An Extraordinary Idea...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Ok, I have an idea of a great app or software and also I build an animation with Keynote to show how it works, I'm not a programmer so I do not have a pre-build app or anything, but the idea is extraordinary. Anyone want to help me build this idea? anyone with free time and programming skills can work on it. I just want a partner and start something revolutionary. If you want to be part of something new (it's not a simple software, it's a whole new concept) and I want it to be just for Mac.

If you are interested just tell me and I will begin to send you information about the idea thru private massages or by email. it's not a joke.

Download the Keynote Presentation here:

Welcome to NOW 1.0

Comments

• Reply 1 of 51
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Looks like a multi-touch iMac. I think Apple is working on something like that.
  • Reply 2 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Looks like a multi-touch iMac. I think Apple is working on something like that.

Well, if Apple works on something like that it's too late, I just come up with the idea first.

And NO, it is not meant to be use as a touch screen as a first option, the hardware diagrams are just the examples of the expandability of the software and ease of use.
  • Reply 3 of 51
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    IIRC, there has already been a similar suite of applications named "NOW."
  • Reply 4 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

IIRC, there has already been a similar suite of applications named "NOW."

The name is not important as I stipulate in my description (included in the idea folder) I can name it whatever I want, the concept it's copyrighted, and that what's matter... The idea is unique.
  • Reply 5 of 51
    It seems like a rehash of the wizards that you used to find in Windows and Microsoft Office.
  • Reply 6 of 51
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    I can't make sense of the PDF, and I can't view the Keynote because I'm still waiting for Keynote 07

You took the idea of Multi Touch and stuck it on a Screen, that much I can tell just from the first Image. Good luck with that, it's not even a great concept right now because the software isn't there and the current system works fine, and there are already others working on Multi Touch. Then there is the small matter that HP is already working on an iMac Ripoff that does have a touch screen.

Sorry, your idea isn't that great, and you're behind on the times with it.

Sebastian
  • Reply 7 of 51
    Ok, the problem in here is that you are thinking like a geek for this concept. forget about everything you knew about interactive software, this is not for a multi-touch machine it will fit great that's why I design a similar hardware concept but is a software for any Mac, you need to use a mouse. and follow intructions. it will be an application for the non-geek user. if you think geek you would never understand this concept. in fact it is obvious that here I will not find a programmer, just critics. if you want to be part of it you are welcome, and then I'll accept your critic.

thanx anyway...
  • Reply 8 of 51
    Just out of pure and simple curiosity, how old are you?
  • Reply 9 of 51
    Well, the problems are two-fold:

One, the idea isn't original, or extraordinary. It's been around for years—see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizard_%28software%29

Second, it's not that we're "geeks." Everyone likes easy to use software. The problem is that software "on rails" isn't easy or enjoyable to use. What if you don't want to do things in a certain order? What if you already understand the basic concept of how to send email?

Your software isn't for "everyone." It's for people who have never, ever used a computer before. The problem is that this is a vanishingly small percentage of users. Once someone has sent an email, with an attachment, it's much easier to just use a dedicated email program than to go through various steps of "Now what do you wanna do? And now what?"

Wizards have their place. They're great for doing complex tasks that you'll probably do once in your life. They were useful for some websites which were modal due to the nature of HTML, although that's changing as AJAX becomes more prevalent. But they're slow, and annoying. For everyday tasks, like email, it's much easier just to teach your mom where the attachment button is. I think she'll get the concept. It has a nice paperclip icon.
  • Reply 10 of 51
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    OK, I like this idea. If you can show me a working prototype, send $10,000 to my Nigerian account so I can unlock the $20,000,000 I have locked there. The $10,000 is for processing and lawyer fees. I will then invest $800,000 in this idea. It intrigues me.
  • Reply 11 of 51
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I WAS the one View Post

Well, if Apple works on something like that it's too late, I just come up with the idea first.

You can't copyright ideas.

You could stop them stealing your graphics (but not your art style), your description (but not your functionality), and possibly the name. But ideas just aren't protected like that!

Look at things like Sherlock 3. Watson had the idea for that style of app, and even had it on the market, and Apple still released something similar. The Watson devs couldn't stop them doing that, even though they had the idea first.

Amorya
  • Reply 12 of 51
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Simon Cowell just voted you off the show...hahahaha
  • Reply 13 of 51
    somebody told me that extraordinary ideas will be Jokes for people that not think like you do.

this idea is great. I'm trying to find someone to work with. thats all. don't attack me just because I have a vision of something new. and NO it os not a wizard kind of app.
  • Reply 14 of 51
    From what I am reading, this appears to be a big joke. I hope the torture of downloading this Presentation on your extremely slow server pays off. I doubt it will. And you should research crap before posting, because that's all your doing is telling us what to do, without a why. Tell us why we should listen to you, slowly and with CAPITALIZATION, and proper spelling. Typing errors are spelling mistakes, in a form.

-tj
  • Reply 15 of 51
    LOL THAT IS THE WORST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!

That is a slow-down for any user. A painful thing of the past. Microsoft still use wizards, and look how shit their OS is? You need to enter the real world. This is a goddamn unoriginal idea, and it's been thought over by Apple probably a million times. And they don't release it. Why? Because it sucks!

Sorry, I just had to let you learn the hard way. You didn't listen to any of the other people in this topic, so.

-tj
  • Reply 16 of 51
    I respect your opinion. I will still doit anyway. some people will never understand. the ones who do understand are going to be part of a new beginning. that's ok. I'm not mad at you. the NOW concept it's not meant to be use by people like you. bye
  • Reply 17 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I WAS the one View Post

I respect your opinion. I will still doit anyway. some people will never understand. the ones who do understand are going to be part of a new beginning. that's ok. I'm not mad at you. the NOW concept it's not meant to be use by people like you. bye

Okay, let's say you're right. You have a very stellar product that you KNOW is great. But everyone else says it's bad. If they say it's bad, who exactly is going to buy it? No buyers, no funds. No funds, no productivity. No productivity, no product.
  • Reply 18 of 51
    Umm... I don't get it.

It looks to me just like a lot of step-by-step things to do simple tasks. What exactly is so revolutionary, err, extraordinary?
  • Reply 19 of 51
    Some will get it. Some will not. that's why I'm using all Mac forums to search for the right partners. My answers will be given to the people involved in this journey.

and for Tomozi:

you don't have to listen to me. If you don't care about it you can ignore all of this and that's it! Prevent a headache.
  • Reply 20 of 51
    But any regular adult, would not create an account with the username "I WAS THE ONE" and only post in a topic about the "NOW" idea... Your signature too, be part of the pointless concept?

This, I am sorry to say, won't be anything. It will merely be a topic, on a big forum, and will die when you stop bumping it. My username is tomozj, not tomozi. And it is based on my real name, nothing made up

I 100% agree with you smashbrosfan, this isn't going to be a product if none likes it.

The NOW concept, is just a load of wizards thrown together, to make the most annoying thing ever. Apple don't use wizards, for a reason. MS uses wizards, and look how annoying and slow their OS is, as I said before. To connect to a wireless network, you must go through a wizard. On OSX, you just type the SSID into a box and BOOM your in. Easier, faster, and less time consuming.

-tj