Matrix Revoltutions

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Oh damn. I misspelled 'Revolutions' in the title. Oh well, can't change it now.

I'm looking forward to it quite a bit. But I just get a bad feeling about how they're going to resolve things. I probably won't be able to see it for a while, so post your thoughts here so I can gnash and wince at the bad ending, all while keeping my hopes up that it's really better than what everyone is saying.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    The machines didn't win. They lost. Everyone is a robot including Neo.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    Neo wakes up next to Bob Newhart.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    I'm pretty excited as well, if for nothing else than to have a few questions resolved per Reloaded.

For one, how the heck did Neo stop the machine assault in the 'real' world? And by the same token, how did agent Smith infiltrate what's-his-name's body? The whole 'Matrix within a Matrix' idea doesn't fly with me at all, and I'm curious as to how the W Bros. explain this.

For two, I'd like to know if Neo was the first to pick love over life, or if every other 5 avatars did the same...thus continuing the same (but different than the Architect said would happen) cycle.

And for three, Neo is the 6th avatar. Come on, we all know that the number 6 never wins or ever gets squat. So that leads me to believe that the child of Neo and Trinity (hey, you don't have a 4-smiley scene in a movie without future ramifications) is truly 'The One'. Much as Anakein was thought to be 'The One', yet his son Luke was truly 'The One'.

*geek*
  • Reply 4 of 23
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    turns out Neo really died in the first one. the rest was just Trinity's dream.

at the end she wakes up. then gets torn apart by the machines.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Do showings start tomorrow? (Yes, I live under a rock. Would you like some moss?)

If so, I'm gonna go see it- gotta day off, gonna beat the crowds!
  • Reply 6 of 23
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

turns out Neo really died in the first one. the rest was just Trinity's dream.

at the end she wakes up. then gets torn apart by the machines.

Listen buddy, if this is another one of your 'I can't believe they killed off Hagrid at the end' posts.....
  • Reply 7 of 23
    Plot summaries are widely available on the net.

Here's one: DON'T CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by TR

The machines didn't win. They lost. Everyone is a robot including Neo.

Yeah, I've heard this one too, it's a very nice exit, but is kind of flawed, oh well, I won't nitpick it so close to the deadline, I got my tickets, I'm really really looking forward to it.

I watched 'the matrix' on TBS the other night and inbetween commercials they talked about revolutions and stuff, one of the executive producers, and most of the cast said that they were really excited about the series because it wraps up nicely, and the ending is well done.

granted this is from as biased a source you can get, I'm glad SOMEONE is confidant it will have a satisfying ending.

either way, I'm sure I'll enjoy the movie a lot, even if the ending is disappointing.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    I actually just say reloaded yesterday for the first time, and dammit, I thought it was better than the first.

The only reason why I watched it, though, is because my friend told me that he's going to get tickets for a showing sometime this week, and I couldn't bear seeing the 3rd without having seen the second.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    remember what i told you people in the other matrix thread recently -- the wachowskis do not do happy endings.

period.

(dammit, my brain just isn't working correctly lately... can't believe i misspelled their names)
  • Reply 11 of 23
    i thought we were just guessing the lamest possible endings.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    To quote from a review:
    Quote:

If this is what big-budget freedom does to filmmakers, they should be kept in chains. Louder, longer, more expensive and dumber than its predecessors, "Revolutions" is a mediocrity that will provide escapism only to those who head for the theater exits.

and guessing from the second film and its semi psuedo- profundity this was to be expected . . .
  • Reply 13 of 23
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    The professional film critics are weighing in! The movie sucks!

From this Rolling Stone review:

Quote:

At the risk of understatement, The Matrix Revolutions sucks.

• Reply 14 of 23
    lol, i read the plot summary and i still don't get it.

oh yeah, this'll be a good movie.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    yeah, people said the same damn things about reloaded, and i liked it. i just don't understand why there's such a division over these movies. usually, some people like a movie, some don't. but they don't usually get into verbal fisticuffs like they do over these.

weird.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i'm gonna see it. maybe thurs or fri. an odd thing i've noticed is there aren't a lot of t.v. commercials. maybe i've been watching the wrong shows/channels, but i haven't seen any t.v. spots that i can remember.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

i'm gonna see it. maybe thurs or fri. an odd thing i've noticed is there aren't a lot of t.v. commercials. maybe i've been watching the wrong shows/channels, but i haven't seen any t.v. spots that i can remember.

really? i've seen almost every one. in fact, i was getting worried that they were going to reveal too much in all the smaller trailers they've let out of the bag (each one includes about 3 seconds of footage not shown in any other trailer).

if nothing else, the fight scenes look like they will be enjoyable eye candy on the big screen. and i can always get into hugo weaving as the ultimate bad guy. that rolling stone review just sounded like they went in expecting a particular ending, and the wachowskis didn't do it.

in fact, if anything, RS implied they leave the ending almost as open-ended as the original matrix. i suppose that would tick me off, going in expecting SOME sort of final payoff.

even if it turns out the "revolution" was all an elaborate computer program to give the sleeping people something to occupy them to prevent them from actually waking up. i mean, that's STILL a payoff, depressing as it might be. but if it all turns out to be some expansion pack of the sims that some kid was playing, i will throw shit at the screen. not the generic "stuff i can't be bothered to identify for lack of an imagination." i am talking actual fecal matter hitting the screen, and then a quick dash out the closest fire escape.

hell, it's gottsa be better than the upcoming "looney tunes: back in action," right?
  • Reply 18 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

I actually just say reloaded yesterday for the first time, and dammit, I thought it was better than the first.

The only reason why I watched it, though, is because my friend told me that he's going to get tickets for a showing sometime this week, and I couldn't bear seeing the 3rd without having seen the second.

Oh man, I wish I was watching the same movie as you because I couldn't stand it. I wanted to. I loved the first one. I thought the fight scenes were boring and the plot was uninteresting. I hated the entire Zion part. All around a disappointment.

A little off topic, sort of..... anyone here see Equilibrium? It's kind of a Matrix rip off, but I enjoyed it more. The fight scenes with guns are great.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Plot summaries are widely available on the net.

Here's one: DON'T CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW

Okay I read it. Now my question is what the hell did I read? I know that the plot is far out and complicated but please tell me this summary is very poorly written.
  • Reply 20 of 23
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Don't discuss it here. Discuss it in a clearly labeled spoilers thread.