Jobs, iPhone Spotted at Sporting Event

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
A photo that has recently cropped up on an image sharing website appears to show Apple chief executive Steve Jobs holding an iPhone conversation during a recent youth sporting event in California.

Admittedly, the photo tests the boundaries of what could be considered "news" and is also difficult to authenticate due to a slight motion blur. Nevertheless, it does appear to show the Apple co-founder, clad in his trademark blue jeans and black turtleneck, plugged into some form of electronics device.

"Yes, the photo is for real, and yes it is an iPhone that he was talking on, or at least it was the same size and shape," wrote the photographer, who goes by the tag name "thane" on image sharing website, Flickr. "He took it out of his pocket to make calls using the touchscreen."

Engaging viewers' question in the comments that accompanied the photo, thane went on to say that he could hear Jobs' side of the conversation, but admitted that wasn't paying much attention to what was said.

"I'm amazed that people find this so interesting. It's public information that they're developing the iPhone -- I wasn't surprised to see him using one (presumably they're testing prototypes or something)," he wrote. "I just thought it was kind of cool that he was using one, pointed my cellphone in his general direction, and pressed the button."

With that, we'll open this one up to comments...

A photo purportedly showing Apple CEO Steve Jobs using an touch-screen-based cell phone at a sporting event.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 92
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    He was calling Brittney Spears in rehab.
  • Reply 2 of 92
    Call me skeptical...

...but I'm skeptical.

-Clive
  • Reply 3 of 92
    buzdotsbuzdots Posts: 452member
    Quote:

Admittedly, the photo tests the boundaries of what could be considered "news" and is also difficult to authenticate due to a slight motion blur. Nevertheless, it does appear to show the Apple co-founder, clad in his trademark blue jeans and black turtleneck, plugged into some form of electronics device.

EXCUSE ME?! Where did you say the phone was???

There is NO F----'n phone in that picture!!!
  • Reply 4 of 92
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BuzDots View Post

EXCUSE ME?! Where did you say the phone was???

There is NO F----'n phone in that picture!!!

I'm no genius or anything, but it would appear that he's wearing the headphone accessory with the cellular talkie thing that was also announced as an Apple iPhone accessory and that the F-----'n phone IS IN HIS POCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duh?

Here

• Reply 5 of 92
    crees!crees! Posts: 501member
    No, the phone's behind his back. He's crushing it while leaning against the fence. Testing it for scratch resistance!
  • Reply 6 of 92
    ak1808ak1808 Posts: 108member
    Is he always wearing the jeans and black turtle neck?

This is funny! :-)
  • Reply 7 of 92
    it's a picture of a guy that could be Steve Jobs wearing blue jeans and a black turtle neck with white earbuds in his ears.

SO WHAT?!!
  • Reply 8 of 92
    To begin with, I find it really suspicious that he's wearing his trademark clothes; I bet this was Photoshopped from an existing keynote. I don't believe it's real.

And if it is a real photo, so what?? The iPhone is due to be out in 3 months; why wouldn't it make sense that he'd be using one sometimes?
  • Reply 9 of 92
    quigsquigs Posts: 1member
    Products need to be tested before they are released. Jobs gets to be a beta tester because he's Steve Jobs. Be thankful that someone like him is working out the bugs!
  • Reply 10 of 92
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    He does appear to be slightly less saturated than the rest of the image. Seriously though, why is Steve Jobs having an iPhone newsworthy 2 months after he showed us his iPhone at MacWorld?

Hey, I hear Bill Gates got to use Vista before it was released too!
  • Reply 11 of 92
    fraklincfraklinc Posts: 244member
    first this guy is a billionare, no way in hell they could get that close to him, trump is a broke as, compare to him and you wont get near 100 feet from that guy, and where the hell is the phone ? oh yeah is in his pocket, because someone says it is, yeah right
  • Reply 12 of 92
    Quote:

no way in hell they could get that close to him, trump is a broke as, compare to him and you wont get near 100 feet from that guy

Could you try reposting this thought in a different way? I'm having difficulty understanding what you're trying to express.
  • Reply 13 of 92
    buzdotsbuzdots Posts: 452member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacsRGood4U View Post

I'm no genius or anything, but it would appear that he's wearing the headphone accessory with the cellular talkie thing that was also announced as an Apple iPhone accessory and that the F-----'n phone IS IN HIS POCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duh?

OK, as a photographic interpreter in a previous life, answer me this:

1. Have you ever worn a pair of jeans that had a forward leaning pocket that was placed on the front of the leg?

2. If it is still unapproved by FCC then, uhhhhhhhh, damn?

3. It does have Bluetooth.........why give people room to chatter about crappy photos like this?

4. The white border around the iPhone is SMALLER than the diameter of a strand of chain link fence...why does it look so much like an extention of the headphones he is using?

I didn't say "this isn't Steve" nor did I say "there isn't a cord running down his stomach, and apparently attached to something"

I simply said "there is no phone"

You are right, Things are not as they seem - nor they as we might want them to be.....
  • Reply 14 of 92
    Well... I'll say this... at least he's not too busy to attend his daughter's sports events or his son's plays. Admirable for someone so easily recognized.
  • Reply 15 of 92
    I've seen Steve at his kids' school events and, yes, he does wear his trademark attire even while other dads are wearing their respective "work clothes" (ie: suits, slacks, etc.). (His on attends my prep school alma mater).
  • Reply 16 of 92
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BuzDots View Post

OK, as a photographic interpreter in a previous life, answer me this:

1. Have you ever worn a pair of jeans that had a forward leaning pocket that was placed on the front of the leg?

2. If it is still unapproved by FCC then, uhhhhhhhh, damn?

3. It does have Bluetooth.........why give people room to chatter about crappy photos like this?

4. The white border around the iPhone is SMALLER than the diameter of a strand of chain link fence...why does it look so much like an extention of the headphones he is using?

I didn't say "this isn't Steve" nor did I say "there isn't a cord running down his stomach, and apparently attached to something"

I simply said "there is no phone"

1. WHAT THE F-----K ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? IT's a F--------kn camera phone photo, how do you see a "FORWARD LEANING POCKET" and WTF is a "FORWARD LEANING POCKET PLACED ON THE FRONT O FTHE LEG?" I can't barely make out anything aside from it does appear to be steve given the face, size of the man, the posture and what have you.

2. OK Smarty Pants (no pun intended). You should know that just because its not fcc approved doesnt mean jobs cant test it, it means apple cant yet sell it

3. What the CRANK HECK POOP STANK are you talking about here? And if you mean why is he using the wired headphones with the cellular voice receiver over the bluetooth headset then it is because hes listening to music AND talking, not just talking. He likes the BEATLES.

4. OK I have no idea what your trout-sniffin arse is saying here either. Maybe take some time to be clear anc concise when you write this stuff even if you cannot spell like me.

!!
  • Reply 17 of 92
    Holy Shit MacsRGood4U! I think my head just exploded.
  • Reply 18 of 92
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    It's just an IPod, nothing more, nothing to see here - I'm going not to eat some sheep.
  • Reply 19 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fraklinc View Post

first this guy is a billionare, no way in hell they could get that close to him, trump is a broke as, compare to him and you wont get near 100 feet from that guy, and where the hell is the phone ? oh yeah is in his pocket, because someone says it is, yeah right

You overestimate his narcissism. Steve lives in an unpretentious home in Palo Alto. He goes jogging through the neighborhood without a security entourage. He sits in regular seats in his son's school auditorium. Back in the 1990's I met him at the local Fry's Electroinics, believe it or not. For all the bad press he gets, he's actually just your run-of-the-mill dad who just happens to be a passionate and formidable marketing genius and CEO.
  • Reply 20 of 92
    tmedia1tmedia1 Posts: 104member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fraklinc View Post

Go back to school. You need it.