Apple security finds leak inside Cupertino campus

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple Computer this week was able to locate and do away with a leak at its Cupertino, Calif.-based campus thanks to some swift action by a night patrol security guard.

According to the ABC Bay City News, California Water Service Co. crews are cleaning up what's left of a major water leak that left more than a foot of water lining the floor of one of the company's building at its Cupertino campus early Wednesday morning.

At one point more than 100 gallons of water per minute were flooding into the building from a leak under the first floor, a Santa Clara County Fire Department dispatcher said.

The leak was first reported at 12:55 a.m. Wednesday when a security guard called to report that water was coming out of a wall in the building, according to ABC. It was later determined that the leak was coming from under the building.

California Water Service Co. crews reportedly shut off the water at approximately 2:30 a.m. and were working to clean up damaged areas of the building, the dispatcher said.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 42
    Funny!
  • Reply 2 of 42
    WoW, this actually made news. Apple need to release something and soon.
  • Reply 3 of 42
    -df-df Posts: 136member
    I was hoping for a different kind of leak
  • Reply 4 of 42
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Alright, you got me. Cheeky bastard.
  • Reply 5 of 42
    Sources say that finding the leak wasn't hard, but getting Nick DePlume out of the sponge after was a real toughie.
  • Reply 6 of 42
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Nick has a girlfriend?!?

And she thinks he's *sponge-worthy*?

Ew.
  • Reply 7 of 42
    josa92josa92 Posts: 193member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grahamw

Sources say that finding the leak wasn't hard, but getting Nick DePlume out of the sponge after was a real toughie.

har har
  • Reply 8 of 42
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Oh good. I was afraid we'd lose a source of inside info... not that we've gotten much lately.. but still.
  • Reply 9 of 42
    waaa waaa waaa
  • Reply 10 of 42
    This story is just a metaphor. Now, you won't hear anything about the iPhone or the MacBook "Thin" until the moment Steve wants you to hear it, and our 100-gallon-a-minute source is resting comfortably under the sub-basement of the Winchester Mystery House!
  • Reply 11 of 42
    Great story. Made me laugh. Thanks.
  • Reply 12 of 42
    freenyfreeny Posts: 128member
    Note to myself:

Make friends with folks working at the Santa Clara County Fire Department as well as the California Water Service Co. Chances they had to sign non-disclosure forms very unlikely.
  • Reply 13 of 42
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    What? Not a single Aqua joke?

I am disappointed.

• Reply 14 of 42
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Hopefully that wasn't the basement where they keep the super secret code that lives a double life...

...next up waterproof ipod socks
  • Reply 15 of 42
    despite using an aqua interface daily the apple employees were blundered once they saw the leak!

that was downright bad...
  • Reply 16 of 42
    -well there you go. Now you're screwed, AppleInsider!!! Hah hah haaa!! -Security has finally caught your conniving 2-faced double-agent source inside apple's campus and plugged them up for good. -Serves you right, dirty f*%kers! ...

...Oh. -It's the Creative Headlines part of the class... How disappointing. -5 hit points from you, AppleInsider, you dirty f*%kers!
  • Reply 17 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by purpleshorts

Great story. Made me laugh. Thanks.

The spelling and grammar errors made me laugh... and them cry uncontrolably!

Quote:

...was able to located and do away with...

Quote:

...lining the floor of of one...

I am continually appalled at the lack of PROOFREADING at this site. I'm almost to the point where I would start my own rumor site just to repost the information WITHOUT STUPIDITY!!!

-Clive
  • Reply 18 of 42
    We know you wouldn't be any better at proof reading!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Clive At Five

The spelling and grammar errors made me laugh... and them cry uncontrolably!

-Clive

• Reply 19 of 42
    This story could've been funnier if they somehow tied in the fact that there is a BJ's Restaurant & Brewery next to Inifite Loop.

"BJ's comforted Apple employees while they waited for the leak to subside."
  • Reply 20 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlackSummerNight

We know you wouldn't be any better at proof reading!

Touche...

Then again, I never proof-read my comment. So who knows.

-Clive