Stock Freefall?!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
uh oh boys and girls... there goes AAPL

im staying cool8) (the bird that gets spooked and flies is the one that gets shot)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    Not a stock owner because I don't believe in such things (grandpa said to make yer money with your hands, ye know).

Cansomebody explain why stocks drop when the company produces record profits, sales ar way up and they, as always, produce conservative estimates for the future?

They did not meet the estimates of people who don't work for them and therefore they are punished(??).

All the more reason I don't own stock; just a bunch of idiots running around trying to get rich off of someone elses's work.
  • Reply 2 of 24
    snoopysnoopy Posts: 1,901member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Not a stock owner because I don't believe in such things (grandpa said to make yer money with your hands, ye know).

My dad said I should make money with my brains, because it's easier than using my hands.

• Reply 3 of 24
    Quote:

Don't believe in making money? Hmm.

あんたは本当にバカだよ。:P
  • Reply 4 of 24
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:

Cansomebody explain why stocks drop when the company produces record profits, sales ar way up and they, as always, produce conservative estimates for the future?

They did not meet the estimates of people who don't work for them and therefore they are punished(??).

All the more reason I don't own stock; just a bunch of idiots running around trying to get rich off of someone elses's work.

You buy stock on rumour and sell on news. The stock has dipped because some people are profit taking. The results were already factored into the price because of the rumour or expectations of guidance given by Apple and analysists, and these people take a bet that basically the expectation meets or exceeds reality, when it does they sell and make a profit, if somehow the reality fails to meet expectation and the stock majorly tanks, they lose their bet, and either sell at a loss, or wait for the next rumour to raise the price.
  • Reply 5 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Saiko View Post

Don't believe in making money? Hmm.

• Reply 6 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

• Reply 7 of 24
    EDIT: No post
  • Reply 8 of 24
    Wow. Saiko insulted me.

How did you get the font right? Mine comes out garbled like everybody else's. As for being a baka...
  • Reply 9 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by snoopy View Post

My dad said I should make money with my brains, because it's easier than using my hands.

You just ain't got the same hands dat I's gots! I have a very comfortable life at the moment thanks in large part to my hands... and my brain, which told them what to do.

The stock market is just baffling to me, that's all. Poker, however, that's another story!

You guys stop picking on Saiko; what he wrote is perfectly comprensible (or is it because my Mac is configured to use Japanese fonts and your'S aren't? How come you guys are posting garbage?) Rude, but comprehensible.

Apple Down 6.19%. Ouch. I sure hope some of you guys are good at hanging in when the going gets rough. I have to go finish painting the living room...
  • Reply 10 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarcUK View Post

You buy stock on rumour and sell on news. The stock has dipped because some people are profit taking. The results were already factored into the price because of the rumour or expectations of guidance given by Apple and analysists, and these people take a bet that basically the expectation meets or exceeds reality, when it does they sell and make a profit, if somehow the reality fails to meet expectation and the stock majorly tanks, they lose their bet, and either sell at a loss, or wait for the next rumour to raise the price.

Thanks, Mark.
  • Reply 11 of 24
    On my computer it came out, "Greg has VD."

But I don't know, maybe that's just mine...
  • Reply 12 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

On my computer it came out, "Greg has VD."

But I don't know, maybe that's just mine...

And don't you forget it. You don't know how many foos I had to teabag for that to happen.
  • Reply 13 of 24
    Quote:

You just ain't got the same hands dat I's gots! I have a very comfortable life at the moment thanks in large part to my hands... and my brain, which told them what to do.

The stock market is just baffling to me, that's all. Poker, however, that's another story!

You guys stop picking on Saiko; what he wrote is perfectly comprensible (or is it because my Mac is configured to use Japanese fonts and your'S aren't? How come you guys are posting garbage?)

Apple Down 6.19%. Ouch. I sure hope some of you guys are good at hanging in when the going gets rough. I have to go finish painting the living room...

I tried to say "sore wa chotto zankoku da ne?"

I have no idea how Saiko managed to actually get it to come out as Japanese, though

I still blame vBulletin.
  • Reply 14 of 24
  • Reply 15 of 24
    Maybe vBulletin has VD?
  • Reply 16 of 24
    It got it from TBaggins...
  • Reply 17 of 24
    Or Melgross. But that only could have happened during his "gaming" days apparently.
  • Reply 18 of 24
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    ANyway, how far will the stock plummet?

If'n I had some extra cash, tommorow wpuld be a perfect time to buy . . . too bad I'm broker than the Aral Sea is dry.
  • Reply 19 of 24
    saikosaiko Posts: 46member
    ahaha, I was just kidding with you Bergermeister. We're cool

As for how I typed the Japanese? Its kinda depressing, but I typed it through a windows machine at school in their library earlier this morning. My mac always messes it up when I try to type Japanese into a forum post. I don't understand it either :P
  • Reply 20 of 24
    Drat. There I was thinking I had been offered a job and insulted both on the same day! Good thing I didn't have any bets on that. 8)

You used... a ... PC? shhhhhh... don't want to say that too loudly around here... Learning Japanese at school?

The entire market was off 1% due to Apple?

Just tech stocks?