 30
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    there are two scenes int he trailer where neo is wearing a blindfold... once when he tells the mainframe computer that he won't fail. the second time is at one point in the ship, and there is blood seeping from behind the blindfold. draw your own conclusions.

actually, there are even more allusions to buddhism in the matrix movies than there is christianity (though there are those pieces as well).

i think a lot of people who disliked reloaded will want to re-watch it once they see revolutions in its entirity. reloaded was, as the ending implies, a two-plus-hour setup for the grand finale.

just keep in mind, if you saw any of the animatrix shorts, none of the wachowski storylines ever have a truly "happy" ending.
  • Reply 6 of 30
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    There's also a scene in the trailer where you see the dark sky, and another scene where you see the ship going down with a normal blue sky with clouds in the background.
  • Reply 7 of 30
    i also like the subway car with the destination of "loop" on its front. i have a theory as to this little plant...

if i am a betting man, the humans succeed in the revolution, BUT it turns out that the computer simply gave them this revolution to fight and win to never actually realize they're still stuck in the matrix. in a way, it would explain why neo can seemingly affect even real-world items like the sentinels... they're just in another part of the matrix.

like i said, the wachowskis aren't exactly fans of the "happy" ending.
  • Reply 8 of 30
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

just keep in mind, if you saw any of the animatrix shorts, none of the wachowski storylines ever have a truly "happy" ending.

Perhaps, but the studio probably didn't care what they did in the animatrix. It's hard to imagine any ending other than the people beating the machines. But who knows? I think it would be great if they had a different kind of ending that really worked. Maybe Neo, like the other Ones, will make a decision to keep the matrix going because otherwise humanity would die completely. But the reason that I feel that won't happen is that it really wouldn't be an ending. If that happened, the three movies resulted in no change for their world. Something has to change for it to have been worthwhile, and it's hard to imagine anything other than the defeat of the machines.
  • Reply 9 of 30
    I'm still too annoyed about the stupid crusty rave party and the shovel-loads of half baked pseudo-philosophy in Reloaded to care too much about Revolutions. The Martrix was a good sci-fi action movie with a half decent plot and a well chosen selection of other people's ideas...then the Wachowski's got their hands on a big bunch of cash and proceeded to stick it up their noses. Only plausable explanation. The best I can hope for is some cool explosions and the lovely Carrie-Anne Moss kicking ass and taking names.

One interesting thing I noticed in the forums for that site is that all the posters appear to be completely unable to distinguish between the words "their", "they're" and "there".
  • Reply 10 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Perhaps, but the studio probably didn't care what they did in the animatrix.

considering the fact that the matrix video game, animatrix shorts (especially last flight of the osiris), and the online comics ALL tie into each other, i believe you can look at all of it like a continuous body of work.

and how can we as mac users possibly ignore the possibility of, rather than an ending, there being an "infinite loop."

• Reply 11 of 30
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Is it me or is Revolutions completely ripping off BattleTech, MechWarrior and Heavy Gear with their gun-toting walking robot machines?
  • Reply 12 of 30
    Man did they tank an otherwise promising sequal with Reloaded... they had better have magic in their pants because I don't look forward to Revolutions...
  • Reply 13 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

Is it me or is Revolutions completely ripping off BattleTech, MechWarrior and Heavy Gear with their gun-toting walking robot machines?

don't forget Aliens
  • Reply 14 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

answer me this... how would you make a gun-toting exoskeleton and NOT rip off at least one of the sources you mentioned above (or, to a certain extent, aliens and ripley's construction exo)? there just isn't a heck of a lot you can bring to the concept of "battle-ready exo."
  • Reply 15 of 30
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

answer me this... how would you make a gun-toting exoskeleton and NOT rip off at least one of the sources you mentioned above (or, to a certain extent, aliens and ripley's construction exo)? there just isn't a heck of a lot you can bring to the concept of "battle-ready exo."

Yeah, you're probably right.

I've been waiting for a real, played straight, live-action "MechWarrior" movie for a long long time. I know the guys over at FASA Corp very well and they've tried getting a movie setup for over a decade now with no luck. Jordon Weisman and author Michael Stackpole wrote a really cool film treatment for MechWarrior, but none of the studios "got it". Perhaps these Mech style exo's will convince Hollywood that fighting robots can be cool if done right.
  • Reply 16 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

uh... try "Starship Troopers" by R.A.Heinlein, published in 1959.

Battle Armor can be found in many earlier writings, but RAH made it central to augmented human combat.
  • Reply 17 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

uh... try "Starship Troopers" by R.A.Heinlein, published in 1959.

Battle Armor can be found in many earlier writings, but RAH made it central to augmented human combat.

EXCELLENT BOOK! How in the hell did that crap of a movie get 'based' on that book. The book was sweeeeeet! The movie was craaaaaap.
  • Reply 18 of 30
    "You're gonna be OK, Diz."

"No, Johnny, I'm dying. But it's OK because... I got to have you."

That movie ruled
  • Reply 19 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

it turns out that the computer simply gave them this revolution to fight and win to never actually realize they're still stuck in the matrix.

All too reminiscent of a TNG episode (Ship in a Bottle) where Picard and others are in a holodeck on the Enterprise which is in turn actually in the holodeck of the Enterprise. Damn smart computers!

Okay, I'll go away now.
  • Reply 20 of 30
    that episode was kewl. i like how "holo" geordi was confused when data realized that they were still on the holodeck and threw something at the "wall"