Intel Inside Stickers

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
So, are the Intel Macs going to have the Intel stickers on them?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 71
    fotnsfotns Posts: 301member
    Perhaps not the standard Intel stickers, but I'm sure Intel will want Apple to advertise which CPUs are inside the box.
  • Reply 2 of 71
    Well to me, it seems like Intel is getting a ton of free advertising right now. And Apple hasn't ship any Intel Macs yet.
  • Reply 3 of 71
    reidreid Posts: 190member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent

So, are the Intel Macs going to have the Intel stickers on them?

Dude, the last two Dells they gave me at work didn't even have "Intel Inside" stickers on them. Unless it was on the cardboard box...
  • Reply 4 of 71
    kwsanderskwsanders Posts: 327member
    I was not sure about my wife's laptop that we got for her not too long ago. It is a Dell 6000 and it does have the Intel Inside sticker on it.
  • Reply 5 of 71
    NO STICKERS EVER
  • Reply 6 of 71
    I really dont think Steve would let a crappy intel sticker ruin the aesthetic value of his babies.... there will be absolutely no sticker! Ill bet my left one on it.

b.
  • Reply 7 of 71
    feraliferali Posts: 175member
    maybe theyll be a laser engraved imprint of the sticker. that would be the best thing to do if they HAD to put a sign of intel on it.
  • Reply 8 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ferali

maybe theyll be a laser engraved imprint of the sticker. that would be the best thing to do if they HAD to put a sign of intel on it.

makes it hard to peel off...

I wouldn't mind them on the boxes though...
  • Reply 9 of 71
    Apple made Intel their bitch. You see how Intel's CEO embraced Jobs after the initial deal was made at WWDC? Intel is fed with MS.

No stickers. No engravings. Nothing. Maybe a tiny sticker on some unnoticeable place on the cardboard box, maybe a little thank you from Intel on the receipt, but otherwise the only thing Intel you'll see is inside, not outside.
  • Reply 10 of 71
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SoopaDrive

Apple made Intel their bitch.

• Reply 11 of 71
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Nope, ney, nada, nein, no fucking way will a Mac have an Intel Inside sticker on it.
  • Reply 12 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by SoopaDrive

Apple made Intel their bitch.

Yeah right. Look at how Apple's relationship with Motorola and IBM ended. Makes you wonder who the bitch really is. Apple's customers?
  • Reply 13 of 71
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    I disagree. Intel pays big bucks for you to put those stickers on there. Why should Apple refuse the money? Apple's no different from any of Intel's other customers. Get used to the stickers, boys.
  • Reply 14 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent

Yeah right. Look at how Apple's relationship with Motorola and IBM ended. Makes you wonder who the bitch really is. Apple's customers?

Times have changed. Yes we all know end users are the ones who really get it in the shorts, this isn't news. When you're dealing with a manufacturer that is a leading innovator in the digital media sector and dominates 1/3 of the digital audio market (and more than 2/3 of the digital music market, both of which aren't exactly small dollars), something which Intel is VERY interested in gaining market share, provides me with an explanation as to why Paul Otellini acts so obsequious around Jobs.

I maybe wrong, if so, cool, prove me wrong. This is just how I look at it. Who knows maybe Otellini is just "happy" to be teaming up with Jobs and thinks this will be a fun venture, making some good friends along the way, not really interested in the money making part.
  • Reply 15 of 71
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    What really bothers me is how people don't take those stickers off.
  • Reply 16 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

I disagree. Intel pays big bucks for you to put those stickers on there. Why should Apple refuse the money? Apple's no different from any of Intel's other customers. Get used to the stickers, boys.

IBM does the same - we didn't see any IBM stickers.
  • Reply 17 of 71
    maddanmaddan Posts: 75member
    Intel Inside will be on the cardboard box and in ads & commercials. That should enough for Apple to get the ad money from Intel.
  • Reply 18 of 71
    I don't understand all the hype over advertising a new processor. Apple will make an announcement on their website, maybe run a commercial about it, and that's it. We're still going to see the majority of advertisements for iPods - not computers. I hope I'm wrong as I want people to think of Apple more than just the iPod manufacturer, but it's not like Intel is some brand new thing out there. It's like Baskin Robins launching ad campaigns that they're now serving their ice cream with blue spoons instead of red spoons.
  • Reply 19 of 71
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

Oh come on! This is Apple we are talking about here. No amount of cash is worth it to fuck with the brand. This applies to Apple like no other company. Remember, some Harvard MBA doesn't makes these sort of decisions at Apple.
  • Reply 20 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

What really bothers me is how people don't take those stickers off.

I beleive there are two races of people on the planet. Those that tear the stickers off in the first minute and those that are somehow blind to their existence for the life of the product. You, me and I think many (most) fans of Apple are among the former subspecies.