Macbook shuts down with low battery

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
when my macbook isn't plugged into the wall it works fine on the battery. however unlike my old powerbook it doesn't give me a notice when the battery is getting really low and instead it just shuts down completely instead of going to sleep. how do i fix it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nay_acharya View Post

when my macbook isn't plugged into the wall it works fine on the battery. however unlike my old powerbook it doesn't give me a notice when the battery is getting really low and instead it just shuts down completely instead of going to sleep. how do i fix it?

My Powerbook has been doing the same thing. It will get to 23 percent or something and then shut down, no warning. Then when I plug it in, it reads 0 percent.

I've gotten the Coconut app, and tried some other suggestions (discharge completely being one) and nothing has helped.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CoolHandPete View Post

My Powerbook has been doing the same thing. It will get to 23 percent or something and then shut down, no warning. Then when I plug it in, it reads 0 percent.

I've gotten the Coconut app, and tried some other suggestions (discharge completely being one) and nothing has helped.

exactly the same problem, i might just take it into the apple store \