Overlooked/forgotten WWDC new hardware announcement

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I hate to add another product to the mix of Mac users expectations that can't possibly be met at WWDC, and I know there was threads about this product here before, but I think people are overlooking the fact that Apple will very possibly announce new cincema displays at WWDC. Seen as this is future hardware, that's my prediction. On June 11th I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Apple announcing new cineama displays at WWDC. I think we'll see 24" and 32", yeah that's right, possibly no 20". They'll be thinner, lighter, they'll have a built-in iSight cameras, and who knows they may even have hidden speakers. I doubt however, as some people have said that this will be Apple's television, I personally see Apple making a tele, but I don't think this will be it. I doubt we'll see both new MacBook Pro's and iMac's at WWDC, I think we'll just see new iMac's, I see the new MacBook Pro's coming later.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    krispiekrispie Posts: 260member
    "Seen as this is"

AARGGGHHHHH!

OK, I'll forgive you, I'm not fluent in Irish.

Oh, and why would screens be unveiled at a developers' conference?
  • Reply 2 of 27
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Fixed:

I hate to add another product to the mix of Mac users' expectations that can't possibly be met at WWDC, and I know there were threads about this product here before, but I think people are overlooking the fact that Apple will very possibly announce new cinema displays at WWDC. Seeing as this is future hardware, that's my prediction. On June 11th I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Apple announcing new cineama displays at WWDC. I think we'll see 24" and 32", yeah that's right, possibly no 20". They'll be thinner, lighter, they'll have a built-in iSight cameras, and who knows they may even have hidden speakers. I doubt however, as some people have said that this will be Apple's television, I personally see Apple making a tele, but I don't think this will be it. I doubt we'll see both new MacBook Pros and iMacs at WWDC, I think we'll just see new iMacs, I see the new MacBook Pros coming later.
  • Reply 3 of 27
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by krispie View Post

Oh, and why would screens be unveiled at a developers' conference?

Same reason they were three years ago.
  • Reply 4 of 27
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by krispie

OK, I'll forgive you, I'm not fluent in Irish.

LOL, I'm leaving my stupidity for the world to see, ok I'll admit I had a late one last night, and I have had a few jars, but you know, new displays, that's really the main point here. I truly do know how to spell cinema, honest.

And Krispie, when people in your country can pronounce 'sixth' correctly I learn your language.
  • Reply 5 of 27
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

And Krispie, when people in your country can pronounce 'sixth' correctly I learn your language.

LOL! now that was funny. I didn't see that coming.
  • Reply 6 of 27
    musltngbluemusltngblue Posts: 303member
    Quote:

I doubt we'll see both new MacBook Pro's and iMac's at WWDC, I think we'll just see new iMac's, I see the new MacBook Pro's coming later.

Out of curiosity, what gives you this impression?
  • Reply 7 of 27
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Anyone care to explain what is this about?
  • Reply 8 of 27
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Might be similar to 1, 2, 3, foe.
  • Reply 9 of 27
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    The iMac is no more, all they will do is offer cinema displays at a discount of £150 when you buy the cube that they are going to announce. You heard it here first.

I do think they might be LED based though.
  • Reply 10 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I do think they might be LED based though.

No big LED displays for a while yet, I'm afraid.

I'm kinda bummed because the upcoming move to LED displays will probably delay the move to higher resolution displays (maybe not). It just seems since LEDs will be more expensive, manufacturers will be less likely to bump the resolution at the same time.
  • Reply 11 of 27
    eroseros Posts: 23member
    Why no LED's yet (forgive my ignorance)?
  • Reply 12 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eros View Post

Steve Jobs wrote an open letter recently about the "greening of Apple" in which he implied that LED display technology would take a while to ramp up. Small displays would be coming first and by the end of 2008 Apple hoped to eliminate all mercury from all of their displays. I took this to mean only notebooks would get LED displays this year.
  • Reply 13 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MusLtngBlue View Post

Out of curiosity, what gives you this impression?

Well the new books arrived today, so in a way I was right. The reason I suspected only the iMac's and not both at WWDC was that the iMac's would be a bigger announcement, and one Apple would like to do on stage, WWDC being the perfect stage.
  • Reply 14 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Read the last paragraph here, it should shed some light on the subject. The pronunciation 'sikth' it quite common in England, I find it perplexing.
  • Reply 15 of 27
    Quote:

Read the last paragraph here, it should shed some light on the subject. The pronunciation 'sikth' it quite common in England, I find it perplexing.

Dang it, after reading that i forgot how I normally say sixth and I'm all messed up lol.
  • Reply 16 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eros View Post

because at the time you posted this there were. MBPs got them this morning. WOOT!!!
  • Reply 17 of 27
    i think all the upgraded specs have just been released on the internet but new designs will be at WWDC. my 2 cents
  • Reply 18 of 27
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Oh, thanks for that. I did not know that there was more than the "siksth" version, let alone that the other one is common in England.
  • Reply 19 of 27
    isomorphicisomorphic Posts: 199member
    I sincerely hope new Cinema Displays appear at WWDC; I have my AmEx ready for the 32" model. No more crappy Dell LCDs for me, thank you--however little they may cost.

If the Cinema Displays are not LED I will wait to see the Samsung XL30.

I think Apple can probably swing LED backlighting in the Cinema Displays this year, because that's the way the LCD TV industry is headed--and because Apple no doubt does less volume in those than in, say, the panels integrated with iMacs. Time will tell.

Oh, and "sicks-th."
  • Reply 20 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shadow Slayer 26 View Post

Dang it, after reading that i forgot how I normally say sixth and I'm all messed up lol.

haha same