Opposite of Negative

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I think that many are as sick as I am of the constant negative slant with regard to anything that this country or it's president does.

I started this thread to get everyone out of the typical if it bleeds it leads mentality. I want to see if we as adults can keep a thread civil and positive.

If it's possible guys, let's all be intellectually honest and non confrontational here.

I would like us all to recap the last four years in respect to good things that this country and it's governing entities have done, including this president. Lets also try to keep the politics and sarcasm aside.

I will start.

Apr 2001: A Chinese fighter jet downs a US spy plane without provocation causing an international incident. China held the crew for 11 days, until the Bush Administration negotiated their release saving lives.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 118
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    My response was going to be: "Yup, that was the only good thing the pres did."

However, I really didn't think the thread would remain civil after someone posted something like that so I didn't.
  • Reply 2 of 118
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Edit: My bad.
  • Reply 3 of 118
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I'll play.

Libya's "coming clean".

nb - I don't assign credit for this to anyone in particular. I just think it's a good thing.
  • Reply 4 of 118
    I have got one: Finally we have proof that saddam complied with most of the un resolutions.
  • Reply 5 of 118
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

"They misunderestimated me." ?George W. Bush, Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

I still love to use that word.
  • Reply 6 of 118
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    All I have to say is "SCHOOLS AND ROADS!" We built SCHOOLS AND ROADS!
  • Reply 7 of 118
    bill gates contributed 200 M to malaria research... which is probably more or less the tax break he got..
  • Reply 8 of 118
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    i bet alot of really cool people were born in the last 4 years.
  • Reply 9 of 118
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Bush has given comedians tons of material, which has resulted in much laughter all over the US, which has made many people happy.
  • Reply 10 of 118
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Sept 2001: This country leads the world to unite in defeating terrorism.

At the same time, both branches of congress unites in a cause, along with virtually all of the free world.
  • Reply 11 of 118
    i guess in some circles this might be a good thing: the NIH budget has been frozen...
  • Reply 12 of 118
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

Sept 2001: This country leads the world to unite in defeating terrorism.

At the same time, both branches of congress unites in a cause, along with virtually all of the free world.

Are you trying to sabotage your own thread???
  • Reply 13 of 118
  • Reply 14 of 118
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I think that he's (indirectly) gotten a lot of people's ears perked up and eyes turned towards politics and world affairs, though this might be his undoing if they don't like what they see/hear.
  • Reply 15 of 118
    along those lines: bush shows that even the most average american from the uber-wealthy can be president... prior to that you had to have some of what us common folks call smarts...
  • Reply 16 of 118
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    We haven't invaded Poland...yet.
  • Reply 17 of 118
    george bush stole hassan's bike, teaching him a vital lesson about insurance and life...
  • Reply 18 of 118
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Manufacturing jobs increased after some creative classification. Also the number of salmon has increased again due to creative counting. Bush and his admin are very creative to say the least.
  • Reply 19 of 118
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    The arsenic levels are down in our water.

Nick
  • Reply 20 of 118
    we can again just blame our laziness for our terrible condition, for a while there external factors contributed some significant fraction of the causes, but now we again have the mantra of self-made men...